This was the greatest game ever made

This was the greatest game ever made.

Attached: 784838.jpg (1490x1478, 394.8K)

pisses me off they made PSO2 NGS instead of an actual fucking PSO game

I blame this game for destroying my original Dreamcast as unlike the first game the data optimization for V2 was horrible and the laser was constantly seeking the entire time you were playing.

some people actually bricked their dreamcasts playing this game. the online mode can sometimes corrupt your dreamcasts ram that persists even when rebooting the console. you have to unplug the system for a minute to discharge the ram.

wait it was on the fucking dreamcast?
how was the online??

Yes it was. Ephinea meet up when?

>play RAmar
>Name I pick gives me WhiteHill symbol
>Had no idea it affects drops
>Is the absolute worst Symbol for Rangers
>Never see any shotgun type weapons not even none rares ever

Attached: 1587412698980.jpg (550x550, 78.44K)

I still play it online with my wii.

GameCube version was actually. But based, ngl

PSU was better. I did like it though.
The xbox version was the best one.
Don't remind me.

WAS SURPRISINGLY GOOD FOR 56K

Attached: 1579131009515.gif (480x368, 1.78M)

I let myself get hype for PSO2NG. I'm a fucking idiot.
I thought it would be like old PSO. I thought I would find a comfy spot out in the world and grind to podcasts and occasionally group up for world stuff.
How fucking DUMB am I

Attached: big.jpg (2560x1440, 1.45M)

Not dumb, I think we're all chasing that dream even if slim. I personally want the simplicity of pso/psu. I don't need devil may cry combat. I just want to talk on the 4th floor and grind levels/skills.

I downloaded pso2
>overly complicated menus
>no spells or weapon skills to level up, you just find them
>clothing looked terrible
>weapons looked terrible, especially anything above A ranks
>the hub world is fucking horrible and impossible to navigate
>the combat is the typical f2p chinese over the top action shit where you launch someone into the air and ninja gaiden combo them
I deleted it within an hour off my xbox.

The worst part was the community. Early JP Pso2 was so comfy and then the NA tryhards decided to rub their oily sweat all over multi party areas and destroy any fun.

It really was. Played it every day as a teenager on Gamecube, still play here and there on Ephinea to this day.

How old are you?

its pretty based. I was playing on a private server called sylverant on my actual dreamcast a couple years ago. its pretty neat. its probably dead as shit now but basically you use a raspberry pi and and usb external modem to emulate a 56k connection. you gotta induce voltage into the phoneline though. I just used a 10v usb transformer for voltage, its based. pic related its my pi and voltage inducer.

Attached: voltage inducer.png (800x436, 562.61K)

Sometimes I feel Any Forums overrates PSO and sees it with nostalgia googles a bit too much. But then again, I love it too.
And on a hot take, I think PSO2 was almost as good, just ignore the cringe from Ep4 and Ep5.
I also played PS0 with my bros on the DS and I played PSU on PC but never got online.
NGS does feel like a souless disappointment though.

>got stuck with Redria

I never saw any real rares my entire time playing V1 and V2.

We had 56k phone line internet on the dreamcast, it even had a web browser cd for using internet.

Not the greatest, but this game is definitely in my 3 x 3.

>overly complicated menus
you sound like one of those western devs shitting themselves over elden ring lmao