Has no actual gameplay outside of mindless grinding

>has no actual gameplay outside of mindless grinding
How has this garbage game survived for nearly a DECADE?

Attached: Warframe_Cover_Art.png (250x299, 134.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Maneuvers#Aim_Glide
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sunk cost fallacy.
People have spent so much time and money on the game they feel a need to force themselves to play it so they can convince themselves they like it. MMOs prey on mentally weak people.

Same reason why RuneScape has.
Autists & people that whale.

It could had been a lot better, putting timers on upgrading and restricting how much faction points you could grind daily is what made me stop playing the game, I played it for maybe 2 weeks before I said "enough" because of that bullshit and deleted the game from my PS4

Game is filled out the ass with microtransactions, puts mobile games to shame with how many obstacles and hoops you have to jump through as F2P

Not to mention the massive amount of feature creep and makes no attempt to teach the players how its systems work.

The fact that you have to grind out weapon levels even of weapons or frames that you either don't want, don't like or don't need, just so you can progress further is annoying as shit. Doubly so that you have to grind them up in early areas for 7 levels then mid game areas for another 7 etc.

>mentally weak people.
>y-yes user all of this problem is because of this fallacy I read in Any Forums...
Lmao the dunning-kruger

>How has this garbage game survived for nearly a DECADE?
The challenge of figuring out how to mitigate the grind by finding exploits. Basically its a challenge between the developers and the players always finding new bullshit metas to break the game with.

Attached: wyrm - warframe.gif (466x800, 332.02K)

DE is going for story direction after the community manager made the game director play a story based online game.

Attached: 1642925850436.gif (480x270, 3.92M)

Because it's fun to shoot dudes in the face and fly around at 100mph. Also the guns are fun. To shoot dudes in the face with.

Attached: 1455573573189.png (400x580, 136.88K)

>not joining a group doing high level defense missions or just leveling up in Railjack blasting space ships

Attached: come on now.jpg (960x882, 59.41K)

Warframe would be a pretty fun game if they just sort of went in and cut out the 45% of the game that is abandoned, unplayed content and redistributed the rewards elsewhere.
Oh and also if they added a real fucking trading system so that endgame was something besides being forced to interact with ESL Brazilians for out-of-print vertical upgrades.

Haven't played since release and the amount of information you have to process with no explanation is insane. There are so many menus and avenues in which to get materials and rewards that I have no earthly clue where I'm even supposed to start. Which of the dozen or so factions should I focus on? What does "gilding" mean? What are "prime" frames? What's a railjack? There are cutscene stories now with open worlds, should I focus on them first? How do I fish or mine or should I even bother fishing or mining? There's a battle pass? How do I get started on that or should I focus on that later when more areas are open? I liked it a lot better at release.

Lack of flesh/machine/skin suit in other games.

There are very few games that let me slaughtermap like in Doom, go extremely fast through levels, AND have 500 weapons in one game.
I am simply addicted
Addicted, however, is not the same thing as satisfied, there's no point outside of mastery rank and finishing a quest where the game goes "Alright then, you've beaten warframe, congrats, go play other games." It's just an endless fountain of content for a combat sandbox that doesn't nickel and dime me despite being a f2p game because platinum is piss easy to get for free if you know what to farm and where to pawn it off to.

With this logic everything is "mindless grinding". Warframe has a lot of issues but "mindless grinding" isn't it, it's at the core of what the game is supposed to be actually and it's really good, since there are few other actually decent alternatives both in mmo and regular games that do these things right(mostly).

>Which of the dozen or so factions should I focus on?
Whichever you think looks cool
>What does "gilding" mean?
You level it up to max twice so you can rename it xNIGGA-SLAYER-5000X
>What are "prime" frames?
The same frames with slightly better stats and they look cooler
>What's a railjack?
A spaceship you build so you can play Freelancer/Wing Commander/Elite Dangerous
>There are cutscene stories now with open worlds, should I focus on them first?
Off and on to break up the monotony of running through interconnected hallways
>How do I fish or mine or should I even bother fishing or mining?
You get a spear and throw it at fish in the water. You get a laser cutter and shoot rocks. Both you can get from the colony on Earth
>There's a battle pass? How do I get started on that or should I focus on that later when more areas are open?
Its a pirate DJ chick who gives out daily/weekly tasks like "Melt 100 niggas with corrosives" while you're doing anything else. You do it if you feel like it, the "seasons" of the pass last like 6 months so there is no rush

Attached: More You Know.jpg (561x370, 143.82K)

>Crying for Emet-Selch
Women, I swear

>tries to kill everyone
>people cry whenever they see him
I will never understand this shit. Hes a mass murdering piece of crap who whines about bringing back his people, the ones that destroyed the world. I hope we never see his ass again.

>Which of the dozen or so factions should I focus on?
Look up what they offer and decide accordingly.
>What does "gilding" mean?
Players can aim midair to perform Aim Gliding, this slows player's descent into a controlled gliding while allowing them to aim better even while moving through the air. warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Maneuvers#Aim_Glide
>What are "prime" frames?
A frame with slightly better stats and different looks.
>What's a railjack?
A spaceship with its own set of missions. You can craft your own on join random people who already crafted one.
>There are cutscene stories now with open worlds, should I focus on them first?
There is not clear progression outside of quest line, not sure if you can even call it a line. You can do whatever, but you end up doing everything eventually.
>How do I fish or mine or should I even bother fishing or mining?
You mine and fish in the open 'world areas', you get the equipment at the respective hub-zone i.e. Cetus. Some resources you get from mining and fishing are irreplaceable so you'll have to dabble in it at least a little bit at some point.
>There's a battle pass?
No.

Attached: can't_make_it[sound=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.catbox.moe%2F1yy50n.mp3].png (749x780, 447.56K)

Def agreed. "It gets better after 100 hours"
Yeah that's cool but I played it for 15 hours and I already don't like it so fuck off.

The battlepass is the Nora/Nightwave stuff. It has the same structure as battlepasses in gacha games.

>aim gliding
based dyslexic

I still play osrs and quit for years and then come back for shits and giggles
At this point I don't even play for nostalgia it's just relaxing. I don't really have many complaints about it, and I can return and get comfy immediately even though I'm not paying for it.

>592389096
>whalejack
lol
lmao

>install game
>oh this looks cool
>no idea what to do, where to go
>read up on it
>grind grind grind for two weeks
>read a bit more about it
>fuckthis.jpeg
and then uninstalled