Somebody explain this

somebody explain this

4 bonfires back to back

and we thought dark souls 3 had it bad

Attached: Elden Ring.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

too many playtesters getting filtered by the same section

git gud

never had a problem with this.
the most fun part about the games are the boss fights, the worse part is having to make your way all the way there again every time you die.

>bonfire before boss
>boss arena bonfire
>New area bonfire
>bonfire behind locked door that you access later in the area
The only problem was that they could've moved the boss bonfire to the new area one but I guess they kept it as is for consistency

Bonfire before Margit: natural
Bonfire after Margit at the start of a completely new subzone: completely reasonable
Bonfire in a raised area that you're supposed to access much later after clearing out the whole castle and coming around - and the gate starts shut: This one was unnecessary but it's not outrageous
Bonfire that spawns when Margit dies: bizarre

I have to believe it's a lore thing because every time you kill a Shardbearer it spawns a grace where you fought. Maybe this was to foreshadow that Margit is Morgott. Who knows? It's weird.

The only slightly unreasonable one is the one that spawns after killing Margit. I've never gotten the autism surrounding those two bonfires in Dark Souls 3 either, you guys are fucking weird.

Thats cool, I didn't know about that last grace point in the webm. And her I am thinking I explored all of Stormveil.

They just need to stop the bonfires dropped from bosses. It's pretty much a carry over from the older games and clearly doesn't make sense here. It would solve a lot of these moments because a boss thats important enough to drop one is usually blocking access to a new area anyway and that new area is going to have a fire

Margit pre-bonfire is what filtered people. Boss bonfire is a reward telling the player "you did it!". Gate bonfire is a decision-making point to go into the main castle or approach the diversion to the battlements to the left. Upstairs bonfire is there for when you break through the first part of the gate assault.

At this point bonfires are basically used as a way to reward the player, and it works.

If you used bonfires you didnt actually beat the game.

its a boss area op you moron

It spawns a bonfire any time you kill a "real boss" shardbearer or not

Most likely answer.
When playing the game this I saw this and thought it was strange too, its just the one early part like this

Honestly I wish every room had a bonfire just so you can bitch more about it.

git bad

Margot bonfire isnt bizarre at all, all the ones after it are.

>Bonfire in a raised area that you're supposed to access much later after clearing out the whole castle and coming around - and the gate starts shut: This one was unnecessary but it's not outrageous

It only starts shut if you are a manlet and choose to slink around. You can open it right away by talking to Gostoc

git decent

More filtering. Honestly I did the front gate assault on a separate play through and found it a piece of cake. I'm used to shit like Sen's Fortress tho so meh.

first grace
>we know this boss is likely to repel players or make them want to reconsider their options, so we placed a grace instead of a stake of marika
second grace
>graces spawn when you beat major bosses, end of discussion, don't care how close it is to another one, that's how it works
third grace
>???
fourth grace
>the gate is supposed to be intimidating to get through, and we didn't feel like putting a shortcut in the room above so we just put a grace there

imagine getting filtered by bonfires LMAOO
l2p

I love Any Forums, where else can you see fully grown men MELT DOWN at fucking bonfires??
Lol I fucking love Any Forums.

>pre-boss
well yeah, for casuals
>after killing boss
usual thing
>before new area
logical
>after shortcut
ok

second and third are pointless
i dont think it happens further into the game