Just bought red dead redemption 2 on steam and wow i did not realize how bad it was...

just bought red dead redemption 2 on steam and wow i did not realize how bad it was. i thought the criticisms were overblown but they arent. looting takes too long. my head literally hurts because its hard to tell if the buttons do anything during the long horse riding cut scenes. and youre moving in snow and everything takes extra long. how do people play this game. i dont remember the first rdr being like this.

Attached: 5da85be37e696c2b755a1612.jpg (1080x1080, 556.29K)

You play as the actor Arthur Morgan in the story Rockstar wants to tell you.

> i dont remember the first rdr being like this
Because it wasn’t. The movement and turn speed on horseback and on foot is way faster. Also there are way less changes in terrain so the game is easy to play. Rockstar retire bitch.

i feel like they should add a warning to the page saying DO NOT BUY IF YOU ARE AN ADHD ADDLED ZOOMER RETARD. then again you probably wouldn't have the patience to read it.

I feel like they should add a warning to the page. DO NOT PLAY IF YOU LIKE GAMES NOT MOVIES

idk man maybe you should play pokemon sword or something because you seem to like cutscenes and game long tutorials. after playing something as responsive as elden ring with no handholding. its kind of a shock to the system

>Also there are way less changes in terrain so the game is easy to play
lmao what, RDR1's map is completely fucked to shit with the random cliffs there are.
RDR1 has the map of a place that's been suffering earthquakes daily for years.

The incredible slowness that permeates the game would be fine if every single mission wasn't just riding to a place, getting into a shootout and then riding away while being chased and shot at by infinite bad guys who are somehow always in front of your position and know exactly where you are.

> after playing something as responsive as elden ring with no handholding
What the fuck am I reading, Souls games are piss easy and the combat is the most basic shit, they are what a zoomer thinks a hardcore game is.

>4 years later
>he's still seething
Why, of all games, was RDR2 the one that mindbroke Any Forums the most?
Not even MGSV managed to cause this level of asshurt.

Because in the past few years Any Forums got filled with zoomers who think they have it all figured out, they claimed RDR2 would totally flop and it didn't.
This kind of shit is why even fucking Any Forums thinks Any Forums is retarded.

>zoomer is so used to handholding and slow controls he can’t even recognize it when someone points it out to him and just talks about something unrelated to the point because he wants to posture anyway
Yikes nigger brain

>Yikes
And you call others zoomers?
And i'm not used to handholding, I love Stalker Anomaly, I just don't think Souls games are hard, they are piss easy to exploit.

>NOOOO ALL GAMES MUST BE FAST PACED RETARD SPOONFEEDING LIKE ZOOM ETERNAL NOOOOOO SAVE ME ZENDAYA

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 54.65K)

But the only game that caused a similar asshurt in Any Forums is Doom Eternal.
Any Forums just doesn't like when a game that this place decides MUST flop doesn't actually flop.

>filtered

You have just described every open world game

The mission design is flawed but the open world is top tier.

Here's a tip moron; park your horse over whatever animal you're skinning, dismount and then skin it to skip the animation. You're welcome.

Attached: 1635446872302.gif (500x430, 1.51M)

Only children defend this game. Just because you play Rockstar games, it doesn't make you a "cool kid". You haven't played enough videogames to understand that taking a full second for your character to respond to an input is bad game design.

Since fucking when does Any Forums care about game design.
Doom Eternal has the complete opposite game design philosophy of RDR2 and it makes Any Forums just as mad.
Any Forums is mad at games being popular, that's it, lets not forget this place unironically shilled COD Infinite Warfare and Metal Gear Survive.

0 seconds since Any Forums cried over this game.

Attached: c96.jpg (413x395, 24K)

>But the only game that caused a similar asshurt in Any Forums is Doom Eternal
Have you ever played The Legend of Zelda: Breath if the Wild, for Nintendo Switch? Developed and published by Nintendo and holding a 97 on aggregate site Metacritic, it's certainly quite the thrilling adventure!

Rdr2 has auto aim. You can even purposely fail missions to get an option to skip them entirely. Please stop acting like Rdr2 takes skill. Soon you'll claim ability cards are a good feature. Stay in your lane, zoom.
Being against objectively bad game design isn't being a contrarian. Good gameplay is just something all games should. For example, Borderlands 3 had such a shit story and characters but because the gameplay was very good, the game was fun to play. Same with Halo Infinite. Rdr2 was so bad at launch that Rockstar had to update it for the online. It still has bad input lag, just not as much. The story mode is still the same though. It feels like your controller doesn't work.

Yes but these niggers were previously making open world games that didn't conform to those low standards. Consider how in GTA 5 the cop helicopters just spawn endlessly like 20 feet away from you while in 4 they had to spawn at the nearest police station with a helipad and then fly to your location. It entirely changes the gameplay

Nah Any Forums got filled with trannies

Movie. Not an actual videogame. This joke doesn't work with Rdr2. You can fail missions on purpose and not even have to play.

>Being against objectively bad game design isn't being a contrarian
But you don't care about bad game design, this same place also worships GTA 4 which suffers from all the problems of RDR2.
Is just RDR2 is the latest Rockstar game.
When GTA 6 comes out, Any Forums will seethe about it for years even if it does a 180 and goes full arcade.

>Elden Ring's horse controls better than the dedicated cowboy horse game's horse

lmao

Any Forums still can't comprehend that good video games can have flaws. The binary opinions around here just add so much to the comedic value of the already uneducated statements

Yes, Breath of the Wild is yet another game that makes Any Forums seethe as much as RDR2, all because it was popular, despite being a game entirely focus on gameplay and mechanics.
The irony is that the game it worships is Elden Ring, even though the gameplay has very little thought to it and is added to the list of pointlessly adding open worlds.

The only fun I have with this game are Fishing and hunting wild animals.
The story is meh, exploration is boring, gunfights are kinda ok, characters are uninteresting except for Dutch and doing dumb shit aren't as fun as GTA. And the only part of the story really hooked me was when John is trying to build his house.
The game is pretty overrated.

Gta4 isn't praised the way you're claiming. Those people are simply stating that it's a better game than 5. Which is true because 5 was designed for children. Hence the large zoomer population. Also, I noticed you fanboys bring up the controls of Gta4 when you're ardent Rdr2 supporters. Yes, the controls were bad like most Rockstar games, but it didn't have a full second of input lag with every action. Please don't be a hypocrite. If you're defending Rdr2 then you can't critizes the controls of any other game. It just doesn't look good on you.

Thanks for reseting the clock partner

Attached: 1075e8685d073ea109bde671dc4751b8e53e976er1-225-225v2_00.jpg (225x225, 9.2K)

yeah the gameplay is a slog. if you like the visuals and the cowboy theme you can still enjoy it but actually playing the game feels like ass. taking 5 minutes to loot a room for a few consumables is not fun. i stopped looting shit pretty fast because watching the same slow animations over and over bored me to death.

Dude, i've seen Any Forums claim it's the best GTA ever, and i've seen those defenders shit even on San Andreas.

>when you're ardent Rdr2 supporters
I'm not, hell, these threads aren't even about RDR2, is just Any Forums being mad that a popular game is popular.
RDR2 is just one of the many games that makes Any Forums seethe simply because of that.
RDR2 is crap just like GTA V, RDR1 and GTA 4 are, they are simply not fun because they aren't focused on the gameplay, and Any Forums doesn't care about that, it just larps as some kind of elite to hide Any Forums being a place filled with simpletons.

RDR2 would have gotten shat on even if it was full arcade, just because of the sales, look at Doom Eternal or Breath of the Wild.