How good it is, honestly...

How good it is, honestly? It just seems like a regular Demon/Dark Souls/Sekiro/Bloodborne with different story and aesthetics.
It's very different from those? I'm kind of looking to play something that can get me to spend countless hours into (like ds).

Attached: oldjewel.jpg (1920x1080, 322.69K)

It's Souls game but with a really big wide open map connecting all the levels, plus a bunch of short mini-dungeons that mostly reuse bosses sprinkled through the map as a bonus. If that sounds appealing to you then you'll like it.

It's trash.
>character creator makes you select body type A/B
>you play as a virgin
>the tree sentinels are 100% aryans who wear variants of the same golden armor, they want to kill you on sight
>every time they kill you they say "such an inferior being, wil do good soap"
>The final boss is a tranny who is revealed to be the actual hero who is trying to protect the world from the actual villain which is a conservative white woman who insist on calling you with female or male pronouns despite no one else doing this.
>The helpful NPCs are all black who have white maidens by their side
>One of the gestures in the game is a strange mix between praise the sun and twerking
>All of the dungeons have female bosses, you often will beat a creature and then a stronger female boss will appear.
>There's a mention of gamergate (it's very subtle)
>One of the NPCs references Rosa Parks
>When you get the option to change your appearance (yes even gender) an NPC will tell you "I'm glad you are proud of who you really are"
>there's a BLM mural inside a cave that is all way to end of the world, the description says "a painting dedícated to those brave warriors outiside of the Elden Ring" once you find this you can get an armor called "Armor of St. King" (reference to Rodney King, victim of Police brutality)
>The merchants will often mention of how there's always "evil beings" stealing the lighting of more deserving people (probably a reference to how niggers believe that Edison stole a niggers invention when he made the lightbulb despite this not being true)
>There's a Chadwick Bozeman reference, in a scroll who tells the story of a warrior that was "as fierce as a panther"
There's lots of other shit fromsoft crammed in here just to tell us that they hate their audience and are pro white genocide.

The game's highlights are on par with the best the series has to offer. Its low points are as abysmal as Dark Souls 1 and 2 unfinished levels.
The variety dwarfs anything else the series has to offer.
The world is huge and the amount of content is on par with any Skyrim game, for good or ill.
Combat is middle-of-the-road for the most part, except for the variety of skills and weapons. Instead of expecting you to master the basics like Sekiro or Bloodborne, Elden Ring wants you to embrace total bullshit of what's available to the player, again for good or ill.
The horse is fun but ultimately janky. It is better than Mount and Blade of BotW horse combat however.
Summons are one of the biggest game changer besides swappable weapon skills.

It is not a tight experience like Sekiro or Bloodborne. It is big and broad and sprawling. The quality is all over the place, but now and then it's great.

It's a fucking blast. The wanderlust is real. It's like I'm playing Breath of the Wild for the first time again. I found the key to get into the magic university, and found a detour there that took me to a volcano area. I had to fight several robot-torture machine-snake things and got dumped out on a mountaintop. I climbed the mountain to find more robots raping and torturing soldiers, colonies of monkey-goblins, and at the peak a crystalline cyclops bull that could control gravity stood in my way. I beat that and found the path to a large mansion, where people gather to issue assassination contracts. All that because I just wanted to go to magic school.

It's incredibly addictive and I'll go "Oh I'll just spend 15 minutes doing this one thing" and before long five hours have passed because I ended up doing a bunch of things related to that one thing in the meantime.

its good up till the last 2 hours where they make you do the artificial difficulty boss rush

So im not the only one? I like the game, always was a bit disappointed because it's more like bloodborne/Das3 than Das1. I still tried to enjoy it for what it is but that last boss rush was too much. I spent 2 hours defeating Godfrey with no cheese. It was fun. But having to do the same shit right after was instantly shit. Why, why did they made most bosses a fight where you just memorise everything until you can do it reliably? Why did they ditch the heavy realistic movement that was much more adaptive and predictable (in a good way). I don't want to go back to the game. I don't want to spend hours learning yet another boss. It's not challenging, just unfun. Maybe if they didn't fill the game with these bosses. I am so utterly defeated and disappointed

