Strangers in Paradise

It's kino. Cringekinl but kino

Attached: 1647696457303.png (500x411, 242K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Md7ipLn13bw?t=300
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm a Chaos poster, but I still agree

We will hunt you down

>be sage
>use blood sigil
>cast ultima
>watch a boss just fucking go from 100 to 0 in seconds
mmm, balance

Unironically way more fun than Elden Ring

It just makes me want to play Nioh 2.

>drop ER for SoP
>only feel like playing this until I finish it
>also thinking about replaying nioh 2 now
Shit is amazing I need to finish ER but man SoP is so much fun I hope FFO becomes a full series. SE should've let TN do all the development here. Overall game is a 8/10 probably going to beat NG today after I'm done working out legs. Thanks for reading my blog.

Attached: 20220317_162228.jpg (4000x3000, 2.9M)

Damn...I didn't know that even this game was made for BBC...

I'm not british

honestly this. Just beat the game yesterday and I'm craving more of this kind of gameplay.

Nioh 2 filtered me hard when I first tried to play it a couple years ago, only made it partway through the first mission before ragequitting. I'm gonna go back and give it another shot now. Thanks Jack

Which is the best job to start with?

Warrior imo but you can grind up all the basics pretty fast. I use my anima on mage because that levels the slowest and is the most gimped to start with.

Love this shit
Playing ninja and dark knight is fun
Thinking about switching to breaker from dark knight tho

What's your favorite part/job user so far?

Nioh 2 plays VASTLY better than SoP.
I felt SoP felt so clunky when trying to dodge / block mid animation. It felt that only the stolen spells could be used to animation cancel.
So many times I was just getting caught getting hit by something because dodging / blocking did nothing mid-attack animation.
So most of the time you're just waiting for enemies to attack, block, then you can attack. It doesn't make combat flow very well.

John Videogames and Jack Videogames

Attached: IMG_2527.jpg (1242x731, 377.16K)

So the game isn't as much full of "kino" dialogue as expected?

Apparently it become pretty serious in a credible way at midgame, is that true?

Blocking/parrying feels really awful for me in this game

I played the demo and enjoyed fighting Garland more than any boss in the 200 hours I played of Elden Ring. Is the whole game that fun?

Attached: 1634034131374.png (1145x720, 570.4K)

Context?

SoP had animation cancelling tied to using your abilities, which tied into your MP. That can be pretty limiting if you're not that good or saving your MP for other shit. SoP really needed a stamina meter or some other gauge for dictating animation canceling

English vs Jap voice overs? English seems like the full CHAOS experience, but how is the Japanese one?

My favorite job is tyrant or monk because of the fists and buffs. It's really fun stacking blood weapon with souleater for heavy damage.

Marilith is kicking my ass

Same. I'm about 5 hours in and I'm curious if I'm ever going to really "get" the combat.
Nioh 2 seemed to flow a lot better and I'm just feeling like I'm getting hit by shit with no rhyme or reason even though I feel like I'm hitting block / parry.

Also, are there literally no iframes on the dodge / roll?

ironically it took until the final boss for me to actually get good at parrying and weapon switching to manage your break gauge. Your party members are actually huge crutches, even on Hard mode. They're just too powerful, especially with how easy it is to use resonance and how tanky they are

they're both Lufenians

>game supposedly ties into dissidia
>that one scene where some villains were about to throw down but then jecht comes and wants in the fun
>everyone else just leaves and not even JACK GARLAND wanted to "spar" with him
Maybe he has his limits even if he's supposed to be CHAOS

It's meh

Thinking about Nioh2 is more fun than playing Nioh2
Just cut it out already. Only masochists can stomach the artificial difficulty of Nioh cheap deaths

>So the game isn't as much full of "kino" dialogue as expected?
user, the entire game is chock full of cringekino. If anything Jack is even more of a gigachad than the trailers made him out to be

I would say the game always took itself seriously, it's just the plot gets pretty dark near the end

Attached: Sopfinalfantasyorigin 2022.03.20 - 12.44.51.02.DVR.webm (1072x608, 1.51M)

100% play the English VA

Based Jack

I unlocked White Mage and the past two bosses I fought (some knight on a horse, and a fused elemental) were pretty much solo'd by my party. All I need to do is caste regen on everyone and keep up buffs, and they just melt bosses.
Seems pretty braindead to me.

unlock teleport from sage

The music is good though

Yeah it's crazy how much more fun things get when the player has more than 2 moves and a roll at his disposal to deal with enemies.

