Leak: the next Assassin's Creed will return to it's stealth action roots

a new Assassin's Creed that will return to it's stealth action roots in a bustling city will be released before infinity will. It wont be open world or rpg and it wont be a long game either.
Elden Ring's release overshadowed this leak. But everyone agrees it's credible and Jason Schreier was the first to leak it.

The code name for the game is AC Rift. & Development on the game has already started months ago. And they are obviously making this game to fill in the gap until Infinity is released around 2024. Because Valhalla has concluded. However Infinity is still the main focus of Ubisoft while Rift is supposed to be a smaller production So Rift wont include a massive open world like the most recent Assassin's Creed games. Instead the world and the gameplay will be like the original Assassin's Creed games. a stealth action game in an urban environment. So the player's role as an Assassin will take the spot light in this game.

You'll play as Basim who was a side character in Valhalla. The setting will be the city of Baghdad during the islamic golden age. Valhalla takes place roughly around the years 872–878. and Basim in Valhalla states that he met al-Khwarizmi who in real life died in 847. So the game should take place around this time.

here is the Bloomberg article:
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-09/ubisoft-plans-new-assassin-s-creed-game-to-help-fill-schedule

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 12.07.23 PM.png (1656x1348, 1.24M)

Oh boy, the time of year where there's a new """leak""" for the latest generic ubishit open world game.

Attached: 23b01c1e3037bd2e5edf222232869b7c.png (467x433, 226.89K)

Basim deez nuts lmao

Ubisoft Any Forums shilling cycle starting up again? Dawn of Ragnarok flopped that bad, huh?

I thought the whole point of the origins reboot was to break away from the formula

>Ubisoft’s game production has also struggled. The online game Skull & Bones has been delayed several times due to directional challenges, while Beyond Good & Evil 2, the sequel to a fan favorite, remains in pre-production after at least five years of development, according to people who work on that game. A planned remake of Prince of Persia was also delayed indefinitely.

why is this happening? is it their work ethics and company culture?

turns out people hate soulless grindy open world RPG shit in their Ass Creed

Just remember, Prince of Persia died for this generic shite.

read the OP
>they are obviously making this game to fill in the gap until Infinity is released around 2024. Because Valhalla has concluded. However Infinity is still the main focus of Ubisoft while Rift is supposed to be a smaller production. So Rift wont include a massive open world like the most recent Assassin's Creed games. Instead the world and the gameplay will be like the original Assassin's Creed games. a stealth action game in an urban environment.

>mudshits again
not only can they not escape the game formula but they're reusing this setting for the xth time

Attached: 1597105664048.jpg (423x361, 38.32K)

>islamic golden age
based

Attached: 1647045365509.webm (720x1280, 1.75M)

>Islamic golden age
>Not making bombs and blowing themselves up

It was never "stealth".

I swear AC games were always shit. They had okay features in the first msybe 3 games but then it was just bloat more bloat and they never stopped.

I feel sorry for the people that model architecture in these games since they honestly look amazing, but it's buried under shitty gameplay and horrible story.

Series took until Unity to effectively have a dedicated stealth button. That should tell you everything.

only the first Assassin's Creed game and Origins had middle eastern settings. meanwhile there are 3 AC games set in Italy alone. the majority of those games are set in north america and western europe

Why should I give a shit what a public company produces? They're gonna hamfist it with everything I dislike anyways

Attached: claire.jpg (320x481, 39.05K)

I see you've memory holed Revelations.

Attached: assassins-creed-revelations-heroBanner.jpg (1920x1080, 215.12K)

>setting will be the city of Baghdad during the islamic golden age.
It's coming home Muslim bros

Was it that bad?
T. Only played 1 and 2

>turkey
>europe
no, ahmet. no.

>what are the Balkans
Constantinople/Istanbul is in (southeast) europe

How did he come to the real world? Is he an AI or an incubi baby from the Asgardians?

He's loki or some shit

a year ago there were rumors that AC Infinity will have 3 cities on release: the 3 capitals of the islamic gunpowder empires. But that rumor seems to be a false. Because the current (seemingly credible) rumor is that AC Infinity's first setting on release will be medieval China.

Attached: Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 5.01.04 PM.png (1324x932, 1.68M)

I can't believe they still havn't done a Prince of Persia X AssCreed game set in ancient Persia, some cool history and architecture and fits in well with ancient Greece and Egypt

I can't help but think the story of AC is terrible. it's like the story teller keeps going with AND THEN THIS HAPPEN BUT THEN THAT HAPPENED AND THEN IT TURNS HE WAS ACTUALLY THAT AND THEN AND THEN AND THEN

the narrative team is retarded. AC could've been a classic series if it was trilogy focused on the Assassins vs Templers storyline. with sci-fi elements that relate to the machine that access memories or whatever. I wonder what was the original intended direction to the story. sadly we will probably never know.