Fromsoft fans are actually deranged

>Fromsoft adds a perfectly reasonable and much needed QOL feature
>Fromsoft fans: NOOOOOO MIAZAKIS VISION IS RUUUIIIINNNED!!!!!!!!
Why are fromsoft fans like this? If you think that this of all things is gonna ruin Elden Ring then you should actually start taking meds.

Attached: least deranged fromsoft fan.jpg (320x276, 28.91K)

Why don't you have this conversation with the person who made the post instead of bringing it here?

Because I think that there is a discussion to be had about this. It seems like Fromsoft fans will lash out at anyone giving their games even the smallest bit of criticism, no matter how valid.

Haven't heard anyone use scrubs in a while

They're extremely attached because the series got as far as it has mainly on cheap psychological tricks like artificial difficulty providing a fake sense of accomplishment that doesn't translate into any actual skill or vague mediocre lore that lets people project their own meaning into, making it a part of their identity.

Not everyone. Terrible misconception. I'm just having fun playing a game I think is fun. Why does everything have to be so horrible for everyone? Why can't people just have fun?

Very well put.

/thread

Holy shit were you retards born yesterday, how do you not realize this facebook post is clearly a joke?

NPC markers is bad design.

>casualizes Souls when they add absolution
fine
>casualizes Souls when they remove item burden
fine
>casualizes Souls when they add respecs
fine
>casualizes Souls when they made every boss drop a bonfire
fine
>casualizes Souls when they let you move and drink Estus
fine
>casualizes Souls when they double then triple the amount of bonfires
fine
>casualizes Souls by adding Stakes of Marika next to boss arena
fine
>casualizes Souls by adding NPC markers on the map
THATS JUST A STEP TOO DAMN FAR.

Some of these points are stupid but overall the message stands

This seems to be true, it doesn't matter how large or small the criticisms are, from lack of depth in the game, to reused animations to whatever else.
It seems like whenever there's any criticism levelled at a souls game, a significant portion of the fanbase consider it either shitposting or an attack on their identity.
In other series, people criticise aspects they don't like (however valid or invalid), and then the developer considers the criticism and makes educated changes for the next title or in updates.
Why can't that be the case for souls too?

Honestly I don't really care about NPC markers because I was already using the marker system to indicate where they were. But I prefer the update mostly because after 60+ hours of exploring, it's hard to distinguish which marker is which for NPCs. Having them named is better.

Item burden removal was a mistake and I will always hate how they removed it.

He's criticizing the game though

Not him but you're retarded if you think there aren't people on Any Forums that don't genuinely think this way. During release one of things people kept saying completely unironically was "HOLY SHIT FROMSOFT IS SAVING THE OPEN WORLD GENRE! OPEN WORLD WITH NO QUEST MARKERS HAS MADE THIS THE MOST IMMERSIVE GAME IN THE GENRE!!"

>It seems like Fromsoft fans will lash out at anyone giving their games even the smallest bit of criticism, no matter how valid.
the amount of butthurt fromdrones go through when someone says it's stupid to not have a pause button is proof of this

Does anyone know where to download the 1.03 patch? I have the game pirated :)

I was going to ask how do people find NPC and if they move then what the fuck are you supposed to do, so before there was no clue and now you can see all of them where they are no problem?

Stop making normalfag social media screencaps you people need to be smited. FUCK. STOP TWITTER SCREENCAPING EVERYTHING FOR FUCKS SAKE

What exactly is the difference between having an NPC marked on the map, and marking an NPC on the map?

Pause buttons in souls games are stupid and go against it's fundamental design

If anything ruined these games it was making poise useless.

It's the idea of a slippery slope. Which is understandable.

Ubisoft Bootlickers: Tha thread

did the unsheathe skill get nerfed on the 1gb patch? i feel like the wind up is way slower now

He's right. The game is all about exploration. Giving in to the (((western twitter journalists))) who just want to mindlessly follow marks on the map isn't a good sign. Seeing more and more japanese companies bowing down to the west is deppressing.

>Hates shooters
>Hates any shooter that isn't made by id or Valve, or published by Sierra
>hates any Western action game in general
>his favorite Zelda are Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess
>is a Sierra grognards mad that Myst mogged every single adventure game they ever made
>is a CRPG oldfag that's mad that
>is a STALKER faggots who loved the games aesthetic and difficulty, yet it turned out that the majority
>is a Doomfag of the "mustard race" variety who likes it because the artstyle has major dark fantasy vibes like Heretic/Hexen
>is an idiot that don't realize that difficulty can be a valid subjective flaw
>downvotes people on gaming subreddits while calling people here with similar views to people he downvotes a redditor

I had already marked all of them so I unironically agree