How do I git gud at this? It's the only one I haven't played, and it's filtering the shit out of me. Any tips?

How do I git gud at this? It's the only one I haven't played, and it's filtering the shit out of me. Any tips?

Also Sekiro bread I guess

Attached: Sekiro_art.jpg (280x350, 42.84K)

I think you parry or something idk

Blocking and parrying are generally favorable to dodging.
If you do dodge, just hold the button to continue into a sprint instead of trying to spam dodge like in DS
You recover posture more quickly when you're guarding, so if your posture meter is high just back up and hold guard.
Unlock Mikiri Counter if you haven't already

mmm...yes. Ashina bread.

Attached: IMG_20220214_204323.jpg (1920x1080, 196.8K)

Did they have sex?

Attached: 346234646.png (937x601, 799.38K)

Attack until you get deflected. Deflect until you have an opening to attack again. When the red kanji appears to announce a perilous attack, identify if it's a sweep, grab, or thrust and respond correctly. Use prosthetic tools to maintain aggression so your enemy can't recover posture. Some enemies have special weaknesses to certain items or tools, which are usually relayed to you through item descriptions or eavesdropping.

So who was this guy??? The Tengu I mean.

On the off-chance you're not memeing, it's Isshin

Your posture can't be broken as long as you are deflecting, you recover posture by holding block.

Forcing enemies into blocking is very powerful in this game. Not only you eat their posture but you also limit their options. Make them block you until they deflect you, this strategy alone will carry you far.

Firecrackers are a good crutch as they can stun groups of enemies. Use jumping for repositioning and escaping grabs, dodge should be used more deliberately to punish certain moves as it doesn't cover much distance. Unlock and master mikiri, it obliterates all red kanji thrusts in the game, this includes kicks, not just spears. You don't have to press forward, just press B.

Practice parrying until you can do it perfectly.

You can literally spam the parry button to beat the game. And no im not shitting you.

Is she actually evil?

Attached: IMG_20220204_153944.jpg (1920x1080, 103.46K)

Only in pc, you can't spam the button fast enough in consoles

People who tell you to spam L1 never figured out just how overpowered your attack is in the game. Both L1 and R1 overpowered as fuck.

The experience in console is totally different. The controller makes a difference.

she's not evil. she protects the kid if you choose to follow Owl.

People use pads on PC as well. What makes a difference is the input lag.

Every consecutive press shortens the parry window, don't do this.

Still works.

But take into consideration that in Severance she hides KEY information to save the kid. She consciously CHOOSES wolf over the integrity of the child. For some strange reason it reminds me of that phenomenon in nature where some predators kill their offspring for survival or reproduction.

Not much of a souls guy (yet maybe). Is Sekiro a souls game? A [spoile]reviewer or analyst or whatever the fuck[/spoiler] basically heavily implied that it was a soulslike.

I played with a controller that has vibration enabled on pc, but a general guideline would be holding down block to get a good sense of the timing for a combo then hitting block to parry in sync with when the hits connect. If you don't know already, you can hold the block button to refill your posture meter quicker. The spear is particularly useful against some of the bosses, firecrackers are another good tool, the umbrella has a slightly longer window it can parry in. I'd make sure to master mikiri counter/jumping vs sweep attacks, and the lightning reversal as landing those is huge. When jumping over a sweep attack you can also jump off their head for posture damage. in terms of the scrolls you get I'd focus on getting anything related to posture from Ashina and Shinobi arts. Once you get mortal draw/empowered mortal draw you'll want to try to figure out ways to use them vs bosses and tougher enemies as they're really strong, be sure to jump when you use it. Other than that be sure to learn the final art from a scroll, the Shinobi final art is probably the best one to go for early. Ichimonji double is another really art to use.

Sekiro is an action game. No builds and far better combat compared to souls.

The meme about Sekiro being a rhythm game isn't a meme. Listen as much as you watch, most enemy attacks have audio cues that you can use to time your deflections.

Don't drop your guard. Unlike Dark Souls, your 'stamina' recovers while you block, so if you're already on the defensive STAY defensive, block until you can find an opening.

When you get the chance to be aggressive, BE AGGRESSIVE. Swing as much as you can, use your skills. Floating Passage can be bought from the Pot Noble at Hirata and works really well against solo enemies to deal a lot of chip and posture damage at once, but against bosses you generally want to stick with swings. A lot of enemies in the game- Snake-Eyes, Long-Arm Centipedes, and a good amount of the bosses -are designed to punish you for not staying in.

With the balance patch they released, Spirit Emblems aren't nearly as hard to get. Use your prosthetics against midbosses. Snake-Eyes perilous attack can be shut down with the umbrella. Poison does a lot of posture damage to ghosts. Fire fucks up Red Eyes HARD. The Kunai are fantastic for softening enemy health up so you can do proper posture damage.

Most bosses require a mixture of health and posture damage. Don't bother trying to get perfect deflects on a boss you haven't chipped the health down on, because you won't do enough damage to their posture for it to matter.

It has its similarities, but it's the most distinct of any of them. It has the bonfire/estus system and the camera and lockon are similar, but it's not an RPG, it's like a more action-oriented Tenchu game,

>If you do dodge, just hold the button to continue into a sprint instead of trying to spam dodge like in DS

Too lazy to run the game, can i do this in elden ring?

Stand and fight. Face challenges head on. Do not circle strafe to try and get an advantage like in other From games. Dodging is only for very select attacks, meet everything else with your sword.

>is Sekiro a souls game?
Please first play Tenchu (1999) and then try Sekiro (2019) allow yourself to live that experience.

combat system provides auditory clues as to when a counterattack is coming.

No, ER has the same dodge/sprint as DS.