Why does no one like Scimitar?

Why does no one like Scimitar?
It's been my weapon of choice since Demons Souls and I use it now in Elden Ring too.
Yet I've never seen anyone else use it. Why is that? And don't say it's a shit weapon, because it's not

Attached: scimitar_curved_sword_weapon_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 8.3K)

I played the entire game dual wielding them. You're not alone, brother.

Yesterday i started my first ER playthrough and i want to collect every Curved sword in the game.
Scimitar is my first.

ive been using them for 70 hours but i just switched to dual katanas

they have curved swords. curved. swords.

They're inferior to both European straight swords and katanas irl

dumb weeb

Same
I always want to main scimitars but they never put in any cool ones
Katana gives more damage, reach and there is more choice for cool looking ones and unique effects

Gonna dual wield this bad boy

Attached: scavengers_curved_sword_curved_sword_weapon_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 8.99K)

huuum no innate bleed?? unusable S H I T

Elden Ring has a shitload of viable weapons, so only the most notable get mentioned often.

>No passive bleed
Hard pass yikes

Attached: 1647549747291.gif (640x640, 3.06M)

water dancer scimitar has a sick strong attack

I miss the Kilij from DeS.

I'm currently playing Dark Souls 2 and can't decide whether I should use dual-scimitars or dual-katana.

Attached: uchigatana scimitar.png (213x165, 6.43K)

Scimitars are a myth, exclusively used to fight while riding a horse or camel.
Arabic tribes and Turks didn't fight with scimitars in frontal skirmish, they were best suited for quick razias commonly performed by bandits...

No, katanas are inferior to anything, and if European straight swords were so better, why would they be replaced by rapier and quick blows?

replaced how? rapiers were self defence and dueling weapons while straight swords were for war

dual uninstall, shit's more gimped than the worst aspects of ER

That's why turkish elite soliders used them on foot

Forgot pic

Attached: janitschar.jpg (564x768, 84.82K)