The first one came out the same week as BOTW

>the first one came out the same week as BOTW
>the second one come out the same week as Elden Ring
Was it sabotage or hubris?
I suppose by all proper metrics, Horizon is a large AAA game, but nobody can seriously be naïve enough to think it could directly compete with the 'next big entries' of both Legend of Zelda and Soulsborne series.

Attached: aloy-hfw.jpg (960x878, 92.68K)

maybe its a shitty game that bets too much on its graphics

COPE, TENDIE, COPE.

Attached: MAD.jpg (700x913, 143.69K)

That image doesn't work when it's been Any Forums - Elden Ring for the last month.

why would anyone want to play a feminist game?

How is it feminist?

At the time no one though the new Zelda would end up being that big, it just came out of nowhere and made the competition eat shit

It was worse with Elden Ring, the game got completely forgorten

I just realized what that pic reminds me of

Attached: MV5BZjRkMWYwNjMtZmRhNC00NjIwLWI2ZjItNTEyNmVjNDc4ODFkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_[1].jpg (2667x2667, 1.79M)

so forgotten it gets threads every single day.

>Nobody thought the new zelda would end up being that big

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 79.16K)

Only to laugh at it

Don't worry, I'll buy this game for $20 on a second hand $200 PS5 just like I did for the first game. Just give it a couple years.

>Imaging the entire game dubbed with Zach as Alloy
I will now play your mediocre sequel

From moved their release window. It was never supposed to compete. It’s actual competition was Elex II, no bullshit. That game came out the same week as Horizon and Elden Ring.

It was thought that the Wii U would be the death of Nintendo. Nobody gave a single shit about any game released on it. Breath of the Wild came out of nowhere and revived Nintendo.

Except Zach is funny

It did not come out of nowhere. It caused a fucking issue at e3 because the booth was literally assaulted 24/7 by nerds, people were clamoring for it months before it dropped.

Cado on the 'log

>snoy feminist garbage

Never had a chance.

Not 20 million sales and open world genre killer app level of popular, specially coming from Wii U and Skyward Sword. Literally the first thing people praised it for was how they didn't expect the Zelda team to get it completely right on their first attempt.

Hey Tomar,
What would you do if suddenly Aloy's voice was suddenly replaced by mine? But nothing else in the game changes and nobody seems to notice except you.

Attached: zach.jpg (512x512, 31.57K)

How is it feminist?

At least against BOTW it was 1st party exclusive vs 1st party exclusive, so it kind of made sense and they probably banked on most people being single platform and going for the game on the system they owned. 2, though, I don't know. It's probably hard to justify delaying a finished game to the suits, even if there's a good chance another game will eat its lunch.

We can't fucking escape Elden Ring, what are you talking about. This is like back when Titanic came out, and they kept playing my heart will go n everywhere

Forbidden West isn't flopping (2nd best selling game after Elden Ring) and the original Horizon sold 20 million copies.

user, elden ring moved its release window. What kind of message does it send to move yours after? They had a date and stuck to it.

>Two new games out
>It's the second best selling one
That's not second place, that's last place. Nobody is talking about it, nobody gives a shit about it.

lol

Attached: Elden KING.png (564x442, 44.12K)

I didn't know that, that's pretty interesting. Yeah, it does kind of scream "we know we're gonna get thrashed in sales but if we move our date back people will know."
Doesn't help that the PS5 is still really hard to get a hold of.

Third time's the charm, eh?

Im excited for Horizon 3 because I can't wait for whatever game of the generation that comes out a week after it

Deliberately uglified their main character to make some kind of point about how "real women look like"
LITERALLY all I have seen about this game is related to her and how she is such a good female character, I have no idea what improvements to gameplay (if any) they made from the original.

It was originally supposed to drop like 3 months ago, from is just that bad at optimizing because it still came out a buggy fucked up mess with as always terrible online code. It honestly probably should’ve baked for like another half a fucking year but then it’d be around September. Better move was to drop it after the standard January game drought.

Forget Horizon. Did any of you guys know that Dying Light 2 came out a week before both Horizon and Elden Ring?

A game that probably would've sold great during the summer lull got completely fucked by two behemoths. Why they didn't push it back is beyond me

Attached: Dying Light 2.jpg (616x353, 83.01K)

wow, a PS exclusive has no players on steam. It sure is doing poorly.

Dying Light 2 is garbage and they didn’t even finish it. It’s honestly cyberpunk tier with entire areas utterly devoid of zombies. You can literally stand still during a “chase” and the zombies will not actually chase you or find you, they’ll just run around below you then stop and go away. That game wouldn’t have sold well and held the long term reputation of its predecessor because it’s garbage.

Considering how many times it got delayed, one more push back probably wouldn't have hurt. Loved the first one, though.

lol what are you talking about?
user said elden ring was "completely forgotten" meanwhile it's the top played game on steam

Hubris.

