How is it that Japan, a country with next to no (less than 0.1%) black people...

How is it that Japan, a country with next to no (less than 0.1%) black people, can create black videogame characters that are infinitely more likeable and appealing than anything from w*stern studios?

Attached: ff blacks.png (1300x1239, 1.71M)

cause it fits ur shitposting formula

>mr t is a japanese creation
I pity the fool

Because they can into actual character design instead of just putting a real life human into a machine

Because they're probably not designed to be cookie cutter tokens who exist solely to fill a diversity quota.

Because they only look like one and don't act like one.

>sazh
what did this guy even have going for him other than 'muh kid'
cannot remember a single defining characteristic about him

>they can into actual character design
Yeah. Just a few times in history though. After that they just copy and paste those few designs they came up with over and over and over again.

Is he black or just a Jomon?

When western activists talk about diversity representation, they don't just want someone who matches their demographic, they want to see a character they can mentally project themselves into so they can have a self-presence in that fictional universe through that character, and it's harder for those people to project themselves into someone with a distinct personality, so western writers have to make those characters as blank and bland as possible to make them relatable and projectible.

left is not only good black character design but peak fucking character design in general

his voice actor fucking killed it, stuck with english dub just for him

>dont live around black people
>create black characters that are likeable
>why?
its a mystery

>Western developers
>"There SHOULD be a black person in our video game"
>Japanese developers
>"I WANT there to be a black person in our video game"

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, based?

i don't like barret though

To be fair, I can't remember more than one thing for most of the 13 cast
>Lightning was generically angry
>Snow was Dante
>Hope wanted to murder Snow until he didn't
>Fang was originally a dude
>Vanille was doujin bait

I just remember Sazh was just a normal dude compared to all these fucking anime weirdos, even though he had a chocobo in his hair or something

Barret is one of the only great black characters in gaming. Remove Sazh from that image immediately. He doesn't belong.

>>Japanese developers
>>"There SHOULD be pedobait in our video game"
This is what you get in Japan instead of black people. Shinji Mikami, for example, has talked about being compelled to pander to pedos against his wishes.

>japan gets lolis instead of black people
uhh wtf i love japan now?

Sazh is one of the only great black characters in gaming. Remove Barret from that image immediately. He doesn't belong.

Attached: Sazh.jpg (610x343, 48.27K)

I don't care what kind of twisting turns you want to take this but I answered OP's question.

Barrett is Okinawan not Black

>final fantasy richard pryor
>loves fried chocobo
what did they mean by this?

We're all black through the lens of sunglasses.

>Doesn't include Ash.

Despite how a bunch of kids on the internet will scream talentless hack at Nomura he's actually a very experienced dev any RPG would be lucky to have on its dev team when it comes to getting the characters to have a unique voice in the world of the game that also doesnt take you out of it, works like FF8, TWEWY and FF7 remake are as good as it gets when it comes to that and no one can convince me otherwise.

>it's okay when japan does it

This. Just admit you're a racist and think anything that features a POC is SJW forced WOKE culture or whatever you incels call it these days.

I'm going to take out the words you put in my mouth and ram your mom with them.

>friendly black person
WHAT A GREAT CHARACTER

Attached: DDAF9B0F-4595-485A-8778-BC52ACECA727.gif (498x498, 424.2K)

>charismatic looking guy that you just know he's a laugh to have around
>absolute badass that reminds you of a time when action movies were good
Now compare these two to the Saint's Row reboot, I'll take the "cheesy" tributes to american culture over the so-called innovation that only ever amounts to something worse than what came before.

Nigger.

When Japan makes a minority or female character, it's usually because they want to or wanna fulfill an archetype.
When the west does it, it's to appease the loud minority and their white knights that can either cancel their careers or burn their houses to the ground.

because they're not pandering to white liberals

fpbp

no he's not. he's clearly Dominican