Why does SM64 get all the fake beta shit?

Even in the Mario series it's far from the most interesting beta
youtube.com/watch?v=aRGRrDUaecU

Attached: E5kyh1rX0AIp7t1.png orig.png (359x272, 239.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d_G8Fwf6ZJM
youtu.be/93Zpzm37sTU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: FMySX3NXsBEVUeS.png (449x311, 338.74K)

SM64 has a larger hacking community and a more active fanbase, the tools to hack it are far more developed and easier to get started with as a result. It likely gets more interest just for being the blank slate first 3D Mario while Sunshine is more gimmicky.

>no game will ever have movement as fluid as SM64
It hurts but at least there's difficult romhacks like this to go through
youtube.com/watch?v=d_G8Fwf6ZJM

Why can't the Animal Crossing for gamecube/n64 get the same modding treatment that sm64 gets?

Attached: niggalisa.png (640x480, 416.54K)

Because it has a good sized community and it's easier to reproduce something that looks like it could be from 64 than other later games.

I hate this shit because it's muddled up actual discussion of beta Mario 64 content, and in actual beta threads on forums or whatever, you will get kids coming in and posting this shit.

If actual builds of Beta Mario 64 come out, I'd be interested because it was apparently much harder.

It's at least very easy to source what's bullshit and what's not.
I'd say it'd be harder to verify if something real leaks, but that's always been a thing (pic related)

Attached: de44798f.jpg (424x310, 17.86K)

SM64 is one of the farthest things from a pinpoint description of fluid movement. It has good control yes but movement and control are not the same.

I'd rather the last magicians quest game get translated.

The Mario fanbase is lowkey more autistic than the Sonic fanbase. It's only been getting worse over time too. The autism is accelerating.

>13 hours straight grinding a modded m64 level

Props for the skill, but you can't tell me that dudes not autistic

The fakes are really too good now. A casual observer looking into this subject would not be able to tell this from a real beta screenshot.

It will once it’s successfully decompiled and ported to pc

I-IS THAT A WINDMILL????

ironically enough, despite the newer ACs being more about design and whatnot, most of the fanbase is uncreative and unfunny.

Because all the "personalized" "and "Wario apparition" memes went viral.

>sm64 was so badly optimized that it's possible to optimize it and run it at 80fps on n64 hardware
Why were Nintendo's tech teams so bad? are they still bad and everyone on Switch is just order of magnitude worse?

Super Mario 64 is a game about liminal spaces and freemasonic rituals.

Super Mario Sunshine is a game about cleaning up waste on a holiday.

>why did developers from 25+ years ago making one of the first 3d games not implement 4k/120fps???

Attached: 1646700486503.gif (498x498, 2.96M)

sega am2 got 60 fps out of VF2 on saturn (a way shittier console when it comes to raw 3d power) the same year

on what game

VF2 is probably Virtua Fighter 2

youtu.be/93Zpzm37sTU
>comparing a 3D platformer to 3D fighting on a platform

Tbh Kaze said in one of his videos about his last rom hack he is working on, how poorly Mario 64 was in term of optimization, sometimes it is a code problem that slow down the game, another time it’s the game by itself that could be improved to make it runs better.

Low poly being a better aesthetic for weirdo dreamlike shit like fake beta stuff would be my first thought, but it's probably just what said.

you do not recognize the bodies in the water.

Damn, Super Mario Sunshine did not need to come out as soon as it did. Same case with The Wind Waker. Great games that could have still been so much better with just a little more time.

Attached: firefox_2022-03-20_21-03-34.png (231x232, 21.26K)

>4k120fps
>snes games were already well optimized and landing 60fps
>not even remotely one of the first 3d games 3d games had been releasing over a decade ago and 3d games were on nintendo's last games console
>3d games on pc had been releasing for years before sm64
You're not even trying, Nintendo's tech teams were shit, it's possible that they are still shit, but with the way third parties treat the Switch Nintendo published titles still remain the consoles best optimized ones, on legacy Nintendo hardware this wasn't the case at all.

>not knowing king sm64 autismo Simpleflips
How new?

what's a king to a god

Attached: firefox_2022-03-20_21-09-38.png (467x464, 357.55K)