Man, I'd like to install Linux but my favorite game doesn't run on my toaster

Man, I'd like to install Linux but my favorite game doesn't run on my toaster.

Attached: PCLinux.jpg (600x400, 22.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

protondb.com/app/1449850
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why would linux make it worse? what game?

It probably runs better though Wine than on Windows.

Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel

depending on what it is, and the difference in your hardware vs the game, linux might work. It has less overhead running and you only really install what you need.

why does steam always validate my games every time i restart my pc?

protondb.com/app/1449850
rated platinum on protondb, in some cases games will run better on linux than on windows

I know, I tried with all versions of proton, even with proton-ge, but the game goes 2 frames and can't connect to the server for some reason, I had hope with proton 7.0, but there is no difference.

are you using a virtual machine?

>Man, I'd like to install Linux but my favorite game doesn't run on my toaster.
I don't understand your post. When you say "it doesn't run on [your] toaster", do you mean your PC isn't good enough to run it at all? (If so, what does that have to do with installing Linux?) Or do you mean your PC, despite being good enough to run the game on Windows, somehow isn't good enough to run it on Linux? (How would you know that if you haven't installed Linux yet?)

Holy shit I'll fucking LOL if the answer to
>How would you know that if you haven't installed Linux yet?
turns out to be
>virtual machine

Did you try 6.3-8 then? I had to force that and it worked.

No, Clean Install of linux on a SSD, I create a image of windows to come back when I finish doing all the tests.
The game runs smoothly on Windows.
I have tested all the versions listed on Steam.

what are your specs? did you install any drivers?

AMD A8 7600 Radeon R7 and 12Gb of Ram, it's really a toaster. I don't play many games, only indies and Yu-Gi-Oh. I was told that Linux already has AMD drivers integrated.

can't wait for fedora 36

Maybe it doesn't support Vulkan

holy shit nigga you werent kidding, Im surprised you can run that shit on windows, and what distro are you using? depending on what it is it might have some shit like "driver manager" where you can update the drivers without much work

Attached: 1639831694762.jpg (450x302, 22.54K)

I want to install linux but i have nvidia

>AMD A8 7600
I'm not an expert in hardware from 2014, but I looked it up, and it appears to have integrated graphics. You might want to try confirming, when you run Linux on your machine, it's actually using your Radeon R7 instead of the AMD A8 7600's build-in graphics chip.

I couldn't tell you how to confirm that Linux is using the right graphics, or how to fix it if that turns out to be the problem, but I'm sure it's very possible. I just don't memorize shit like that. If you really want to use Linux, then I encourage you to look into that. It seems like a plausible explanation for the extreme difference in performance.

Nvidia cards work fine on Linux. Just avoid using Wayland and use the proprietary driver and you shouldn't have any issues.