LITERALLY impossible

LITERALLY impossible.

Attached: soldier of godrick.jpg (940x530, 54.36K)

Something is pissing me off about all the people who have never played a Souls game before and don't understand how to play Elden Ring correctly

And also all the people who got a Steam Deck and have zero clue how to use Linux or what Linux even is and they use Flatpak for everything

I want to gatekeep these people so fucking hard

Attached: 1647566496661.jpg (1600x1359, 515.46K)

shut up chud gaming should be inclusive and has to include niggers like me

Man some of these bossfights are really fucking lazy holy shit.

>tracking attacks
>delayed sword swings
>bloated HP pool
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING????

Seeing the bloodstains in his arena after killing him really showed me just how many are new to the game

>Something is pissing me off about all the people who have never played a Souls game before and don't understand how to play Elden Ring correctly
So you were a Souls expert during your first game?
Gatekeeping is good but you are fucking retarded

>Cape
You didn't beat the game

I beat this guy first try lol git gud

new players use intended features like shields while "veterans" continue to roll like faggots. ive seen so many screenshots of these "i killed this boss without summons or other cheese" screenshots and the faggot doesnt even have estus on quickpouch instead he probably cycles through them and X. and this is because hurrr i dont need to learn anything im already master at the game. go fucking die you souls NIGGER

What the fuck is a quick pouch
I scroll and press square
Simple as

Thas literally a tutorial fight user

Not gonna lie, I died to him the first time because I insisted on parrying him and fucked up my timing like 6 times in a row lmao

I parried him twice perfectly the next time and never used parries again

i thought the point of open-world games, especially ER, was freedom. So why did they make the tutorial boss impossible to kill without using a counterattack?

It took me nearly 10 hours to finally beat this guy, what the fuck fromsoft?

What if he came back as a secret final boss?

The only boss harder than him is the solider of sciencedrick

Attached: 745.png (327x316, 210.62K)

quickpouch is for torrent, summon and the occasional dagger / status relief
normal equipment slots are for estus and your flask

This is the optimal way to play.

Serious question, what the fuck is the point of even bothering to use parrying if the only way you know if you can parry an attack is trial and error where you lose half your HP if you guess wrong?

Attached: 623465245754.jpg (666x562, 34.18K)

You can git gud at parrying and absolutely fuck up some bosses and R1 spammers in PVP. It's extremely useful, but high risk.

I use it for the lantern too since it gets turned off every time you die or fast travel.

>and they use Flatpak for everything
Holy shit thanks for reminding me.

Attached: 1646903811978.jpg (987x700, 148.27K)

If you're having trouble with a hard area, especially ones that put you on some rickety bridge over a death pit or a tiny room with a tough enemy, you invest those one or two lives to learn the parry and bop him no problem, instead of risking the roll and getting fucked over for it. Also a lot of the parries aren't really trial and error, like 60% of the enemies in the game are some form of humanoid swinging a weapon at you.

Yea but every time you encounter a new enemy you have no idea which attacks you can parry, if any. I got frustrated like the 8th time I got fucked up trying to parry unparryable attacks and just went full roll mode.

Attached: 1593432399164.png (250x214, 68.54K)

Oh sorry I missed part of the question. You can parry any weapon not considered colossal, I believe. They expect people already good enough at the game to consistently parry to be familiar with parryable enemies, and you can guess correctly at most of them, but a few that look like they can be parried can't, and vice versa. Kind of the same approach with all the mechanics. Can you freely heal during this boss? Will guard counters work? Can I stagger this guy with jumping R1 etc.

Ngl I died to him. Was getting used to parrying again.

NTA, been playing souls games since DS1 and Elden Ring is the first time since my first playthrough of DS1 where I am actually bothering to use a shield. Problem with most souls games is using a shield is unironically a noob trap offering you no advantage and just taking chunks out of your stamina for no payoff. The guard counter in Elden Ring is great and it made blocking fun, so now I'm using shields again.

It's really important for the future of tech that Linux becomes more popular so be more polite to normalfags about it than you would normally be

There's only a handful of places you actually need the lantern for unless your brightness was way lower than intended.

Fuck I didn't even consider using it for estus. I'd probably have a bad time due to muscle memory and keep throwing fire pots kek.

My quick menu is torrent, lantern, rainbow stone (fall check), and the bolus that heals scarlet rot