On paper this feels like it should be the greatest game ever made but every time I play it it never really clicks with...

On paper this feels like it should be the greatest game ever made but every time I play it it never really clicks with me which is weird because I adore both NG and DMC. It's not because of lack of trying either, I think I've replayed this game like 5 times.

Am I crazy or does anyone else feel the same?

Attached: Bayo1.jpg (300x300, 32.88K)

Games with female protagonists are garbage for trannies.

I think it's because of dodge offset being weird to learn as well as the fact that combos don't have as much utility as they do in DMC. In Bayo you're just building up to the next wicked weave but in DMC you're varying your moves while trying to not get hit while also keeping track of your DT gauge. All moves feel important in DMC but in Bayo most of her combos are important for the wicked weave attack they give at the end.

I really like it. It should go more of a DMC5 route though, a lot of the gameplay that isn't combat gets annoying fast. Fuck the minigames and other bullshit like that.

>that isn't combat
That isn't just normal combat without any gimmicks I mean.

sassy confident chicks can be intimidating, even in vidya, lmaooooo

>I really like it. It should go more of a DMC5 route though, a lot of the gameplay that isn't combat gets annoying fast. Fuck the minigames and other bullshit like that.

I think the set pieces and minigames are kind of a core part of Bayonetta so I doubt they'll go away. I do think they should make a version of the campaign that removes them for replays though.

None of the missions are fun to learn, the weapons and abilities aren't all that impactful, the combat requires a bunch of inputs to do anything significant, the enemy design is very samey, the environments are bland and get reused, and the characters aren't likable.

Funny, I was thinking of playing this as my next game. Is it any good?

It's good but it can be quite overwhelming. Not just because of the over the top story and crazy events, but also because it has quite a learning curve with unorthodox mechanics like wicked weaves and dodge offset. It also does that thing where you get more powerful if you play well, but punished if you play badly, expect to die quite a lot on normal and get stone trophies..

Ive replayed the game 4 times (3 runs of normal, 2 runs of hard, and 1 nsic). Ive had 200 failed attempts of getting PP on nsic A tower to truth. I'd have to say its flawless, especially the Jeanne boss fights.
Yes its very fun. The SSStylish personality is baked into the combat and the enemy designs are really cool. The worse level missile riding one and the best boss is fights are the Jeanne encounters.

I loved Sekiro and like DMC, is it similar to them?

Much more similar to DMC, it's like a mix of DMC and NG. Long combos but with less commitment and more aggressive enemies.

Never played Ninja Gaiden, how hard is it compared to DMC ?

Its top 5 games ever made.

Easier than DMC4 and DMC5, about as hard as DMC1 and DMC3, maybe slightly harder.

>Easier than DMC4 and DMC5

Meant harder

How much of the game requires you to use melee or can you just play keep away most of the time with the exception of bosses?

Its a hack and slash game, so all of it.

the gun aspect of bayonetta is more of a stylistic thing and helps accentuate the core mechanics. It's not meant to be something you use.

That being said bayonetta does have long reach when using wicked weaves but those require you to spend magic or finish combos

Yes but you have to play it multiple times

The biggest problem I have with the game is that the melee hits are shit, all the power is backloaded into the Wicked Weaves and it feels like shit. Also the weapons have almost no combo variation, only the charge modifiers changes.

Attached: 1628162982706.jpg (1000x1000, 516.91K)