This game turns into absolute shit once you leave Fyrestone

This game turns into absolute shit once you leave Fyrestone.

Attached: Borderlandscover.jpg (258x387, 72.18K)

The game is shit as soon as it begins. There's no saving it.

It felt okay at first. Nice environment design, cool atmosphere. But then you leave the starting area and the game turns into a drab and lifeless monotony of walking through junkyards, the majority of the game is like a bad tech demo.

it's still the best borderlands game, best and coolest variety of guns, no dumb poop jokes and stale memes to ruin the atmosphere and world building, just a nice chill treasure hunting game in a cool "Mad Max in space" world

I just beat the game Mordecai and the gun leveling is fucking insane. I used a level 25 revolver until I was level 38 and the gun I replaced it with was only marginally better.

>best and coolest variety of guns
Having just spent 60 hours playing it, I can't say I like the guns. Most of them feel shit to use aside from the Justice revolvers and Jakobs snipers. And most of them behave the exact same way across manufacturers, pretty sure every manufacturer has their flavor of "12 bullet mag firing a three-round burst" AR but they're all the same.

I'll say that the tone and atmosphere being serious is something the later games really miss and BL1 did best. Pandora felt dangerous and like a shitty and serious place but gradually that just gets forgotten.

i get where you're coming from, a lot of guns across various manufacturers have significant overlap, but there are weapon modifiers that were never seen again after BL1 or were relegated to a single legendary weapon that you're never gonna encounter without grinding for it, here's a list of examples
>thumper SMGs
>anarchy SMGs
>TMP repeaters, which could be full auto or burst fire
>masher revolvers, which in later games would be restricted to a legendary drop
>revolvers, snipers, and shotguns with variable cylinder sizes
>ALL of the eridian weapons
there are probably more that i forgot or didn't know about, but do you see where i'm coming from? i don't want to have to grind for an hour just to get ONE gun that's actually interesting and unique, later games over-homogenized the guns and ruined the treasure hunting aspect by turning it all into a grind

and i miss the serious world building too, man. seeing what BL2, the pre-sequel and 3 have turned the fucking universe into makes me weep.

what always bothered me about the game is having to go back the bounty board to collect your rewards, also enemies are way too fucking accurate. i know they always have co-op in mind and it was the first game but damn they never ever fucking miss.

>and i miss the serious world building too
BL1 didn't have any.

that is not a bad thing, i've been playing tps and i've reached level 40, now most of my weapons last a level or 2 because once they jump a level they get way fucking better, and so does the enemies. only legendries really stand out.

That's the best part.

>offline mmo
No thanks

yeah, it's actually insane.
on my last playthough i got one of those multi-shot SMGs in purple quality at level ~17.
shit lasted me until the tail end of the second playthough.

BL1 lore
>you're traveling to a far-flung end of the known universe to hunt for mythical ancient alien treasures on a complete wasteland shithole of a planet populated primarily by former slave-labor convicts turned ravenous psychopaths who have acclimated to surviving in the hinterlands after being abandoned by the mining arm of a weapons manufacturing megacorporation who colonized the planet in search of aforementioned ancient alien treasure and technology after the ventures failed to turn a profit in a short enough time

BL3 lore
>you're A BAD ASS SUPER ANIME HERO with a HECKIN BEESECHURGER CANNON and LE EBIN WUBSTEP GUNS DUDEEEEE IT'S SO WHOLESOMERINO KEANU CHUNGUS XD

more like "this game turns into absolute shit once you launch it"

fpbp. I thought it was okay for the time, and the whacky and cuhrazyness wasn't something every 3 seconds yet. Still garbage and inspired an even worse trend though.

BL1 lore
>I like it so I describe it in good terms
BL2 lore
>I dislike it so I write the same premise in all caps and as dumb as possible
cool

go back

It's always been like the latter. It just increased every game along with the VA budget.

yes. because the 3rd game has a dumb story that makes fun of itself and has no good reason to exist.

Seems like someone's discord is salty about the last few Borderlands threads.

been replaying it
i played siren to lvl 50 when i got the ps4 version and been playing thru with turret guy, just finished first playthru the other day but now i burnt out already.
i played the ps3 games to death now they seem like work
bl1 trying to grind lvling weapon skills....ugg

I didn't play 3 yet. I played 2. It had much better story than BL1. Then again, BL1 did not have a story.
>primary antagonist appears in the end out of the blue
>gets vored by Gene Worm
Cool

just some lighthearted pre-sperging about how fucking awful Tiny Tina is before BL2: Tiny Tina DLC Part Two: BL3 Edition gets released

i never said i played BL1 for the story, i enjoyed it the most because its the best treasure hunting game in my opinion.
it's story was weak and lacked presence and impact, but that's kind of like complaining about the mediocre salad you got with your steak dinner.
BL2's story had more presence and impact, but it wasn't exceptional at all. it had writing that ranged from passable to good, and the entire plot was carried by Handsome Jack and his phenomenal voice acting and character arc.
however, it was at this point in the series where certain "jokes" did nothing but sully the lore and undermine the plot. remember what an ass-pull it was when Roland died and Lilith was kidnapped? Anthony Burch literally had to make up a McGuffin to nullify and control siren powers, and retcon New-U's so they could kill a major character at a dramatic moment. that kinda sucks, doesn't it? good stories don't get worse like that when you think about them too much.