The Biggest Posers

What video game franchise/genre attracts the biggest posers? Any video game with nice aesthetics will bring fan girls who never play them. But that's just low hanging fruit lol.

There are certainly a lot of posers when it comes to fighting games/arena shooters. These dudes just fucking derail for other games and spam threads for games, that at best, have triple digit player counts.

Attached: psx_silenth_screenshot.jpg (650x650, 48.63K)

yakuza, ever since zero. lad also brought out the turn based faggots now the series is dead

I honestly hated Silent Hill the first time I played. You gotta admit the setup isn't the best. Just running into a white void getting kicked in the head by pterodactyls. It's a favorite now but I can't blame people for turning it off.

Every stealth franchise.

persona

Touhou.

there's always there stupid ass fucking memes for these games. baka matai or whatever. i've played these games once and I got mediocre brawler at best.

Fuck you Silent Hill is amazing

It's got a great presentation to it. At least the first game. The base game and sequels have horrendous game mechanics. It's basically classic RE but way less refined. It's either running around empty environments, copy pasted hallways, or backtracking through half the area you have already been in.

why?

Darkstalkers

>MG gets attention because everyone sucks Kojima's dick, tho the only good ones are MGS1 and 3.
>every other stealth franchise is only the first two/three games were good, and then the thread dies
but stealth isn't a genre where people are gonna sit around playing the old shit unless they're speed or challenge runners.

not the case with Silent Hill
maybe with silent hill 2 in particular, but definitely not the first one
also, "poser" is a poser word

Silent Hill doesn't strike like a game younger people would enjoy, even back when it first came out.

I find lukewarm "goldilocks" -tier games always attract normalfag posers. They get to feel like they're sitting at the grown-up table without putting in any real effort to be a part of the discussion.

>"hard"
>it's just mildly inconvenient or poorly optimized

>"mysterious"
>it's just mildly inconvenient or deliberately obtuse

>"deep"
>it makes allusions to Jung or Nietzche for the billionth time

>"scary"
>it's just edgy monsters at a walmart

>"jrpg"
>it's just a VN with lite-RPG "elements"

>"survival horror"
>it's just an action game but the ammo packs are in a drawer

>"stealth"
>it's just headshots only CoD

>"indie game"
>it's a re-tread of something from the 90s

All the "serious" examples of these things will always filter posers because it'll inevitably create more friction than the posers are willing to handle. Posers need a diet version of everything in order to "fit in".

>every other stealth franchise is only the first two/three games were good, and then the thread dies
well, there's not really much to talk about if only a few games are good lol.

I find it's the opposite. If there's no "sekrit club" there's nothing to be posers over. No one acts like a poser over Minecraft, they accept it has a large fanbase. Posers are more about priding themselves over an assumed worth because of something less normalfaggy
e.g. games that were once popular but stagnated, but they hold onto that former popularity like Silent Hill

The vast majority of the SHfags who constantly jerk off over those games have never even played them.

>also, "poser" is a poser word
t. poser

>Posers are more about priding themselves over an assumed worth because of something less normalfaggy
That's a more elegant way of saying a similar thing. The examples I chose were introductory "mild" versions of things that are conventionally seen as "less normalfaggy" options than the mainstream minecraft-y titles.

Earthbound and Mother 3 no contest

half-life 2 takes the cake for the biggest posers out there

Attached: 1647058231883.png (346x346, 139.19K)

I don't want to get into an autistic argument, but it is the opposite and if you disagree that's fine. Your argument is that posers are people who like "normalfag" versions of "hardcore" things. Mine is that posers are people who only like or pretend to like the hardcore version for internet points, and as an addendum barely actually engage with it.

whoops
*but what I feel is the opposite

>posers are people who like "normalfag" versions of "hardcore" things.
>posers are people who only like or pretend to like the hardcore version for internet points, and as an addendum barely actually engage with it.
Understood. I stand corrected, we are saying two seperate things entirely.
In your definition a poser is say, someone who "likes Morrowind", but hasn't really played it.
In my definition a poser is someone who say, "really likes action RPGs" because they played God of War 2018 for 10 hours.