Honestly, is there a worst AAA developer?

Honestly, is there a worst AAA developer?
Naughty Dog has it's issues but delivered a technologically impressive TLOU2 even if you don't like the story.
Rockstar have only put out 2 games in the past 9 years so it's hard to track a decline, but much like ND they have obvious technical leg worth proving hard work.
Bungie themselves notoriously deleted their own content, but changed the industry with Destiny and are still highly regarded in looter/shooter mmo-lite+live service title.
Blizzard is shit but they're only really gone downhill significantly within the past 4 to 5 years as opposed to constantly over 11 years.

Every single other developer I can think of within the AAA realm I can at least see some upside to their output, but I genuinely believe 343 might be the single worst AAA developer.

Attached: 343-logo.png (1200x630, 6.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c_6kgv3XwH0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's what happens when your entire work force is pajeet contractors and diversity hires. Microsoft really ought to consider restructuring them after how disastrous all of their releases have been.

Bioware

If we stick with the timeline of how long 343s been in operation then yeah you could totally make the argument, they do seemingly have almost 10 years worth of disappointment depending who you ask.
>Dragon Age 2
>SWTOR
>Mass Effect 3
>DA:I
>ME:A
>Anthem

How do they make it look so easy?

Attached: 343 except good.jpg (1200x900, 48.35K)

All they did was put out 3 mediocre games over the span of like 10 years, and keep in mind that the IP they inherited was one of the most cherished back in the 2000s that was made by a very unique AAA dev so almost any developer would have produced a decline. They suck, but I can't really blame them.

Modern Bungie is honestly worse, if we're going by principles. Even if 343's Halo is mediocre, it's not the outright slap in the face that is Destiny.

>another studio formed to continue an xbox exclusive franchise specifically
>probably still uses contractors
>probably has to deal with Microsoft in a similar fashion
>has made 1 great remake and 2 solid entries compared to 343's 1 non functional collection, 3 shit games, and a tv show that spent 11 years in development that looks shit.
Why couldn't Halo bros get The Coalition instead?

both 343 and bungie cant be 100% to blame here. you have to take into account all the well documented publisher meddling going on. microsoft and activision micromanaged to hell these devs. same for EA sabotaging bioware. its the studios that have almost full control like bethesda did before the buyout that put them amongst the worst AAA

The thing is, no matter what dev you compare 343 to, no one has delivered more undercooked, buggy games. 343 is unmatched in that.

bethesda

When something is wrong, leadership should take the fall. I think I can only recall Bonnie Ross owning up to MCC once? Ever? She should have been axed before Halo 5 even arrived. Microsoft is unwilling to be critical of their own studios.

people at least like bethesda games.

They use UE4 and are pretty good at it, I heard they are banking on pushing UE5 to its full potential. They also probably have better management people than 343.

It really isn't fair to Halo bros but as a Gears fan I'm pretty fucking happy about how things turned out. It really does show that something about 343 is just exceptionally retarded though.

>When something is wrong, leadership should take the fall
agreed, EA/Microsoft/Activision are the leadership here, they are the ones interfering with the devs, so they take the blame

343 is genuinely the worst developer ever. I am not being hyperbolic

youtube.com/watch?v=c_6kgv3XwH0

They use Unreal Engine which is documented well and is scaled for modern systems. The engine that 343 uses called Blam! is old, fucking archaic, broken spaghetti shit that has no documentation
I sort of have sympathy for them but then I remember that they had three years to fix it with Halo 5 and an addition SIX FUCKING YEARS (the longest Halo dev time ever) and still haven't properly fixed the engine for Infinite. Not to mention they have access to top Microsoft/Xbox studio programmers with a near limitless budget

343 is truly incompetent

Attached: 1603921003782.gif (500x281, 427.56K)

fallout 4 and fallout 76 are absolute garbage, and that is directly bethesdas studios own fault. the bethesda published games, from id/arkane etc are what get praised.

>so they take the blame
I don’t own an xbox so I’m not being some loyalist dickhead but in Microsoft’s case I can understand 343/Halo not being their top priority from 2013-2020, 2014 especially, given they were trying
to salvage what they could with the Xbox One and get ready for a better console.

I thought the Infinite campaign was pretty fun. I kind of petered out on it though. Maybe I should hop back in and finish it up. The online is shit but I'll still hop on occasionally to have fun with some bros and to make oinking noises into the mic to piss off the pay-piggies on my team.

Those companies all make garbage game, holy shit.
What the hell happened to video games?

This reminds me of when I tried Halo Infinite multiplayer.

I admit the gameplay might be good, but the entire UX & UI was so braindead god awful that I deleted the whole thing after just 1.5 hours. Tried to play with friends, somehow the experience was even worse. Whoever designed the main menu needs to be shot.

Never played campaign. Probably fun, but there is some clear disconnect in the thinking of the devs.