Why are we transported to Farum Azula to grab the death rune again?

Why are we transported to Farum Azula to grab the death rune again?

Attached: eldenring_2022_03_20_17_19_44_470.png (1366x768, 1.78M)

Kek, i don't know.
I also don't know what Melina was supposed to do if the door to the elden throne was open and her burning wasn't necessary.

I think you're trying to repair the elden ring, and to do that, you need to bring back all the shards that broke off.

you need destined death to properly burn away the vines or something iirc

Yeah I was wondering why she killed herself to burn the tree when it literally does nothing and killing this guy fucks the tree for real.

This Melina starts the fire that kills the tree, but Maliketh holds the Rune that will allow the tree to die.

oops, meant to link

blablabla time is convoluted blablabla

she starts the burning while sending you away, story wise you're on a time limit(not a real timelimit in game) the fire wont take hold till rune of death is forced on it

Because theres cut content, it's the only thing that makes sense. I'd imagine, given more development time, it'd be something like
>get to top of mountain
>instead of the goblet of fire there's a legacy dungeon, Farum Azula, pre tornado
>clearing the dungeon brings you to Melina sacrificing herself
>(if you have given yourself to the Three Fingers by this point, Melina's cut boss battle would be here)
>either way burn the tree
>burning the tree drums up a gigantic storm which destroys Farum Azula
>the Tarnished hits his head or something during the commotion
>wake up
>you must now traverse Crumbling Farum Azula, the area has changed significantly but rooms and areas are still recognizable
>previously unreachable areas, rooms and items can now be reached
>also the burning of the tree unlocked a previously locked chamber wherein you fight Maliketh (and get the rune)
Idk something like that.

Attached: 1640350062723.jpg (590x550, 34.07K)

shut the fuck up nerd

because Zanzibart...forgive me

Theory: Melina was created by Marika. Marika knew the Erdtree wouldn't let a Tarnished in, and so made Melina and gave her the task of burning herself to damage the Erdtree.

The rune of death being hidden away is what kept the Erdtree from being burned for real.
This was something Marika did during the war against the Giants so they wouldn't be able to burn the Erdtree during the war.

I thought the rune of death was that rune you reassemble from the Ranni and Fia quests?

Because they had to pad out the main story content.

No, Melina is one of Melania's 7 daughters or something.

Also, this would explain why traversing Crumbling Farum Azula is (almost entirely) going down. Why would Melina send you to bumfuck nowhere and not just next to the rune (other than it being a video game). It'd make much more sense if the reason the Tarnished was up there to begin with was because the goblet was ontop of Farum Azula.
No

No that's the cursemark of Death. The rune you get is a mending rune not a great one (I think it makes it so being undead is now a natural part of the cycle/world?)

It was clearly just a side area that they then made mandatory to pad out the end of the game.

I don't care about why I need to kill Maliketh. If you're a god, a dragon, a monster with a reputation, I'm gonna kill you.

What I want to know is how the fuck passing out and falling into the giant kiln sends you to Farum Azula? How do I get from point A to point B?

How does meditating in the irithyll dungeon teleport you to the dragon sanctuary?

It's a souls game.

I guess why have threads like this or talk about the lore at all. I'm just genuinely wondering if there's any logic behind this or they just had Farum Azula and had no fucking clue how to send the character there and didn't bother justifying it in any way.

>It was clearly just a side area that they then made mandatory to pad out the end of the game.

You see falling debris of Falum Azula everywhere in the world from the beginning. It's definitely not a side area.

>has red hair
>has the same dagger, clothing, and moveset as Millicent

Attached: 1632037641979.png (500x500, 134.53K)

That's something that isn't explained at all. The only time someone mentions you doing that is the old finger lady and she just says that she's shocked that your going to get the rune of death and burn the erdtree. No one at any point said to go retrieve it. I wonder if it's cut dialogue that Melina was supposed to say or something, like perhaps you need to steal the rune of death to burn the erdtree fully or something.

>moveset is shared with Black Knife Assassins
>dagger shares a base shape with the Black Knife minus the extra sticking out bits
how deep does this rabbit hole go