What's the fucking point of this weapon? It's weak, slow and leaves you vulnerable, while also requiring upkeep...

What's the fucking point of this weapon? It's weak, slow and leaves you vulnerable, while also requiring upkeep. Game after game since Tri they just refuse to give it a raison d'ĂȘtre aside from being poor man's dragon option.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 161.37K)

I only played World and only to Icebourne before I stopped but I liked being able to hit monsters in the face itch the upward slash and also the wild swings was fun

It may be weak and slow but it got a lot of soul

>592351281

Striker switch axe is really fun in GU. Keeping up demon riot and energy charge is super fun. To me it feels less slow than charge blade and isnt gay because it doesnt have a shield.

the only thing that applies in Rise is the upkeep so idk what you're on about

Switch Axe has the best DPS in the game, provided the monster is toppled and you can go all out on him

There are different ways to play it but the most effective way in World is to just get amped as quickly as possible and maintain it for pretty much the whole fight, then either spam Zero Sum Discharge repeatedly or spam the B B A sword form attack rotation. In World you can use the mantles to basically just mindlessly use ZSD without a care in the world because you're practically invincible.
The only value of the axe form is that it has really high stagger value and for recharging your sword form.
In Rise you can literally stay in Sword for for the entire fight since there's a bug move that recharges your meter so there's no need to ever use axe mode. Then there's the infinite meter bug move so you can spam ZSD more.

You're an idiot and I hate you.
It's been the most versatile melee weapon for quite a while. Longest reach, consistent damage output, varied movement which doesn't rely on a pussy shield, elemental viability.
It became even better in World as they made both forms more viable, and added a ton of mobility options to morphing.

It's an axe that switches into a sword

Brave could have been the best SA thanks to TWO EXPLOSIONS but charging it into brave mode is such total AIDS and it needs to happen together with demon riot. if the monster fucks off you're left with your dick in your hand

>no need to ever use axe mode
Rapid morph is strong

oh also, in Iceborne you could just clutch claw and then ZSD while clutched which made it insanely easy to just clutch onto a monsters weak point or a part you wanted to break. And in Rise it was a shockingly effective KO weapon if you used the exhaust phial. Pretty much one latch onto a monsters head and you get a KO.

How strong?

ZSD is for faggots and children.

sword mode definetly needs a buff, it can easily be ignored currently. ax mode is okay, but if youre gonna do that you may as well just go longsword.

The only time I like using it is when the monster is trying to run away, staggering them back into the fight is fun.

Nothing weak or slow about it

What in the fuck are you talking about?

the problem with sa is theres no reason to pick it over the greatsword or long sword. its an inferior version of both weapons with a meter that can fuck you out of using one mode. they should give it a meter that charges only and goes up faster with mode changes, or needs two meters charged an ax and a sword one that allows for higher damage or something.

ax mode is a trash long sword and sword mode is a shit greatsword.

The best styles were Brave style and Alchemy style. Alchemy style had the nuance of Striker's HA management with the multiple slots to maintain infinite Demon Riot mode, but it also felt buttery smooth with all the different transition moves you had. Brave pretty much flipped the LET'S FUCKING GOOOOO switch and gave you crazy mobility with Axe mode with rapid switching back and forth to get the insane firepower of Sword mode.

>unironically using LS
>ever
Neck yourself