Streets of rage 4

Never played a streets of rage game but this appeals to me, what are your thoughts on the game? Mindless fun? Hows the soundtrack most importantly

Attached: 1620284233767.jpg (2048x2048, 1.37M)

It can be mindless but there's a lot to finesse if you want. I know the dlc added new moves to characters as well but I never played it just the base game. I think it's fucking great, beat it a handful of times alone and online with strangers. I dunno what kind of music you like but the soundtrack here is incredible. Easily 8 or 9/10.

street of rage 2 is my favorite, never played 4 the art style is unappealing to me

I could get the entire game and dlc for $20, from the looks of it seems like a good deal. Alright thanks

That one doesn't play like a real SoR game
Get Streets of Rage Remake instead.

SoR4 is SoR in name only
It's a generic beat 'em up with juggling and expects you to get fucking hit and regain health via damaging

My thoughts is that I want the Shiva bodytype, natty.

Attached: sheeva.png (800x800, 193.33K)

>fucking hit and regain health via damaging
Sounds great

Mostly mindless but that's all beat'em ups and it's not a bad thing. It's a great game, plays like a beefed up 2 with a more cartoon aesthetic, but it's well made in all aspects.

I prefer Streets of rage Remake over SOR4

I don't know shit about SoR, probably played a bit hundreds of years ago. About the ost, listened to it yesterday and I'm in love with it

I don't need weapons
I am the weapon.

It's the best beat em up ever made.

I liked it so much I went back and played the old ones for the first time. It's just fun wailing on niggas. Fuck Galsia.

thank mr mustal

Should i play on the hardest difficulty off the bat? Or learn the game first on normal?

It's the worst in the series. The series progresses really well from 1 -3 then 4 just takes ten steps backwards and undoes all the improvements the original devs made.

Play the megadrive trilogy, and make sure you play the japanese version of 3 instead of the US one.

it's a good game and can either be brainless or it can be highly technical depending on how motivated you are to get those S-ranks.

>The series progresses really well from 1 -3
I personally never liked 3

Every SoR4 thread two guys pop in within 20 posts, one says 4 sucks and to play Remake instead while giving some bullshit reason, and the other says that 4 is a downgrade from 3 because there isn't universal running/rolling as if the game didn't add a ton of mechanics and content.

It's a little tired at this point.

Attached: 1593280211878.jpg (661x623, 192.47K)

Fun game with some good mechanics. Also take some time to play the rest of the series. As for the music,damn good. SoR 4 has the 3rd best soundtrack in the series.

Motherfuckers always want to ruin someone's fun

I am the weapon

Attached: 1635051362321.png (300x300, 48.78K)

>he can't detect BRs
literally how new

on topic, i'm still waiting for the final patch

Attached: 2021-09-02 11-34-52.webm (960x540, 2.99M)