Why does Any Forums hate Elden Ring?

Why does Any Forums hate Elden Ring?

Attached: 1647360750686.png (850x769, 125.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IY7BvV8qsfs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mix of nitpickers and actual gayop to poison the well + make vidya discussion unfun.

Too many reused bosses
Stupid time wasting open world with copy pasted dungeons
Also mounted combat fucking sucks

>he got psyop'd by discordtroons
Pathetic.

Any Forums is more reddit than actual reddit. They absolutely love their same game different title. They eat that shit up like nothing else.

It got popular with normies.

Bosses overflowing with gotcha timings, too many moves with poor or similar visual tells and overall aggression that stops the player from controlling the tempo of a fight at all make the most common builds and playstyles utterly exhausting to run in a series known for its well designed and fair but challenging fights.

They jumped the shark.

these plus half-assed crafting system implemented that doe snothing but get your hopes up for items only to be let down/angry when you get 3 ariala leaves.
I admire the scope of the game but it had no reason to be open world. Should've just been seperate levels, the actual overworld is barren and useless.

fippity bippity
they're trying to wire people's brains

>be super hyped for elden ring
>post that discord screencap whenever trannies try to psyop
>finally the day comes
>oh, the drop attack now needs wind up, that's fine
>oh, you can't roll instantly after falling from height, alright
>oh, the camera speed 10 is like old camera speed 3, whatever, I'll just keep using autolock all the time
>oh, all the dungeons are extremely linear, whatever, the open world makes up for it
>oh, it's again the same cave and same tomb just different layout, whatever, I'll clear them real quick and be on my way
>oh, I already beat that boss, haha, it's fine, I can beat him again
>oh, the item bloat is relentless, but that's fine, I like to collect everything eitherway
>oh, why am I not getting invaded? Oh, it's only for coop, that's fine, I'll use the silly tongue every time I want to get invade
>oh, that's the same boss for the 3rd time, huh
>oh, those are the same mobs over and over again
>oh, this dragon is exactly the same but now he fires red flame instead of a blue flame
>oh, there's no covenants
>oh, I can't be arsed to play this game anymore, I'll take a 4 days break

It's popular

i'm forcing myself to finish it. beat the fire giant and just got to halie's tree or whatever the fuck. God this game goes on too long.

I really tried to love it, I took care, I explored everything and did everything to my best extent. But I just can't, the ashes mechanic, playing a great sword which is fucking shit and basically no multiplayer killed it for me. Im at azula right now and I think I will finally finish it today. I think I did every possible location I could find (i went blind for 1st playthrough no wiki no maps)

I will replay it once the DLC's are out but I won't use any Ashes and use a fast weapon and no ranged attacks. This is the only way I can see myself enjoying this game, too bad I didn't do that from the get go.

Attached: elden.png (1964x432, 223.45K)

>Greatest game of all time
>How could the most contrarian place on Earth dislike it?

But Any Forums love Genshin Impact?

>I just LOVE riding on my horsey and scouring the great grassy fields of nothing for 5 hours looking through every nook and cranny for five (5) mushrooms
>I just heckin love filling out my entire map and doing every single randomly generated catacomb/cave/mine/ruins/hero's grave with the heckin same copy pasted bosses
>I just heckin love fighting the erdtree avatar, and erdtree burial watchdog for the 50th time and the heckin crucible knight for the 20th time and all the godskin apostles and misbegotten warrior and the heckin same generic dragon for the 30th time, IT'S JUST SO HECKIN FUN
>I love it when developers give no single fucks about wasting my time to make a quick buck!!!
>thank you BASED Miyazaki sensei dono!!! Thank you BASED From!!!
>Elden SHIT has truly redefined the open world experience!!! ITS THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME

Attached: 1c6.png (801x1011, 101.89K)

>elden ring is on literally every platform except switch
>why does nintendogaf hate it???

Because it's the worst possible direction From could have taken
The open world adds absolutely nothing, is a detriment to the optimization and fluidity of the experience and lacks Town hubs
Due to the open world requiring content, the lamest bosses need to be recycled because you can't put the main ones
The combat is still stuck in 2016 with 2009 controls. Fucking Code Vein mogs it completely
Jumps are the worst possible thing they could have added, they are just an overglorified way to cheat poise and add nothing in a game with i-frames, there were much better ways to improve it
Poise was fucked up to appease casual DS2tards despite DaS3 having perfectly functional hyperarmor, STR weapons are useless
Scaling, balance, weapon requirements, viable playstyles, number of tools for each build, etc... are all over the place
The optimization is awful, for a game that is 1 generation behind

Attached: Dark Souls 3 but the ending is perfect.jpg (2360x2333, 1.74M)

I guess this is the only thread i can post this in, since there isn't just a normal Elden Ring thread, just dumb shit
>doing Ainsley Harriott river
>find Dragonskin
>die first time, nearly killing it
>warp back to the Stake
>try again
>get it down to needing just one hit
>suddenly none of my hits are connecting despite being pressed up against it
>die
>game doesn't give me any option, boots me back to the bonfire
Seething so hard right now, it's unbelievable. Anyone had any shit like this happen to them?

Attached: +_f3e02d1766d6a10ad2fe06078d850c68.jpg (420x410, 32.78K)

Attached: maliketh-the-black-blade-boss-elden-ring-wiki-guide.jpg (3840x2160, 1.05M)

>Hate
>Constant threads for a month
>People saying to go to /vg/ are COMPLETELY powerless in front of an unironic cultural phenomenon
>Tortanicniggers literally have no room to stand on because it's the best selling objectively

youtube.com/watch?v=IY7BvV8qsfs

Xtremely low quality thread

>some zoomer with superhuman reflexes
calling it by the title alone without even clicking the link

He's just Asian.

because it's good, and people here are contrarian.