Game of The Decade

How can From Software get away with releasing an unfinished game and not a single "critic" has the balls to point it out? They literally released this game with unfinished quests and only fixed it a MONTH LATER with the recent patch. How is this acceptable? Alexander's quest line. Fort Haight quest line. That barbarian girl quest line. None of these had a resolution up until a few days when From Software finally bothered to fix it. Alexander is even featured in loading screens and has an extensive quest line, but they didn't even bothered to do it properly up until now. He would drop his innards, but the item had no use because the NPC you were supposed give them to didn't even exist. How do they get away with that shit?

Attached: alexander_npc_elden_ring_wiki_guide_300px.jpg (300x169, 8.09K)

Because

>they only were able to play the game for a limited time - not a great excuse since it’s literally their job
>the reviewers are usually big fans of the dev team and are biased towards their games
>the reviewers didn’t have the ability to look up the cryptic quests to realize they are unfinished instead of just something they couldn’t naturally find the end to
>reviewers are highly incentivized to give games, especially big releases, a higher score to continue getting early review codes
>reviewers are retarded

One, many, or all of these are the case depending on the reviewer

who cares about some pussy little jar boy. I'm going to kill him as soon as I see him

No one cares.

Go back to your discord server

I care because when I'm playing a game and I find out that a quest has no resolution I wonder what else is left unfinished or should I even bother doing other quests. It ruins the experience

Other devs wouldn't be able to get away with shit that From Software does, but I guess beggars can't be choosers

>140+ hour game is "unfinished" bc 3 NPCs out of like 20 didn't have a resolution to their quest
>DS1 literally has an entire area full of half modelled enemies STILL
Calm down

Dark Souls was always criticized for being unfinished because they supposedly had budget problems so Elden Ring shouldn't have these problems. I'm especially thinking about Alexander's quest. How hard was it to add that NPC? I've spent considerable time looking for a place to use those innards only to find out From Software just left them in the game for no reason. Now it's irrelevant because I have already beaten the game. Lame. My point is again is that other devs wouldn't be able to get away with that shit without someone pointing it out

Who gives a shit about some minor NPC's questlines. The real stinker is the performance. It's been a month and the game still runs like ass with frequent crashes for many people.

Its fine when Fromcultists do it

No you're not playing the game, stop lying. Go back to your discord server.

all games, every single one, are "unfinished"

Because it's open world.
BotW also got praise all around despite being an empty tech demo with shitty minigames.

because even 'unfinished' it has 5 times the content of any other AAA westoid game with no GaaS or micro shit
suck my dick, Westoid

They did it to fuck with pirates.

Not only did they patch the game a month later with the stripped out content, but you need to start a new save file to even get it. The droning for From Software is absolutely off the fucking charts, only comparable to Pokefags.

>but you need to start a new save file to even get it.
Fuck, please tell me you're joking

>not a single "critic" has the balls to point it out
because of something you can see on this board
voicing any complaint about the game, no matter if it's related to gameplay or not, will be met with a chorus of "filtered" and "git gud", as if being good at the game will make cut content magically manifest itself

To be fair, it's hard to know a quest is actually unfinished and not obstuse as fuck until the game has released and people can discuss their experiences.

Deranged psycho

Fromsoftware is a company catered for insecure zoomers and manchildren that get validation from beating a game.
Which is why le hardness becomes the brand of the game.
And if the game sucks it gets a pass because its fromsoftare and is probably "le inteded dificulty"

When people says its a cult they are not joking, its like if someone stabs you in the hand and says "oopsie, anyway is probably gods plan, so you cant report this to police"

Every single person complained about the unfinished shit, bugs and performance.
A great but flawed game is still massively better than a bland and mediocre but safe game.
>But how can they give the game 10/10 if there's such significant flaws?!
You should have learned a long fucking time ago to not pay any attention to review numbers. Reviews in general really. The literal only reason they exist is because there's a common wiring glitch in the human brain that makes them pay attention to shit like that, so they get more traffic.

This, they get so drowned in this challenge meme that they can even shill for cut content.

I saw a guy literally justifiying nepheli CUT questline as it was just a cryptic questline with cryptic triggers and it was the error of players not being able to finish it lmao

You realize pirates can have both versions under their hands if they wished so.

Pretty much.
When they attempt a game that actually requires you to play the game properly to overcome its difficulty they just blame it on the game and dismiss it as bad design.

Attached: fromdrones.jpg (1889x1224, 510.54K)

Yep, Elden Ring made it so apparent. The worst thing is most of the new comers to Souls game are now repeating the same notion that ER is a masterpiece since they are dumb normalfags that don’t have any experience with the other games from From to realize how uninspired and streamlined ER is.

Ignore critics and From drones.
Normal people can both praise the game for the quality aspects it brings to the table as well as criticize them for fucking up quests related to roughly 9 or 10 npcs and the repeating reused aspects.

>nioh
I don’t even like ER that much but please don’t kid yourself with Nioh.

I just don't understand, out of all the modern games released these days, why From Software would draw your ire. Because journos liked it? Who gives a fuck what they think?
Out of all the devs out there they're pretty much the only ones who want to ship a completely original experience, even if the gameplay is similar, they'll expand on the scope of their engine to significantly widen your options and place you in a handcrafted world that at least tries to be surprising.
Sure you fags probably have a thousand loli JPRG games you pretend are the pinnacle of gaming, but compared to the fucking spastic chibi-like tranny indie games, the redundant Ubisoft garbage, little iteration in the strategy space, and absolutely nothing happening in shooters.

No one who actually plays those games thinks they're hard or some point of pride to beat. That's a retarded seething opinion from weak trannies. When you get used to Souls, it remains interesting to play. You don't kvetch over the difficulty anymore than you'd be impressed by its graphics.

Eternally seethe, fags.

Did it filter you as well?