Melee

>melee
>35 vigor
>wearing the heaviest armor I have found
>still kills me in 2 hits
what the fuck is the point, are these bosses made to be cheesed? it's not even that it kills me in two hits, there is nothing intuitive about fighting this faggot
literally all you can do is memorize its pattern

Attached: faggot.jpg (640x360, 33.14K)

You literally answered your own question, doofus

Armor has always been about fashion over function. Be lighter and look good.

I can't kill the first boss :(
I'm level 8 and it's all in vIt. I can get him to like half health but man it's takes like 30 minutes.

Just get on your horse and cheese him.

>just cheese him or spend hours memorizing his pattern
that's just outright fucking tedious

>are these bosses made to be cheesed?
Yes. Get close to them then dodge behind them. Once he starts doing his shield slam, attack him and dodge so that you are behind him again. He'll get stuck in a loop doing his shield slam.

Dark Souls
>get hit
>focus and dodge next attack
>heal, lesson learned for next time
Elden Ring
>get hit
>dodge 5 subsequent attacks with perfect accuracy for the chance to heal
>while healing take 1/4 damage because boss has input reads
Two hit rule made sense in the older games where bosses gave you time to heal and recover. In this game with spaz attack combo bosses it's retarded because two hits is basically instakill.

>there is nothing intuitive about fighting this faggot literally all you can do is memorize its pattern
Correct.
Every souls game with the exception of DeS and DS1 has this problem.

This is how you spot newfags, fromdrones, and casual redditfags. They eat this shit up, with no concept of what it was that made the earlier games good in the first place.

They're told that it's good, so they think it's good.

Well, what did you expect by playing a game made by autistic people?

>attack him while he's doing the shield bash
the motherfucker can literally follow up his shield bash with an AOE with very little time frame to dodge if you decide to attack him after the first part lol

Armor is literally pointless in these games, the defense stats are purely a placebo

gitgud

Nailed it. Fights take for fucking ever despite you dealing more damage than any other entry because you get in 1 hit every 30 seconds.

He never does the AoE if you dodge the slam backwards, or even slightly to the side but still away from him, even if you run back in to attack him.

hmmm thanks for the tip, I will try that. I couldn't tell when the AOE was coming so I had to just wait and get 1 hit in or dodge

>heavy armor
I made this mistake for a long time, trust me it just gets worse. Heavy armor is fucking dogshit in this game, I played for over 50 hours using it with 40 vit and a lot of endurance before enough was enough. Later area enemies were hitting me for near 50% of my hp still and my poise was nonexistent like always. I would say just look at your stamina bar and decide how much you want, put that much into endurance then just use armor that is light enough to allow you to use what weapons you want. There are a few talismans that increase how much you can carry by a ton so just find those and use them to boost up your weight load if needed.

Use something other than katanas, fag

Who? The tree sentinel? Just walk around him and come back later, you don't have to kill him right away.

>just use horse
Always the dumbest suggestions in these threads, and I'm convinced that people calling Torrent cheating haven't played the game or are shitposting. Yeah let me just turn every 2 shot into an effective one shot as my make a wish candidate of a horse explodes in 1 hit from any attack with a semblance of tracking, then makes me sit for 9 hours on the ground while the enemy savors slowly dragging it's nutsack across my face. As if the 10 fold difficulty in aiming attacks wasn't enough. Have yet to fight any tree sentinel or night Cavalry on horse due to how shit it is, Torrent is only good for dragons because they're too big to miss, too slow to track you, and have otherwise unavoidable fire.

Yeah, I've fought 4 different versions of him, and the only time he went for the explosion after shield slam was when I dodged the slam towards him. I guess the window in which the AI checks if you are in range for the blast is very small.

How the FUCK are you supposed to deal wit the fatboy not!harald knights that occupy the sewers under the capital? Having to deal with all these faggots is the most frustrating shit. They have a million HP and are tanky as shit. They hit hard and are surprisingly spry for their size. They have projectile attacks with high tracking.

Is there some "trick" to beating them because needing to do like a dozen criticals just to topple ONE of these guys is bullshit. Hell, I can blast an entire FP bar of Comet Azur and it'll do like a quarter of their HP at best.

You can stagger them and finish them off easily with colossal weapons