Besides multiplayer games like League and Apex Legends, how big of a problem is compatibility for Linux gaming?

Besides multiplayer games like League and Apex Legends, how big of a problem is compatibility for Linux gaming?
It seems like most single player games run just as well as on Windows 10

Attached: tuxgif.gif (512x512, 1.02M)

There are some single-player games that won't work on Linux (at least not without significant tinkering), but for the most part, you're right. The major issues with single player games are mostly solved or solvable.

DRG is completely fine

>GE-Proton7-10 Released
>Persona 5 Strikers videos now work

>It seems like most single player games run just as well as on Windows 10
No it doesn't, you will spend hours trouble shooting every game, it's just not worth the hassle install windows 10

*hassle to

is there any way to stop Linux from snowballing and completely annihilating proprietary platforms?

Attached: ols_2006_keynote_29.jpg (512x312, 43.4K)

I don't know if that's enough for Strikers to be playable. I'll let the thread know when it finishes downloading.

NATO will declare it as terrorist software for pedophiles and russians

Linux is so pretty
That's not a problem

Attached: lu309947klt11.png (1920x1080, 1.62M)

Works on my machine. Don't know if that's linux or the fact that I barely play any game that came out after 2010 though.

nothing that a Windows-looking theme for KDE can't fix

sudo rm *

oh no! anyway

The only other problems I can think of are very old hardware that doesn't support Vulkan (OpenGL is fine but DXVK is the bread and butter of Linux gaming) and general newcomer struggles, such as not knowing how to change Locale or run games under different locales (JP for instance).

>It seems like most single player games run
>On linux
Lmao

Anyone had any luck running Jack's game? for me the window just shows up for few seconds and crashes.

i was about to say with a few exceptions like P5 strikers,but happened.
DRG is the fucking best,im getting into it now and it blows me away at how good it is,and im a boomershooter fag.

no

Attached: tuxgrabworld.png (1440x900, 2.59M)

Apex works afaik
they had an oopsie with a patch that got rid of the .so for EAC and then added it back in after

Working on Linux when?

Attached: jack.png (1920x3413, 2.49M)

have you tried Proton GE? it likely has a movie rendering at the start for a logo or some dumb bullshit
Nioh 2 movies got fixed recently in GE and its the same dev

OEM. If Linux wins, it will be in an Android-like form.

The key to beating Windows is OEM deals but good luck outbidding Microsoft.

I left this out since my point was about Strikers, but since it's being brought up
>Nioh 2 videos now work

Has anyone been able to get Stranger of Paradise running?

Yeah, newest version too.

Compatability can still be a bite wonky from time to time. I remember having my compatible games stop working at times when I re-installed my OS. I figure this is just a driver issue, or related to some software quirks, but it's something to keep in mind.
As well, things like fonts can cause problems too. I've had some issues getting Hellsinker to play nice with Linux specifically because of fonts.

>is there any way to stop Linux from snowballing
At this rate linux will be a main desktop os in about 8 centuries

Reminder that Microsoft was always scared of Linux and they literally broke the law to ensure all PC's were prebuilt with Windows by claiming in court that FOSS operating systems were for pirates and criminals who wanted to avoid paying the MS Tax. This illegal resolution was only corrected years after they became a staple in the consumer market. Don't be swayed by proprietary shills, you owe them nothing, your hardware exists to serve you and never the other way around.

Attached: GNU.png (1030x1062, 1.7M)

>by claiming in court that FOSS operating systems were for pirates and criminals who wanted to avoid paying the MS Tax
Source.

U.S. Department of Justice (May 18, 1998) - Trial for Monopology charges and Illegally thwarting competition.