Why are these motherfuckers harder than most bosses?

Why are these motherfuckers harder than most bosses?

Attached: bear.jpg (1280x720, 124.77K)

It's the turn 180° and bullrush you within half a second thing that always gets me.

>enemy designed around outdoor horseback combat
>hey lmao what if we trapped the player in a tiny ass room with them so that they phase through the wall and make it impossible to see attack wind up?
there's ur problems

haha big bear

Stick to his leg.

>large as fuck
>entire body can be an active hitbox
>faster than your fucking horse
>high defense and resistance on top of that

As Elden Lord I swear on me mum to pass a law that'll make Alberta's rat bans look like a minor ordinance in comparison to mine for runebears.

Attached: 1629068207519.jpg (1024x1004, 59.51K)

>turns left
>400 damage
no matter where you are its gonna hurt you

those fuckers aren't easier on horseback, you're supposed to fight them upclose where the moveset becomes very telegraphed

I was struggling with this fight until a friend told me to push right up against his body and roll directly into him on every attack. Killed him first attempt after that.
It didn't really feel like it was the way that you're 'supposed' to fight him but if it works it works.

I'm actually amazed they managed to program an enemy with such a violent behavior.

That fucking dude in Limgrave turning into a werebear was the scariest shit

>summon jellygf
>spam light attacks until he bleeds
Works for me usually

Is that what happens? I fell down onto a ledge and then suddenly smoke and bear.

catch flame fucks these bears in the asshole and urethra

Souls shitbox. Just compare it to monster hunter where you can stick to a monster properly if you position well. In ER you are expected to just cheese it with weapon arts at range or time roll frames.

They're not though? You don't even have to roll for most of their attacks.

I tried to sneak and almost shat myself when it woke up.

>summoning

>stumble upon the waygate to Gurranq
>decide to actually explore the area
>find the cave near the minor erdtree
>that fucking cunt is there
I spent at least an hour on this fucking bear, only to learn that it's a regular respawning mob. And then the boss of the cave was piss easy, talk about time wasted

Yes

Yeah they one shot my horse every fucking time, usually just roll into them and spam jump/stronk

Get under him and bite his penis. Goes down fast.

I like how strong and big and cool the bears in Elden Ring are. Representation is important to me--I mean bears. I assume.

spastic button mashing

There is some regular "hollow" on that ledge who is just an illusion and shows his true Form if damaged. it's also the only bear that drops a larval tear

>Large body so you can't see what the enemy is actually doing
>Old monster hunter attack pattern where they just lunge at you without any tell, except here it removes 70% of your health bar
>Hyper aggressive, barely leave you any time to really attack or just wombo combo you to death.
>Attack cleaves at 360° with insane auto tracking, and have insane gap closing abilities
They are by far the strongest enemy in the entire game.

Illusionist enemies always drop a Larval Tear.