The first one's successful and so is the second. Games aren't movies, you don't lose money by releasing games in the same week. I guarantee most people who bought Elden Ring bought or will buy Horizon assuming they have a PS5.

Cope with what, exactly?
Breath of the Wild is both more popular and more fun than the original Zero Dawn, and you would have to be literally retarded to not see how Elden Ring absolutely mogged the second one.

You steal BoTW's memes. BoTW steals your launch window.

How does sitting on dick all day feel like?

I'd be amazed if Nintendo even knows what Elden Ring is

False. If you don't buy it on launch, you're likely not going to buy it until it goes on discount.

>to make some kind of point about how "real women look like"
This is never mentioned in any way in the game at all. It is a false narrative pushed by anons on this site purely for shitposting purposes in order to farm (you)s
>I have no idea what improvements to gameplay (if any) they made from the original.
Melee got a massive overhaul. Melee combos are a thing now. Human enemies can detect if you are spamming the same combo over and over and will break it with a counter.
The skill tree has something like twice as many options, some of which unlock special weapon techniques or utility abilities.
There are several new weapons and status effects.

They’d built hype for months. It had been half a decade since a Zelda game dropped for an at home console that wasn’t a remake or remaster. People knew it was going to be big when they let people play it at e3. The booth was swamped and it demolished the floor. They knew what you’re saying was what people would originally think so they made absolutely sure it was accessible to the public so that they could witness themselves how much they were doing. It was not a surprise to anyone with a functioning brain.

No he didn't, he said that the PS5 Horizon got completely forgotten.

I can't wait for the Third one so that I can play whatever revolutionary game releases right after it.

Fuck no loser. I'm not getting tricked into buying this movie again. Elden ring actually delivers what it promised. Horizon is just a game of hubris where all the characters deliver endless dialogue and won't ever shut the fuck up. When is the robot dinosaurs hunting this dumb bitch won't shut up.

Explain Miles Morales

I feel bad someone actually wasted time to make that.

user, please get some glasses

Attached: elden ring.png (583x79, 4.72K)

>user said elden ring was "completely forgotten"
Learn how to read, you absolute moron. user said 'it' as regard to the subject of the OP. The subject of the OP is HFW and how it, HFW, failed to compete against its, HFWs, competitors. It, HFW, was completely forgotten.

>I guarantee most people who bought Elden Ring bought or will buy Horizon
You couldn't pay me to play that gross looking cunt.

Attached: 1621864579130.jpg (753x543, 36.98K)

>explain literally the single largest most popular IP in human fucking history selling well vs horizon zero dawn

No? Do you know how fucking popular Spider-Man is? Like for real, do you know how enormous of an IP Spider-Man is?

Dropping next to a zelda game was just retarded. Still pretty retarded to drop the sequel next to Elden Ring, but going by sales(idk what kinda bundle fuckery may or may not have existed) of previous games it probably didn't seem that bad an idea to Sony.

Wasn't a full priced release to begin with
All I know is that if I am not buying a game at launch, then I can wait until it's half priced.
There is no pressure to buy it because I already missed out on the hype.
Did that with Zero Dawn. Will do the same with Forbidden West.

...Are you being retarded on purpose, or did you fail 4th grade English?

>I guarantee most people who bought Elden Ring bought or will buy Horizon assuming they have a PS5.

I have a PS5 and I'm never getting Horizon. I didn't get the first one (didn't even bother pirating the PC version) and I'm not getting this one. Protagonist is ugly, the other characters are ugly (Lance Reddick looks cool and based as always though), THE PROTAGONIST NEVER EVER STOPS TALKING TO HERSELF IN EVERY SINGLE GAMEPLAY VIDEO I SEE OF THE HORIZON GAMES, and the gameplay itself looks dull as fuck.

I saw the post, when he said "game got completely forgotten" he is OBVIOUSLY talking about Horizon.
The wording could have been better I guess.

They will just bundle it with PS5s, put it on PS+, release it on PC, and say it sold 20 million anyway

To be fair, If I owned a PS5, my tastes would be shit enough that I'd buy Horizon.

For the last fucking time they didn’t ever intend to compete with From Software, From moved their release window way before Forbidden West was to drop. You’re not going to spell it out you have 0 confidence in your shitty movie game by moving your own date as a response, you will hold the line. That’s just basic business, moving dates requires an explanation, “we’re afraid of elden ring” would make consumers turn away even more. They were fucked. They never wanted to compete.

*Gave out 20 million copies

No.

It was worse WITH Elden Ring, the game (Elden Ring) got completely forgotten

It wasn't was a comparative statement. He used "with", not "than".

Fake reviews, fake sales, fake success, you guys just call any result you don't like fake just like when your president lost.

What does Pokemon have to do with any of this?

I wont lmao

the memecenter's the giveaway, get rid of it and it's golden