Is pic related a franchise worth getting into? Where should I start?

Is pic related a franchise worth getting into? Where should I start?

Attached: bl.jpg (299x168, 12.59K)

No because this is how it'll go:
>Play BL1
>Boring and drab early game, typical mid-late 2000s shooter
>Play BL2
>Pretty fun, decent variety, fun bosses, pretty good DLC, decently written characters and story
>Play BL3
>Ruin every good thing you experienced over the last 2 games by having such an incomprehensibly garbage & forced plot and characters with pisspoor quest design. Oh, but, at least the gunplay is better

first one is fine
second one is good
pre sequel is pretty good too
3 has a horrible story but you can skip the cutscenes,the rest of the game is pretty good too

>Not playing Pre-Sequel
Filtered

I did but in the grand scheme of things it's so fucking forgettable that I even forgot it existed. It's like the telltale games but slightly less bad

>BL2
>decently written characters and story
>decently written

Attached: 1560745596870.png (554x554, 47.42K)

Peak Reddit game

t.reddit post

BL3 is the best in the series and the story was always dogshit

test

I like 1 the best.

>t. - niggers who didn't play 1 & 2 at their respective release dates
Would agree it aged like milk though

No

not matter when you play 2 it will forever have absolute dogshit cringe inducing dialogue

You just have to embrace the reddit humour. Think of it like watching a Marvel movie.

>niggers who didn't play 1 & 2 at their respective release dates
They were worse at release than they are now though.

Countless bugs, lacking content, terrible balancing (still pretty bad without community patches), mediocre bosses, lackluster build diversity.

Also yes, they've aged like shit. I can barely play an hour of BL2 after the gameplay of BL3, it's basically unplayable at this point.

There are do many things I like about the pre sequel but I just can't bring myself to replay it all the way anymore. The small maps just burn me out and janey springs is insufferable. Claptastic Voyage is fucking great though.

>embrace the reddit humour
>watching a Marvel movie.

Attached: no.jpg (300x294, 12.24K)

start and stop at Borderlands 1, the rest is worse

Mostly meant in regard to writing and characters & how they are kind of products of their time.

It's why 3 doesn't work, because it reskins 2's writing but reskins it to be written by an angsty millenial.

Nope. The games suck and Randy Pitchford is a faggot.

Borderlands 2 is a 10/10 game with stunningly good map, dungeon, and enemy design. And a good script honestly. Everyone should play it.

That's fucking horrible and you know it. Just mute the damn thing.

Play the first 3 games with a buddy and play the telltale game

Yeah I couldn't finish BL3

compared to the average videogame bl2 is well written.
That's not a high bar, but that's what passes for "decent" in comparison. Say what you will but i still remember who handsome jack is. I can't remember who the villain in 1 even was

Only play the first one, every other game is fucking dog shit

>Borderlands 2 is a 10/10 game
oh no no no no

>compared to the average videogame bl2 is well written.
*handsome Jack is well written. Everything else is garbage.

how is it the setting and background story for these games is so great yet the presentation of the main story is just fucking dogshit in 2 onward? were they written by completely different people that weren't allowed to interact with eachother at all?

>handsome Jack is well written
yes.
having just one (1) character that's well written already puts you well above 90% of modern games

Just play 2.
2 goes extremely cheap on sale, it outright eclipses 1 in quality to the point of outright replacing it, 3 is only better in some places compared to 2 so it doesn't replace 2.

So basically
1. Play BL2
2. (Optional) Play Pre-Sequel if you just want to have more of BL2 in a psudeo-expansion pack form and learn why Lilith is the worst character
3. (Optional) Play Tales from the Borderlands and see what Borderlands could be when written by decent writers
4. (Optional) Play BL3 which if you really like BL2 may as well, and see what Borderlands is when written by retards.