Is this a marvel movie? why are alyx and russel constantly quipping at each other and not taking anything seriously?

Is this a marvel movie? why are alyx and russel constantly quipping at each other and not taking anything seriously?

Attached: bRn2xsCePq2wStrVAJQOyLbG7MWtUzmzSoYm99q7Y0o.png (640x640, 481.37K)

the final hours of half life alyx literally stated "a marvel movie" as their tonal goal compared to the "snyder flick" that was the darker, more serious original story draft that all the playtesters hated
I'm not fucking joking

thats why

Attached: Screenshot.png (255x84, 3.55K)

Attached: thumb.jpg (192x166, 5.16K)

>valve playtest the fun out of their game
>AGAIN

Attached: coomer ruins a game.jpg (1280x1024, 195.06K)

There was a few quippy lines that were annoying but it fades pretty fast and Alyx is absolute Kino so it gets a pass

The club sandwich conversation was really funny to me. I can't remember anything else they said though

alyx was already a goofball in the HL2 games OP

Attached: 1642644590851.jpg (750x728, 524.51K)

The vodka conversation was pretty great. I like the line you get if you leave that area with two bottles.

I'll forever hate that we've reached such a down point in cinema that Snyder of all things is now the 'standard' of what a dark, gritty movie is supposed to be

when? all I remember is she once made an awkward joke about zombines she instantly regreted. The tone of the HL2 games was completely different from the happy-go-lucky Alyx shit.

>you will never play Alyx for the first time again

>there probably won't be anything else for quite a while since VR is stagnating

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 72.51K)

I think the massive Quest 2 surge last Christmas is going to help generate renewed interest in making more games for the platform, though.

the ending is a pleb filter. if you like it you're a retard.

The entire game is for retards

You're right, it is a pleb filter. You definitely understand what that means

whatever, a reverse pleb filter.

>"...The two kinds of bathos in innovative poetry are related to two different attitudes about what poetry is for. On the one invisible hand, there is what we could call the commitment to bathos. A person who feels this commitment, who feels that she has been committed to bathos, might recognize what Paul Hirst and Grahame Thompson have called “the pathology of overdiminished expectations.” For Hirst and Thompson, who are critics of political economy and not of literature or language, “the pathology of overdiminished expectations” is “the political impact of ‘globalization’”. The commitment to bathos would involve feeling acutely how such a pathology does and can exist, while feeling also that “overdiminished expectations”, though pathological, are the only kind possible; it would be a commitment to the idea of freedom from error. Poetry of this kind tends to be thick with registrations of its own inadequacy not simply as language but as mere culture. It evinces an overdiminished but nevertheless inexpugnable desire for moral as well as ethical rectitude."

Attached: Alexander_Pope_by_Michael_Dahl.jpg (2400x2981, 774.47K)

more quest 2 VR games maybe AKA small scale tech demos
We won't see the likes of Alyx again for some time

Yeah those grapes were probably sour anyway

>Grow up in a world of shit
>See death and destruction everywhere
>Become desensitized to it
>Take any excuse to have a laugh
wow so hard to comprehend

This is basically why I'm so sardonic and speak my mind. Sorry bitch, I just don't care about your feelings. Problem?

why wasn't she like that in the 3 preceding games

>world full of shit
>death and destruction everywhere
>completely decimate the climax and atmosphere built up with totally witty quips and jests
it's a crutch, used by mediocre writers to absolve themselves of certain criticisms.