Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 72.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Qkyt1wXNlI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes.

What game should i get next

and i'll pirate another game

I want it and don't want to pay for it

you are a tranny. you have no counter argument.

The only thing being stolen here is my heart
I WILL marry Fitgirl!

it's just a spoon, get over it

yes, what are you gonna do about it? sue me? call me a nigger? doesn't change anything.

i don't care i'm still gonna do it :)

its legal

It's only stealing if it fits the definition of it.

>you are removing a physical possession from someone else, thus depriving them of it
or
>you are denying someone their just wages

The first is physically impossible in the age of digital, which allows media to be post-scarcity. At least as long as they don't enforce artificial scarcity via DRM and FOMO limited deals. The second is mostly dependent on if the game is still being readily made available.

Take, for example, that I want to watch the original Star Wars from the 1970s. I find it online on an archive website. It's not wrong for me to download it and enjoy it, because Disney refuses to resell it. The only version you can buy legally is the pozzed modern edition, with George Lucas and Disney making changes left and right for the sake of modernity (IE gotta change characters to be more politically correct, gotta add in more useless CGI, gotta cut scenes if they're mean or insensitive).

You might have a point if it's a modern game, but not if it's the equivalent of abandonware.

It isn't the equivalent of abandonware, so you are still stealing. You can have as many good justifications as you want for it, but it can only ever be morally justified theft.

so are taxes and no one bats an eye

Never going to buy it anyway

>literally abandoned because the dev doesn't want to make money off of it
>it's somehow theft to make a copy of it

Yeah nah, you're just being a bootlicker.

Ok tranny

You steal because you don't want to pay the developers.
I steal because I don't want to fund the war incited by my government by paying taxes.
We are not the same.

If you try to define, you loose (sic). you will never win by engaging on their terms.

it's not stealing in switzerland

I know they always argue in bad faith, due to the corporate cock in their mouth, but I figure it's at least worth a try.

do you pirate food, water, and electricity too

Counterargument: I don't care.

So be it then, what are you going to do? Cry in the internet?

Yes, just not by the people downloading it; but by the one making the crack. Same way drug addicts aren't necessarily dealers.

piracy makes a copy, i would love to "pirate" gold bars

>Pirate game
>Company loses 60 dollars
>Delete game
>Company gains back 60 dollars
Antipirate logic

It is stealing. I don't believe in morals

Attached: yes.png (680x709, 243.33K)

Pirating literally only matters if your product is bad. Piracy helps good products and hurts bad ones. Every good creator loves having their works pirated because it always gives a boost in sales.

if someone is anti-piracy they have no faith in their own product, or literally do not understand what piracy does for products.

Absolutely by the ones downloading it. If you went into a store and zapped a pastry with a ray that made 100 copies and you give all those pastries to 100 different people all those people including you would be a their

Riddle me this anti-piracy people.

>go into nephew's room
>he's playing the newest call of duty
>I ask to play it

According to your logic, I've stolen 60 dollars from the company due to this action. Reason; I got the experience of playing the game illegally, and two people got to play the game for the price of one copy, and I did it through a method not allowed by the company that owns the platform. digital purchases in particular have a clause in their contracts that state that you may not share the content with anyone else, under any circumstances. this is why it is illegal to sell steam accounts.

Does this make sense?

HAND OVER THE SSD BUCKO

Attached: policeraid.jpg (760x427, 55.56K)

Piracy doesn't do anything but piss off developers they're not proud that you're stealing their shit. I call bullshit on it giving an increase in sales. This reads like a cope post

*holds up spoon*

Stealing from corporations is always morally correct

ive never paid one cent for amelie yet seen it 5 times

I can prove his assertation. Look at starsector: I went out and bought the game even though it was piss easy to pirate it. The fact that I can own the installer without having to worry about any stupid nonsense regarding DRM, this endeared the game to me.

That's a retarded argument. Best single copy of call of duty is only being distributed amongst people who he shares it with as a form of rental. 1 copy is still being used. If you give that to someone else or let someone else play it you are no longer using that copy.

well here's neil gaiman talking about how when he put his book out for literally free, its sales went up by 300% over the next month.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Qkyt1wXNlI

If you make good products, piracy literally, LITERALLY generates more sales for you. Dumb cunts either don't realize this, or have 0 faith in their products. There's no inbetween.

There's a minor amount of correlate across over between people who buy it because they like it and people who buy it because they like it. For the average consumer if they're already stealing it they don't need or have an incentive to buy it

triggered reddit pirate

this movie worth wasting a couple hours on?

It's overrated. I find it to be mediocre. The Notebook is the best chick flick.

>best single copy of call of duty is only being distributed amongst people who he shares it with as a form of rental.
The point in this discussion is that you are not allowed to rent it out to someone else. It is not a physical game, it is a digital license given only to the original account holder. You are saying, by your own admission, that it is okay to break their law because of how frivolous it would be to enforce it.