Best Game i Have Ever Played...EVER

This is without a doubt the absolute best game i played in such a long time, the story is utterly amazing, the characters the environment...

just wow....

you guys really should play this, literal top notch.

storyline is summed up with, you have a car accident and get brain surgery, you black out and appear in an underwater facility in the future after earth has been nuked and the land is uninhabitable.

Ill let the story go from there

Attached: Soma_Game_Art.png (280x325, 154.81K)

Stop enjoying stuff

Yep, Elden Ring is pretty good.

this game is mid af no cap

Attached: 1634503888979.jpg (1242x1590, 569.2K)

the music.....the voice acting...

HOLY FUCK its all 10 OUT OF FUCKING 10

Ok user but what about the coinflip, is it real?
of course not, and anybody who does think so is a gullible retard ready to be manipulated by Catherine

i think the coinflip is definitely real and it makes sense one of you wins, good to see an user who has played this masterpiece.

>middle of the game
>we can't transfer, we can just copy
>oh, ok
>endgame
>WTF we can't transfer, we can just copy!!!!

>gameplay
avoiding monster chasing you gets old very fast.
>story
it's ok, ending is very predictable.

Wish I'd stopped playing after the first 15-30 minutes when everything is still spooky and you don't really know anything about the place.
see you literal retard

haha nah i love it

storyline was amazing, ending was amazing hardly predictable until you are sitting down towards the end.

i will now defend this games honor until thy death.

>game
it was basically a movie.
Still Frictional's magnum opus evolved their from Penumbra demos; all the important people left after they finished it.

Not really much of a game, especially considering it added that Safe Mode to just experience the story, and people had little qualms about it because it was already basically just a walking sim in a pretty dress. Still, I gotta agree: it was a pretty cool story. Threadly reminder that the WAU was the best hope for human life to continue in whatever twisted form it could.

I bought this on sale in October but never installed it

Call me cynical but it looks like they didn't understand the subject matter at all. I don't know what substance you have be under to think there's point to anything, especially after the relevation of the state of world and "Simon's" being. I get what they were trying to do but I can't if they overthought some aspects or didn't think too hard but the execution was weird.

Why didn't he just get on the arc?

He did

It's one of those games where I found the world itself more interesting than the game itself. I wanted to see what was left of Earth

Any Forums adores this game but I don't get why
It's just a walking sim. the game has almost no real puzzles and the stealth and chase sequences are braindead and basic shit

Alien Isolation came out the same year and did everything better
Yes I know people like the story and all that shit but the gameplay was so boring and shit I could never care

Attached: tumblr_1e08aa1320c3c8fc6e4a72c149925fee_d6908b18_2048.jpg (1316x1001, 163.45K)

So you've finally done it, huh? Finally decided to break that glass ceiling placed on women by their male contemplates? You go girl! Yaaaaas queen slaaaay!!! Video games cannot and must not be a boys club any longer. Have you heard of Zoe Quinn and Brianna Wu? If not I suggest you familiarize yourself with the top women in the space. Oh, and I cannot forget Queen Anita Sqrsneedizan. Remember girl, don't let no man hold you back. You invade their space, and hold them accountable for keeping you out of their safe space. Get em, girl!

>walking simulator with pace wrecking monster segments thrown in haphazardly
It's a pretty terrible game honestly, I'd have rather it be a straight walking simulator tbqhf. The only "gameplay" section I thought was good was the bit in the abyss, but that's only because I find deep ocean shit absolutely terrifying and that's the only part that really exploits it.

I preferred Amnesia TDD

>the story is utterly amazing,
Really?
I liked the setting and stuff, but the story was really predictable after a point.

The gameplay has been progressively more fucked in the Frictional games. In Penumbra, you die and you have to restart from a checkpoint and try to do better. In Dark Descent, you die and restart from a checkpoint and the monster that killed you is gone so you lost some progress. In SOMA, you die, and you restart in the spot where you died and the monster that killed you is gone, aka. zero consequences to dying and all tension destroyed. In Rebirth, you die, and you restart in a checkpoint AFTER the fucking monster section because the game thinks that you suck too badly to try again.

Personally I’m cool with walking sims. If the world is good enough, I’m down with just walking around in it. Plus, I do see the game as less of a walking sim and more of an adventure game in he vein of classic point and clicks. Frictionals puzzles tend to be easy, but also kinda enjoyable imo. I like simple puzzles.
The horror aspect was pretty weak, so if you were going in wanting a good horror, (seeing as it was promoted as such) then I can understand not liking it. Honestly, Frictional seems to really want to make adventure games, but don’t have the guts to cut out the horror elements entirely. Amnesia Rebirth suffered from this as well. It straight up becomes a better game when you play on safe mode, same with Soma.

The point was humanity coming to terms with how they could continue on in the face of irrecoverable extinction. Both the Ark and the WAU provide ways to continue on the minds of the species, but one pretty much severs the link as to create perfect mental copies, whereas the other truly continues the species in something so inhuman it drives those minds to insanity. Simon is just a vehicle for forcing players into the debate, lulling him and the player into thinking the AIs are continuations, only to show that Catherine's method is still extinction of the original humans and their minds.

That being said, what the fuck do you mean by
>they didn't understand the subject matter at all

It wasn't predictable for me, because I could never have imagined that the main character could be so retarded as to not understand a simple concept no matter how many times it's explained. I was surprised time and time again as Simon held onto a falsehood that someone had already debunked to him.
I was also surprised because the game broke its own rules and showed the second-to-last Simon in the abyss, when the entire game until that point had been from the perspective of the copy, not its archetype.
If that abyss segment after the launch didn't exist, the story would be internally consistent. The collective memories held by the last Simon. He remembers his life in Canada until the copying, the memories of the copy until the next one, the memories of that one until the next one, and the memories of the last one until now. Logically he can't experience what happens on the bottom after the launch. But the developers insisted on leaving that part in for shock value. And it doesn't even support the coin flip then because you do end up seeing the Ark as well. You should only ever see one or the other, not both.

Honestly, I really dislike Frictional as a developer. The whole "you can't be scared if you're frustrated due to difficulty" is just the dumbest crap I've ever heard. I understand to a degree that if you're replaying a section over and over it will become less scary, but solving it by making enemies a total non-threat is stupid as hell. About halfway through Amnesia I realised getting caught by an enemy meant basically nothing, and they just stopped being scary at all.