2022.......no one.... remembers me

2022.......no one.... remembers me.......

Attached: 11.jpg (1000x600, 178.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/sections/360012376652-Age-of-Empires-IV-Mod-Workshop
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

good

Woman in the cover, for a game aimed at PCchuds...
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING??

smart select still doesn't work

Explain why this game died so fast. What is so bad that the AOE fags didn't abandon 2 for it.

Really shit balancing in regards to various game elements, to the point where certain civilization just always win base don what kind of map (water, for instance) you're playing on. It's also missing extremely basic features like a scenario editer and it costs $60 where aoe2DE still only costs $20. It also has really shitty design choices like ranged units never missing their shots. The game was also riddled with in credibly broken bugs that just didn't get fixed fast eonugh despite how easy it was to fix them. There were multiple bugs that made it so that multiple civilizations could just auto generate resources for free and Relic didn't bother fixing it for weeks.

I've gone from loving this game and wanting to see it succeed along with AOE2 to wanting nothing short of it's total annihilation within a 6 month window. No game has ever lost me like this before. I wanted peace, but peace was never an option

Fuck AOE4
Fuck it's rapidly dwindling fanbase
Fuck Microsoft
Fuck Relic
And fuck Nilli

Attached: 1528834368531.jpg (276x300, 36.1K)

scenario editor got added like a week ago

Cause 6 months after launch they havent addressed the fucking camera. Thousands of players bitched, they said they would fix it, never did.

The game is more fun than 2 but until we get a camera mod. Ill just play 2.

They only just now started ranked season 1.
Still no new content.
These are the actual reasons its dead.

Game fucking sucks and Relic puts out a patch to fix shit every 2 months. Patch inevitably breaks more than it fixes, but devs don't fix the fix and leave it all broken for months on end.

Gamebreaking glitches where Rus were able to simply print relics, Delhi were able to create ICBM spearman, and then Delhi getting their research times broken all lasted for months. In that time the devs just let that shit wreak havoc on the ladder.

Wrong. Unless you're talking about that mod which isn't what people were referencing. There's no built-in scenario editor for the game.

support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/sections/360012376652-Age-of-Empires-IV-Mod-Workshop

It's official?

>The game is more fun than 2
Yeah I sure love playing every single match one way with each civ.
Isn't it so great to have no micro-able actions in combat so every battle is a mess of blobs attack moving at each other.
I just love water being an objectively broken mess.
Siege being centralizing as shit and also based on the clunky as fuck AOE3 control is SO much fun.

Mod workshop is not the scenario editor you fucking tard.

kys redditor

That's not in-game and it doesn't disprove anything tha tI said, dumb ass. It's also worse than a scenario editor in regards to general accessibility and performance.

The only one's who are gonna kill themselves are the 4fags when their game inevitably drops below 3 in playerbase.

AoE3 is unironically better

There's no way that's going to happen. I know it's shit but I refuse to believe this will happen any time soon.

They set themselves up to fail by covering the same ground as 2, then went ahead with some "minimally-viable product" bullshit. UI is painfully generic, everything feels mushy/unresponsive. The only good part is the sound design.

Because it was shit and uninspiring. It looks like a AoE3 reskin without physics.
Campaign was lucklaster. If you're doing history, you don't make 3 missions and call it a day. You do all historical battles.
For example Rus had no Alexandr Nevsky in the campaign.
But generally, previous games had made up story campaign with VOICE ACTING
The AoE4 had no ship battles at all in the campaign. It was such a lazy concept of a campaign
It's no surprising it shit the bed, I rather play AoE2 or 3

mobile game port. disregard trash return to AoE 1 and Rise of Rome.

Why was this shit even made? This game legitimately does not need to exist. It already has less players than Age of Empires 2 and it hasn't even been a year since it released.

4 will be below 3 within a year. 3 is growing and getting new content regularly. 4 is in absolute freefall with a skeleton crew making things worse instead of better.

>2022
>still haven't accepted that nothing will ever beat broodwar
ngmi

AOE2 has absolutely overtaken brood war.
>Dwindling South Korean cult where the top talent all retired to be League coaches
vs
>Actively booming international competitive scene
>Regular in-game events
>Constant free content updates and expansion packs
Who had a tournament in an actual European castle last year user? It wasn't Starcraft.

3 should be deleted as well. Anything other than 2 is dogshit.

Just waiting for color selector to pick this up again
I can't stand to play as blue any more

What does it matter if it's ingame, it has scenario editing tools

They released the game in a completely unfinished state and then the devs went on vacation. Everything is broken and bugged to hell and even without the bugs it was super unbalanced. Siege weapons felt more like modern day tanks than immobile siege engines. They moved fast, had lots of health and did a ton of damage. Basically the core game design that relies on the Horsemen /Archer/Spearman counter triangle went out the window because you could just build 10 mangonels and obliterate anything. Every match became the same thing. No variety in strategies. It's just whoever builds a deathball of siege units first wins because nothing counters it. I think they nerfed siege in a recent patch but I can't be bothered to go back and play again. Like 6 fuckin months of siege spam while the devs pumped out 1 tiny update every two months just soured me on the game. I have no faith for its future. Games like this get stale fast and the devs are slow as fuck. Especially when you have games like LoL where shit is being added and buffed and nerfed like every 2 weeks and the meta is always shifting, you can't expect people to play Age of Mangonels for months on end.