Elden Ring

When did you realize you were playing the worst from software game since vanilla dark souls 2?

Attached: Elden_Ring_Box_art.jpg (273x364, 36.68K)

>its popular so that makes it bad
>me special snowflake that only likes shit obscure games so that makes me better than everyone else
Any Forums is so pathetic

Its better than 2 but not by much.

>It's contrarianism now to like the other games in the souls series.
>You HAVE to think it's better than sekiro and bloodborne and dark souls 3, if you don't think so you're just shitposting
fuck off
even dark souls 3 had better combat and dark souls 3 was shit

As soon as you beat Lyndell the entire game turns to shit

Goes from an 8 to a 6 with a hard wall in betwee.

Yeah and 2 is better than every other game but 1 and DeS.

more like when i realised i was playing the best from software game, you mean?
it was around the time i cast "law of regression" and it showed a man turn into a woman
absolutely based beyond all compare

but DS2 is the best FromSoft game user, you'd know that if you'd played it a few times and seen how much build variety it has

I played all of the Soulborne series. Dark Souls 2 still remains the worst one, and I actually loved Elden Ring more than Dark Souls 1 and 3.

build variety is unironically the best part of dark souls 2 and the only thing in which it beats every other game in the series
unfortunately dark souls 2 combat is absolute shit and dark souls 2 levels are utterly horrible and dark souls 2 lore is extremely boring and poorly explained

It's the top 3 From Software games with Sekiro and Bloodborne. You cannot refute this

t. contrarian
also git

When I reached Altus.

Dark Souls 1 mogs it

This. I absolutely agree with this post to be fair.

>Highest amount of DLC-tier bosses in base game
>Best level design in the series
>Best world design in the series
>Best Lore/Story in the series
>Best characters in the series
>Greatest playstyle variety in the series
>Most replayability in the series
>Least linear open-ended game in the series
>Visually gorgeous throughout
>Weapon arts don't feel like a tacked on prototype
>Quick/BH step extremely useful, to the point where you've essentially got BB-level mobility

I am flabbergasted they actually pulled this off. It seems unfeasible in hindsight, given the sheer scale and ambition of the game. It's somehow both the most feature-rich, and most finished of From's non-Sekiro RPG's they've released.

Here's my tier list for the games, as they were released:
SSS tier: Elden Ring, Sekiro
A Tier: DS1, DS3, BB
B Tier: DeS
C Tier: DaS2

Somewhere around the 3rd or 4th reused cave. I got sick of the catacombs a lot quicker

delusion

Idk bro I just like being able to play as whatever I want not some supreme gentleman with a cane or a cripple ninja.

SoTFS is most definitely better than 1 and Demon Souls.

>he didn't go around killing bosses as an ayy

I am pretty impartial to 1 cause that was my 1st one. But I could see 2 being better that DeS for sure, although I keep losing my save file for DeS which irks me to no end.

Is this a joke or a marketer post?

100% agree. 1 > 2 > DeS >everything else

>Best level design in the series
In what way? The legacy dungeons? Which one is better than undeadburg or Yharnam?
>Greatest playstyle variety in the series
Just objectively false. Sure there are literally a lot of options, but in practice 90% of those options are literal gimps or downright unusable for most of the content. Dark Souls 3 had far more viable variety and Dark Souls 3 combat is cancer.
>Weapon arts don't feel like a tacked on prototype
You're right, they are extremely overpowered and destroy the balance of the game. There is absolutely 0 reason to use a single faith spell over spamming weapon arts.
>Quick/BH step extremely useful, to the point where you've essentially got BB-level mobility
It's extremely useful because it's the only thing in the game that allows you to keep up with the pace of the bosses. It should have been how your character moves at the start and not an ash of war.
I agree with you on the lore and world of the game user. I think it's the best yet. But you are absolutely fooling yourself if you think the combat system in ER is anything other than good by AAA standards, and a complete failure by From standards. Bloodborne was infinitely more polished than this game in nearly every single way. If BB is your A tier then Elden Ring is a B tier. Lore and world are secondary to gameplay.