Attached: 1643749988308.png (492x428, 114.16K)

don't rely on your party members too much user... you end up doing the final boss solo, so you should actually learn how to play the game before then. Don't make the same mistake I did

git gud

>cast reinforce
>cast hastega
>instantly charged mace hits shatter enemy break in 0.1 secs
man, white mages are fun to play as

English bro stick to English that's kino

outside of lightbringer and Chaosbringer in the post-game I never really used the commands. Figured the MP would be better spent on abilities or magic

I probably won't play it long enough to get there. The combat just isn't clicking for me.

Most fights I end up sitting and waiting for attacks to parry as the lack of animation canceling moves really punishes aggressive play. It just feels really boring to me. Maybe I'm just playing the wrong job (samurai).

Jack carries the entire English dub but in Japanese Jack says CHAOS more times

Attached: 1624075943605.jpg (1024x576, 55.98K)

>Is the whole game that fun?
yes, even moreso on Hard. The bosses are all hyper-aggressive and doing the dance of parrying and soul shielding their attacks while managing your break gauge, MP, and doing damage is fun as fuck

>more than 2 moves and a roll at his disposal to deal with enemies.
running
rolling
jumping
parrying
quickstepping
light and heavy attacks, jumping attacks, running attacks
crouch attacks
roll attacks
magic
spirit summons
ashes of war
>2 moves
ok retard

You have to go back.

Attached: images.png (225x225, 3.75K)

I barely use Lightbringer but I use Blood Weapon often. I need to start using Lancet & Venom more.

the jobs play very differently, I'd encourage you to experiment with a bunch of them before giving up on the game

the commands are pretty fucking strong user, they're worth it. teleport lets you cancel out of any attack by dodging.

>summons
>magic
>running
>quickstepping
>moves
Legit brainrot

turning on subtitles really enhances the game experience

Attached: 1640388981631.png (1920x1080, 2.83M)

can't remember the last time I really enjoyed my time in a game. Thanks Jack

Attached: file(55).png (806x697, 242.09K)

Fromdrones SEETHING over how much better Jack's game is than ER

Every time I open the boss room door on mission 1, the game crashes. Anyone else run into this?

what's your favorite soul burst?

mine is after the second phase of the final boss. Walking toward him casually parrying his hits was kino as fuck

Based as fuark

Anything that involved Jack just punching them in the face. Never gets old.

Yes but it sounds great in English

Astos is best bro.

keep at it user. Pay attention to her movements, she has a distinct tell for when she's about to swing her tail. Block/soul shield the first sweep, then get ready for the vertical slam. You can attack after that. When she uses that blade dance buff she's open for a good bit of time as well.

her OST is kino as fuck too, not the worst boss to be stuck on

Pirated the pc port but its so badly done i cant even play it. It constantly uses all 4gb of my GPU and goes slowdown mode. :(

fucking this. Phase 2 Kraken was one of my favorites
youtu.be/Md7ipLn13bw?t=300

Hard with NPC helpers, or normal but solo?

>GPU
>4gb
user...

Has anyone got it working on PC?

Hard with NPC

Don't worry user. I have a 3090 and everything is maxed.
The tutorial area with the grass that looks like a scene from Gladiator literally has pop-in on all the grass beyond like 2 feet from your character. I can't believe a AAA game looks like this in current year.

Hard, even if you use helpers. The bosses are tuned more aggressive (appropriately so, imo) and use their full moveset

it honestly just adds to the PS2/PS3-era feel of the game

I was in a level today with some ballista shooting at me and whenever it was shooting the same time I was doing a finisher, the game would chug down into complete slow motion.
However I wouldn't really say this is a positive quality that makes me feel nostalgic for games 20 years older than it.