Elden Ring is the worst soulsborne experience.
Elden Ring truly proved that FromSoftware is incapable of comprehending what their true fans enjoyed about their soulsborne games. The pattern is clear now more than ever, any FromSoftware project that has Yui Tanimura involved in anyway, will be either mediocre or garbage. Hidetaka Miyazaki said that with Elden Ring "he had to delegate things to others more than usual" and it shows. Elden Ring is not a good soulsborne game, it is one of the worst, if not the worst:
>Open world causes a lot of padding and time wasting by just running around on your mount looking for the good parts.
>Open world forced them to add a mount and thus mounted combat, which is far inferior to the traditional unmounted combat. Even FromSoftware understood this and disabled mounts in multi-player.
>Open world ruins the traditional progression of difficulty in zones and especially boss fights, the bosses are either too hard because you are underleveld or too easy because you are overleveld, it is an unrefined and unfocused mediocre experience.
>Spirit ashe summon system casualizes the entire game, it is literally an EASY MODE that completely breaks the game and boss AI. Some of the spirit ashe summons at +10 (mimic/tiche/oleg) can solo bosses with you just standing there and watching, doing nothing else. Unlike traditional summons, spirit ashe summons do not give the boss a boost in HP and stats.

Elden Ring outsold all previous FromSoftware soulsborne games COMBINED, it is literally over for FromSoftware ARPGs as we know them. All future ARPG projects by FromSoftware will feature an open world of some sort.

Attached: FromSoftware Teams.png (2130x2076, 774.98K)

Retards like you don't help. This is an obvious disingenuous attempt at criticising the game. It has flaws, but you fucking retards just cling onto things that are simply not game breaking. All of your issues can be "fixed" through player agency. You can just follow the graces and have your traditional souls experience. You can just explore the interesting bits in your map. You can just not use the mounted combat. You can just not use ash summons. Instead of going after the cheap combat of huge combos, feints and mandatory AOE attacks in every boss, no. You just go with a false narrative. You are doing as much damage as the retarded fans, because every valid criticism will be grouped up with your stupid ones.

>This is an obvious disingenuous attempt at criticising the game.
You didn't play the previous soulsborne games, you do not comprehend what a good soulsborne game is, everything I said is spot on and the only correct criticism of Elden Ring. Everything wrong with Elden Ring is because of the open world. Die from cancer subhuman son of a whore.
>It has flaws, but you fucking retards just cling onto things that are simply not game breaking.
Brainlet, low IQ and a clueless statement. Are you one of those faggots that claims the late game enemies and bosses are too hard? lol, that is one of the FEW GOOD THINGS ABOUT ELDEN RING. Die from cancer subhuman son of a whore. The OPEN WORLD is the main problem of elden ring and the root cause for all the secondary problems it introduced.

God help you if you're being serious.

The bosses are good? Are you smoking reefer? Do you genuinely find it fun to memorize every single boss's patterns? Or the alternative of using something cheesy? That is all it amounts to. What do you think is good about the bosses. One of my favorite things in the game is the exploration by far, especially in the earlier areas

>artificial difficulty
Godfrey and Radagon are two of the most honest fights in the game, what the fuck are you smoking? Even Beast is pretty fair and has a ton of windup and telegraphing on its attacks.

>You can just follow the graces and have your traditional souls experience.
No, you can't. Traditional soulsborne experience = 100% legacy dungeon content. You can't recreate that in Elden Ring. You never played the previous soulsborne games, die form cancer low IQ son of a whore.
>You can just not use the mounted combat.
Some bosses are designed for mounted combat, die from cancer, instead of defending games you clearly haven't played. I wish I could rape your mother and behead your father, I will when WW3 pops off, you subhumans need to be killed enmasse.
>You can just not use ash summons
Me not using them doesn't magically change the fact that Elden Ring is casualized dogshit.
>Instead of going after the cheap combat of huge combos, feints and mandatory AOE attacks in every boss
These are the only GOOD THINGS about Elden Ring.

You are a low IQ subhuman son of a whore casual faggot and Elden Shit Ring is your first soulsborne experience, you do not understand what soulsborne is or should be. You complain about the few good things that Elden Ring has that is inline with soulsborne formula, yet ignore all the dogshit generic open world cancer and casualization it introduced.

