Are you fulfilling your duty to the Emperor? The heretics don't care if it's weekend or not!

Are you fulfilling your duty to the Emperor? The heretics don't care if it's weekend or not!

Attached: smarine.jpg (1024x768, 122.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0tDpoLXD3Js
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is 40k fun to get into? it looks really interesting

Attached: 1617774344185.jpg (680x451, 21.31K)

the wargame? If you can afford 3d printing $500 of figures every 6 months it is ok

you have selected to get interested while it is on the downward course.
with how it is getting more popular in other media it is going to go to shit in the tabletop faster than ever, because the publisher whores it out to everyone and chases EVERY trend, at the cost of the IP, and the game.

Never cared about playing with the figures, I just like the warhammer themed vidya. It's a good setting with nice art-style.

It was, but it's been getting worse
The rules for tabletop are so clearly garnering towards necrons and primaris that every other faction is near enough castrated barring the 'sometimes' codex updates that get nerfed next update anyway.
The games, get space marine, dawn of war and you've played the two games actually worth playing.
Lore is going down the shitter
The books are going down the shitter
Space marine 2's writer is full blown acab style tranny. Just someone who had slight mental disorder would have been fine but we don't have that, we have Acab tranny.
dawn of war 3 sucked ass
first born marines are being killed off for primaris which literally are quoted as being 'ultramarines in different colors', so the poster faction is now just one sub group.
GW fucked over EVERY fan animation that didn't want to sign up to it's premium steaming service.

40k had a soul once, then GW sold it to tzeentch for 15 bucks and a coupon for arby's.

So, is 40k fun to get into? no, not anymore, and it hurts me everyday seeing what this series is becoming.

Heresy before the machine god to leave out mechanicus!

Attached: machinegod.jpg (3840x2284, 3.12M)

The setting's fun, some of the games are fun, the wargame itself is overly expensive and not very fun to play. There are a ton of better wargames to play, though they don't have a setting as cool as 40k

They don't suck at the moment, and I hope they never will

Depends on how you like slow games. Price isn't an issue thanks to Tabletop Simulator, but it can easily take up to 3 hours per match, so if you want to play the game, it's more about whether you can get your dick hard from strategizing rather than just finding the setting cool.

Plus nowadays, 40k is just such a behemoth of an IP that worrying about being a secondary is pretty much a non-issue, especially since people actually kinda wear the fact that they are one as a badge of honor. Hell, you could play the wargame and you're still basically a secondary in a lot of people's eyes, due to how much of the tone, gameplay, and general experience has shifted since ye olden days. It makes it so if you're just interested in the setting, there's no reason to actually get into the wargame. Just play the video games or read the books or whatever.

Writing mydudes lore and kitbashing is fun but I haven't played a game in two years

Attached: apophiskt.jpg (912x684, 201.82K)

Looks like the average gay pride parade.

>The rules for tabletop are so clearly garnering towards necrons and primaris
I thought it was Custodes and Tau now?

>GW fucked over EVERY fan animation that didn't want to sign up to it's premium steaming service
oh, so thats what happened to astartes.

it's on their Warhammer+, can watch it for free, but it's not the same..
like literally, they reworked the audio, it doesn't fit anymore

I see.
I downloaded the originals, but only in 1080p because I didn't know about -f best youtube-dl command.
Still raw about not getting the 4k's.

Actually just checked and turns out I only got 1280x760 versions lul.
Even more raw now.

Maybe yes

I've been listening to the Horus Heresy audiobooks and it's pretty fun and I'm looking forward to and hoping that Darktide is good, despite the guaranteed jank.
I have no idea how or why people are so into this setting via miniatures and tabletop when it's so insanely expensive just to participate.
I can understand the desire for making/decorating figures and have them on display but I'm certain there's far better options available to express such desires, such as making small wooden figures.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I rarely see games or anything besides the books that takes place during the Horus Heresy, why is that?

>lore lets and a secondary

Attached: 1635441468102.png (1338x1161, 819.44K)

yeah, it's fun but there are a few things to know first.

>1. gw put the price up on nearly all minins so there is a bit price right now
>2. the hobby can be overwhelming if jumped right into, painting assembling,e.g thought that's part of the fun
>3. rules for factions are up and down. some right now are op others trash until they get thier own rule update.

your better of playing the games reading books, watching youtube for now until you decide to actually get into the tale top side of the hobby

I want to get into the novels but don't know where to start, what are some good novels and authors you guys would recommend?

Looking forward to the sequel to that Spacemarine game.

what factions do you want to read about?

>best authors are, Dan Abnett, guy Haley, steve lyons, arron-desmki-bowden

Attached: 1555181917313.jpg (471x822, 44.16K)

I'm ready for my emperor. Prince and Emperor.

Attached: his smile.jpg (280x250, 15.41K)

>youtube.com/watch?v=0tDpoLXD3Js
How about listening to some organ-doomstep while eradicating heresy from the universe?