Literal god who lives deep beneath the earth where no one has ever tread

>literal god who lives deep beneath the earth where no one has ever tread

>also apparently in some random fucking mine for some reason

Most of the boss reusage was fine, but that was so fucking retarded. Ruined the entire awe factor behind that Astel.

Attached: Elden-Ring-Astel-Boss-2.jpg (1054x592, 92.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Godefroy the Grafted
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they took o'neill removed the O and put him in castle sol kek. they ran out of time + covid memes

let's not forget
eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Godefroy the Grafted

>god

He’s just som meteor beast

>literal god

no, just an average ayy, not elden beast tier

It's not a god, it's a star. Glintstones are space rocks that hold the life force and memories of the stars, which is why one of them is in a glintstone mine.

Lol I was definitely surprised when I got to him. Since it was one of those caves that you get smithing stones from, I thought the boss was going to be either the ulcerated tree spirit sperg, another variant of the wyrm or the stonedigger troll, or maybe 4 crystalians. Turns out it's the fucking cosmic horror beast from Ranni's quest. And no, even pre-patch Hoarfrost Stomp basically did nothing against him, Bloodhound Step was the actual crutch move for Astel 1.0 and 2.0. His telegraphs are weird and seem to be designed so that you fuck up by dodging too late after having gotten so used to the other delaying bosses.

shit boss
what is it with from and boss sizes so big you can see them in melee

Not really applicable to this one since it immediately spams aoe attacks if you try to hover under it. You're supposed to go face to face and punish his lengthy recoveries. I thought it was one of the better large bosses I've encountered so far.

I'm not defending the copy+paste because it is fucking stupid, but Astel is just the fully, FULLY grown form of the fallingstar beasts. Both have the giant mandibles, but more importantly you can see the skull starting to emerge from the fallingstar beasts' heads.

the least they could have done is name him Pastel. it gets even worse when hes the harder version with different attacks

>Most of the boss reusage was fine
I was genuinely surprised when the last boss wasn't a godskin, or just three guardian lions in a small room

Or they could just be lowercase a astels, as in "astel" is the name of the fully grown star beasts that are then just identified by their subtitles.

this boss was really good
he was like a good amygdala

>really good
Once you have fully memorized his moveset he becomes basically a pushover, as long as you don't get hit by any of his AOEs that mostly happen if you try to stay under him instead of directly in his face. His other attacks are still guaranteed 2-shots though, such as the tail whip out of nowhere and the laser if you're too far from him. But, his meteor rain can be easily rolled through or avoided completely by sprinting to the other side of the battlefield.

only three meteors actually target you the rest are for fluff its funny when you finally notice it

He's not a god, he's a beast offshoot of an outer god, the same way the Elden Beast is an offshoot of the Greater Will. The Elden Beast fell to the Earth in a meteor, it's only because of Marika that the whole thing with the Erdtree empire happened.
These creatures still don't compare to the actual Outer Gods who are way, way more powerful.

Oh shit are you serious? I did feel like the meteors were a bit too easy to dodge to the point that it's his one move that I want to happen more often, since it gives me a breather.

Not a god, just an alien worshipped as a god, so there are a multitude of them. Same thing with the fallingstar beast.

I'm still not sure if any meteors actually target you at all. I've never gotten hit if I just sprint horizontally away.

>Run up to this faggot
>Just do jump attacks all day if hes not doing anything
>If he does his long as fuck wind up snap or grab just keep doing jump attacks because it doesn't seem like he can grab you in the air.
>Only annoyance is the camera freaking out and his teleports.

This bosses was one of the easiest ones that counted as some sort of big shit. But man his appearance gives off the vibe like when i first saw a video of him a week before release like he was going to be some end up super boss.

That was his brother

i thought it was a little teaser for some crazy unknowable bullshit but in reality it was just some mundane "fallingstar beast". they made high fantasy into mundane realism somehow. maybe its the if everyones super no one is meme. these titanic crazy looking beasts and demigods all just seemed like they just kinda live in the lands between without much care.

>if hes not doing anything
so never then?

Quite easily the most egregious instance of asset reuse in the game. Would've been better off being another fucking fallingstar beast instead of ruining Astel.