I will rape your mother and behead your father in WW3, you are weak sperm.
>You just go with a false narrative.
You being allowed to live is a false narrative. Die from aids/cancer you low IQ subhuman son of a whore casual faggot. GTFO from soulsborne genre, go back to ubisoft.
>You are doing as much damage as the retarded fans, because every valid criticism will be grouped up with your stupid ones.
I and people who agree with me are the only TRUE FANS of soulsborne games. The open world is the main problem with Elden Ring and only valid criticism, it causes everything wrong with the game.

Holy shit, thanks for the laugh

Its good. There are real criticisms for sure, the endgame boss rush will make you pull your fucking hair and sour your final memories, but the game itself is one of the best released in years.
These overly long word salad copypastas you're getting in these thread are actually ingenious rehearsed statements by schizo tranny discords.

>The bosses are good? Are you smoking reefer?
Yes. the challenging late game bosses and enemies are the only good thing about Elden Shit Ring, but they aren't as good as Sekiro and Bloodborne bosses, that is for sure.
>Do you genuinely find it fun to memorize every single boss's patterns?
Low IQ subhuman son of a whore, you don't need to memorize shit, just react in time and dodge. Soulsborne games have never been "trial and error" unless you have subhuman reaction times and low IQ. Don't greed for damage, dodge properly, you can kill all bosses within 3 tries if you do this properly, if you can't, then you have subhuman geenes and should go back to interactive movies, not soulsborne genre.
>Or the alternative of using something cheesy?
FromSoftware nerfing hoarfrost and other OP abilities is a good start, we need much more nerfs, many more of the spirit ashe summons need to be nerfed hard and repeatedly. Eat shit casual. Elden Shit Ring is the easiest and most casualized soulsborne game, yet you casuals still can't beat it without complaining like pussies. You are weak sperm from weak generation.
>One of my favorite things in the game is the exploration by far, especially in the earlier areas
Yes, because you are a low IQ subhuman who enjoyes wasting time. Running around on your mount in a dogshit boring time wasting OPEN WORLD is not exploration, it is time wasting, fake gameplay. Only true exploration exists in the LEGACY DUNGEONS, a.k.a traditional soulsborne content.

You have never played the previous soulsborne games, you are a poser, I will rape your whore mother and behead your father in WW3.

Attached: 1634179528465.jpg (680x570, 81.24K)

>Do you genuinely find it fun to memorize every single boss's patterns?
Yes?

Where did the invisible goblin go? He said to find a cave on the shore and get his shit back, haven’t found the cave or him since

> fierce as a panther
> assumes it's about capeshit
Cat Men weren't invented by disney

Attached: 7EDAACBC-4431-4DD8-8FB3-AEA64C2B951D.jpg (480x290, 21.05K)

>How good it is, honestly?
Not very.

Attached: 1619366831602.png (2530x1100, 573.95K)

If you saw my face IRL you would shit your pants. If you saw my heigth and muscles you would lower your head and posture in submission. I will kill many of you weak sperm subhumans, I will rape your mothers and sisters, I will behead your fathers, when WW3 pops off and chaos is unleashed, you and your ilk will suffer. Civilization and technology have allowed to many subhumans from spreading, nature will set things right sooner or later.

Sekiro isn't a Souls game.

It's on the fuckin shore south of where you started

It's good but it's undeniably just more of the same which is pretty disappointing, with the change of name I was hoping it would at least be as different from Dark Souls as Sekiro or Bloodborne were but it's effectively just Dark Souls 4.

Sanest Elden ring player

Geometrically it's the biggest game they've made. It has a really large variety of overworld, castle, cavern, and dungeon environments and the most enemies and bosses of any of their games (even if it also has the most boss repeats too). If you liked playing the other Souls games then you should theoretically love Elden Ring, although it depends on precisely why you liked them. Also, story-wise, I think this is their best one; I really like the Roundtable Hold more than any of the other hub areas (and I started with Demon's Souls on PS3).

Invading is bullshit because it’s gank squad every time and you are severely gimped. Also because 95% of the player base are drooling retards who can’t into originality.