Music is extremely repetitive with only two songs for dungeons

>Music is extremely repetitive with only two songs for dungeons
>Dungeons are so boring and samey that BOTW's shrines are more interesting
>Ice floors
>Filled with vague bullshit you would never figure out on your own so kids would be forced to by Nintendo Power
>Combat and hitboxes are janky as fuck
>No memorable characters, just generic maidens
>Numerous situations where you have no choice but to take multiple hearts of damage
Fuck all boomers who worship this game.

Attached: The_Legend_of_Zelda_A_Link_to_the_Past_SNES_Game_Cover.jpg (369x270, 160.25K)

>Filled with vague bullshit you would never figure out on your own so kids would be forced to by Nintendo Power
As someone who played this for the first time recently and completed it 100% without a guide this is total bullshit, the only part I'd say was egregious was the giant bomb at the end that you need for the Silver Arrows, since there's no indication that it becomes available after you complete the last dungeon.

Attached: paino.png (270x299, 111.96K)

lol

>>Dungeons are so boring and samey that BOTW's shrines are more interesting
LttP's dungeons at least have different visuals

Speaking of overrated boomer games

Attached: 13083A5B-76A5-40BE-BD45-AED87FA2F4A9.jpg (400x300, 150.94K)

Everything you said is true and yet its still better than Link's Awakening.

>Numerous situations where you have no choice but to take multiple hearts of damage
literally where?

its just nothing ammo that the filtered use to hate with. and giant bomb use was kind of a gimmie seeing as regular bombs didnt work on ganons pyramid holes

The only thing I agree on is the lack of characters. This hyrule feels fucking empty. LA did a much better job despite being on such a limited system.

>not enjoying the 49 seconds of Dank Dungeon glory on infinite loop

I was almost able to complete it 100% without a guide but the cape in the graveyard filtered me since no other grave needs to be run into like that and the hitbox is less lenient than I would've liked.

The only one I can think of is getting one of the canes with the Magic Cape over the spiked floor, you don't get enough magic to make the trip back so you just have to eat the damage.
Eh true but if you go to the shop before beating level 7 the guy just has regular bombs so I kinda just assumed that's the only thing he was there for.

>all these flaws
>still one of the greatest games of all time
How did they do it?

The hint for that is that in the dark world, there's a pile of rocks there that shatters when you dash into it.

Not OP but one instance I can think of is getting the Cane of Byrna which has a long corridor of floor spikes you must walk over to get to the chest, its kind of a troll though because of the Cane makes you invincible, so you take a bunch of damage and are rewarded with invincibility on the way back out, but even then you could just use the Magic Cape to avoid the damage but you can get the Cane much earlier

>Music is extremely repetitive with only two songs for dungeons
Agree but it had a couple of OK tracks
>Dungeons are so boring and samey that BOTW's shrines are more interesting
Yep once you have seen one LttP dungeon you have seen em all
>Ice floors
ice floors in this game were soulful
It was much better than previous titles and hardly Nintendo Power tier
>Combat and hitboxes are janky as fuck
true
>No memorable characters, just generic maidens
true, wish they had done more with Agonimh
wtf are you talking about

You could bring a green/blue potion or just save and quit out.

There is a hint about this, in the dark world instead of a grave its a pile of rocks which you have been ramming into since the 2nd dungeon.

>it's a zoomers getting filtered episode

Attached: 1516323742697.png (484x458, 226.59K)

The gamefeel sucks compared to the previous two games in the series and the world isn't any fun to traverse.

Well disregarding the fact that I think having to save and quit to exploit the way the game loads you back in to get out of a sticky situation isn't exactly ideal design, you WOULD need to know that there's no magic restocks at the end of the cave for you to bring a potion, which would be impossible on a first playthrough.

that's pretty cool, I guess I didn't make the connection. I do remember trying running into it from the bottom but I guess I must have been too much to its left or right so it didn't trigger.

filtered reaaally hard

Attached: 1627070200988.png (666x657, 324.37K)

the only thing I really dislike about the game is how floaty link feels in this one. Like when fighting that dumbass worm boss and getting knocked off resets the fight wtf, that was the peak silliness.

The entrance to the Thieves Hideout really stumped me for the longest time
>See iron bars
>Look for a switch to open the door, no switch
>Use a bomb, nothing
>Use my sword, nothing
>Use my hammer, nothing
>Use every other item I have, nothing works
>Turns out you have to grab onto the bars and pull them apart
>The game never tells you this is a thing you can do, nor does it ever require you do this at any other point to progress
>Only ever used to reveal secret rupees
Did anyone else get stuck up on this shit?

Nostalgia

Attached: HighQualityBabyPatrick.jpg (1200x1200, 113.38K)