Why are colossal weapons so bad in Elden Ring?

Why are colossal weapons so bad in Elden Ring?

Attached: The+greatsword+in+elden+ring_f86124_9364581.jpg (511x582, 50.51K)

They're not, ur gay

Attached: 1626845330990.jpg (2560x1440, 788.03K)

Wait a minute...is that a reference to...no way...

cause ur noob

what the fuck is everyone's problem with Strength builds in this game? I steamrolled the entire game with pure Strength and had no problem at all with the Greatsword.

If you think colossal weapons are bad then you don't understand how the stagger system works. Spamming jump attacks with a huge weapon completely shits on most bosses.

Cause the enemies are bloodborne fast. They did this with DS3. It's clear they want Bloodborne's speed but they refuse to bring over the dodge system from that game which is what makes these enemies actually fun to fight. That's my reasoning anyway. I'm sure it's full of holes. Anyway I don't do STR builds, I started with ARC and my next run is all DEX and whips. The Belmont run.

>incredible weight
>20lbs

>noble hat : 3.5 lbs

The fuck is this Nioh shit where cloth hats even weight over a pound!?

Attached: 1634758455117.png (456x465, 416.99K)

Because strength scaling sucks ass. The weapons are fine, strength itself sucks.
With a +17 Banished Knight Greatsword infused with flame art i push over 600 AR on my RL75 invader at onlu 30 faith. Same weapon as Heavy with 40 strength doesn't even crack 400 AR.

Strength simply scales badly.

git gud fagboy

Attached: malenia dead.png (1440x810, 2.31M)

>guts sword
>guts armor
>guts Weapon art
>shield
Yuck

You've obviously never swung a real sword

Katanas are around 3lbs but they feel much heavier than that due to the shape and weight distribution

Like even people who bench 200lbs like me still need 2 hands to properly swing a 3lb katana

A 20lb sword would be extremely awkward

MUH GUTS BUILD
MUH GUTS BUILD
MUH GUTS BUILD

>MUH BLEED BUIILD
>MUH BLEED BUILD
>MUH BLEED BUILD

The slowest Elden Ring enemy is faster than the most aggressive Demons Souls enemy, and the movesets have not had their speed increased in 12 years.

didn't they improve stat scaling with the patch yesterday?

Yes

Attached: 20220318001612_1.jpg (1920x1080, 236.8K)

I did too
Uchigatana only does like 150 less damage and is significantly faster and procs bleed is the complaint

Sorry, I'm not a fan of cheesing. I just love laughing at retarded RPfags.

Because the pace of combat is too fast for them, even if you use jumping attacks to mitigate the slow windup you still have to deal with the slow as hell recovery and will most likely trade damage.
Ironically the best STR weapon I've played with so far was a heavy Brick Hammer and have staggered more enemies and bosses because actually having a faster weapon makes all the difference.

was this weapon nerfed?

I don't even like berserk, It was my main weapon in 3 and it'll be for Elden Ring as well

What do you mean bad though? They do high dmg and they have very long reach and stagger. The only real downside to them is that they are very slow compared to other weapons.

What are you talking about? I'm wrecking house in pvp with that thing.

I did, there's not way a slab or iron is 20lbs even with that meager fucking fuller. Do you know how dense iron is? Have you even even lifted iron? An olympic bar is 45lbs. There's no way this slab of iron is just 6 times the weight of a noble cloth hat.

Matter is convoluted in the Lands Between.

It's magic iron

This was before I learned how to survive her anime attack without it

>Not running a Guts build in honor of Miura
come on

>I'm wrecking house in pvp with that thing.
This means NOTHING

It's been almost a year, you have to let go.

Colossal weapons stagger bosses in like 1 jumping attack
>but pvp wahh nerf katanas raaghh waargh

Attached: 1554693066913.jpg (927x859, 143.04K)

How do I sorcerer? I just respecced and my spells do no damage.

>tfw dexfag friend keeps telling me I play on easy mode for using a strength build

Attached: my wife is dead.png (420x420, 470.66K)

>bloodborne shitter
>retarded comment
pottery

There are people here ITT that have no experience the unbridled joy of X2 greatswords