Triangle Strategy

Fuck me, I’m trying to beat Chapter 7 without burning my town to the ground, and I am getting filtered on NORMAL. There are just so many god damn units to kill

Attached: B27F59A2-0107-4870-AC13-43A4006D08D4.jpg (926x1500, 232.25K)

C'mon user, you can do it. Create a chokehold on the stairs. Use hughette on top of the houses.

Do you have Jens? Use the terrain to your advantage and turtle up on the top right. The name of the game is delay delay delay.

Use quietus's to try and bang out Avlora quickly when she comes, or just keep trying to slow her.

Use Jen's traps to knock people lower, use Erador's taunt and limit the amount of spaces he can be attacked at to disable large groups. I had Corentin and his icewall is great for slowing down/blocking off an approach. Archer guy has a trap though which is probably effective.

Use quietus's to execute avlora, in particular In Tandem is super powerful, just commit everything to knocking her out.

Blind from hughette will be invaluable as well. Just play the long slow game. Whittle down your enemies. I believe in you user :)

Attached: 1647515597821.png (781x752, 292.95K)

well that's kind of the point user
you chose this bed, now sleep in it

though if you really need to cheese it jens can make a ladder to the rooftops

>Hawk's Bane
FUCK Hughette and FUCK Flanagan for having that as an actual ability instead of a passive that doesn't take a slot.

Hughette doesn't shave her massive jungle bush

I don't care. Fucking Hawk's Bane taking up a slot.

certain units don't max out all their slots anyway, see piccoletta

hughette/flan essentially have a passive that grants them immunity to fall damage and flying movement, just think of that as the thing taking up a slot

Mmm... well now that you say it that way...
Well, okay, but still fuck them and their arrow weakness.

I didn’t turtle completely, and I didn’t go top right, which is probably advisable. I tried to go to play in the middle and swing a few units around the back right. And I was using ice wall, chokepoints, house hughette, spring traps, etc. guess topright makes the most sense though, as it will spread out units and I won’t get flanked by surprise reinforcements. That shit sucked

Yeah as this user said too
You can definitely cheese with the ladder and keep defending yourself. In general turtling seems pretty damn broken in this game, splitting your troops is setting yourself up for a bad time.

That said, take advantage of Ana because she can take out high priority targets which are going to be mages and archers.

Turtling is extremely good, but certain maps or objectives are designed to make it impossible.

How does ladder cheese work? I can see how it would be useful for positioning and preventing units from getting counter attacked, but it doesn’t seem like anything crazy. What am I missing? Can mages sit at the top of a ladder and spam spells without melee units being able to attack them or something? Height ranges can be hard to gauge in this game

>Can mages sit at the top of a ladder and spam spells without melee units being able to attack them or something
Yes

>Can mages sit at the top of a ladder and spam spells without melee units being able to attack them or something?
Mages can't, but archers can, archers can only hit a few spaces above them but as far as they want below. Certain maps can be soloed by getting an archer somewhere no mages/archers can reach then plonking away, although it does take forever.

In addition to these two, you can use it to quickly bring people in and out of threat zones. You can also use it in tandem with his traps and bait them to come up the ladder and then take a shitload of fall damage

Sometimes it will even confuse enemy pathing and you can trick them into wasting many of their turns.

Also don't sleep on items and environmental changes. Adding a bunch of ice around the area will really allow you to pick people off since they'll be so slow

Which one of you lied to me?

Also, I only have Hawk girl archer so far, and her range doesn’t seem better than the average archer, and she can normally fly up to shit with a bird of prey boost. Are there other archers that take advantage more, or am I not realizing that Hughette likes ladders a lot too?

Don't sleep on Corentin, honestly he's such a beast late game that with Julio you can just nuke entire maps and completely control the flow of battle.

>Hard Mode was challenging but it wasn't too bad outside of one stage
>Get to the Erika and Thalas stage on the boat
>Game recommends Flanagan who I just recruited
>He gets one shot by one of the reinforcement mages
What's with the sudden difficulty spike on this stage?

Flanagan is a purely phys tank that has the worst magic defense in the game.

Damn, using the terrain and traps seems really cool, and I definitely was underutilizing it, but it makes it seem like slow, defensive play will be the best course of action most of the time. That’s a shame, especially because the game already takes so long, and I have other games to play and shit to do. Hope i don’t end up dropping it simply because of the time commitment it’ll take. I’m surprised people have beaten it multiple times already

Well that's a problem since there are multiple mages on this stage and his infuriate move is inferior to Erador's.

How can the other tank unit be so infierior to Erador?

Then don't use him.
The recommended units is a trap most of the time.
Erador is overall better, but Flanagan has some advantages. His Ironclad ability is fantastic, he has a flying mount + an attack that moves him across the map letting him cover huge distances, and his ability that massively reduces the damage all adjacent units take is busted in certain circumstances. Basically, if you're in a map where you need to turtle or play defensively there's no reason not to use both.

You have to trade something for all that mobility right?

I'd say every unit in the game has very particular niche use. I think what matters is your overall composition and how you make the most use of their advantages.

Well it's cerntanly nice that there's no broken unit.

Not really, recommended units are usually there to counter some sort of gimmick on the map, whether its using Frederica for Flame Shield/Fire Eater to counter Erika or maybe Corentin to silence annoying targets, etc.
This stage just isn't good for Flanagan period.