What was Any Forums like when pic related was first released?

What was Any Forums like when pic related was first released?

Attached: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (1076x1325, 260.69K)

Still shit, just VERY slightly less shit.

People complained and called it "overrated" all the time. But now they love it I guess.

The board was nowhere near as spammed

Retard. Nobody even knew about this game for the first year of its life. Especially not anyone here. Dark souls threads were extremely niche.

PCfags seething left and right

>Nobody even knew about this game for the first year of its life.
Hi, poser. Demon's Souls generals followed this game from back when it was just known as Project Dark.

Not entirely true. This place was one of the only places I actually saw talking about it. People were really hyped up to the release with almost non stop threads which was rare back then for a new game coming out.

great joke newfag

>Implying that the existing demon's souls fans didn't just move onto DS and talk about that
hope this is just bait and not a newfag

>he wasn't here at the time of the dumbest threads in town
sucks to be you

>game has a general so its mainstream

No. When ds1 was the only game in the series, this board literally never had a ds thread that wasnt a general.

Nobody said it was "mainstream" newfag, nor was that OP's question.

All newfags who werent here in 2011. DS1 is the definition of a sleeper hit. Nobody gave a single shit about it for the first year. It didnt even have a pc version.

Oops, quoted the wrong posts, meant just these ones

People forget that one of the big reasons that the game was celebrated was to shit on Skyrim, which was a contemporary game and worshipped by normies. Dark Souls as a series caught on with a bigger audience later on, around the time Dark Souls II was coming out.

Attached: 1455591502287.jpg (585x675, 92.67K)

Dumb retard. Learn to read. I didnt say op said its mainstream. Go back to 3rd grade english class.

>he didn't play Demon's Souls on release
KEK, you're literally the newfag. Any Forums introduced me to the game, and it filtered all of my college buddies back then.

>nobody gave a shit
ok PCfag

nobody cared about ds1 until prepare to die edition released. Anything else is revisionists history.

>names an even more niche game than ds1

proving my o

get lost, underage newfag OP-kun

never understood the protoss cover. some weird tie in?

Niche to the general public, not Any Forums, which the OP specifically asked for. Thanks for proving multiple times ITT that you're a fucking redditor.

>y'youre just a pc fag!

No, i'm just a person who was actually here in 2011. Nobody cared about DS1 in 2011. You must be thinking of 2012. The year when you first got here.

Paid shills weren't a thing as much back then so people didn't talk about it nearly as much as they "talk" about Fromsoft games now.

Why the fuck are his feet just snakes anyway?

>what was it like when ds1 released?

Quiet? Since nobody gave a shit about this game until about a year after release. Everyone was busy talking about skyrim here in 2011.

How old are you honestly? Around 2011-2012, Fromsoft was being heralded as the one company that might save gaming.

Lmao all those old demon's souls comics came from here.

I'm old enough to remember nobody knowing who fromsoft was in 2011. That's how old I am.

>artificial difficulty

Oh wow did the generals make some mspaint comics?

I don't remember Dark Souls release, but Demons Souls WAS relatively popular on Any Forums.

Nobody cared about this game the first year it came out. All we had on Any Forums were the token generals and the elitists who thought demons souls would eventually retake the series. Boy did that backfire.

Normies didn't. But we're talking about Any Forums.

Moon magic, not even once

My question is why does this one (lmao less than half unique posters) have to gain by convincing people that Any Forums didn't play the game when it came out?

Everybody was still too busy schlicking off to Persona 3 and 4 during that time to care.

>what was Any Forums like when DS1 first released

Not playing ds1 lol. 2011 was the year of Skyrim.

so you're saying pcfags ruined the series

Any Forums discusses everything. Even here ds1 discussion was limited to generals

I have no idea. There was literally a demon souls thread up nearly 100% of the time, and that trend continued with DaS1.

Dude I knew about Demon Souls because it was the highest rated game on PS3 back in 2009, everyone knew about that game, it's just that no one played it because lelps3nogaem

yes, as they are the ones who made it mainstream when PtD edition released with a pc port.

Attached: old.png (1224x277, 70.28K)

Lmao fucking retard it came out the month Skyrim did and everyone was going apeshit and falling in love with it. We had daily demons souls threads since 2008, souls games were very popular here

Nigga we were having semi-regular threads about The Void in 2011, do you honestly think dark souls was beyond Any Forums's attention?

Attached: mantid the void.jpg (1920x1080, 305.38K)

>Dude I knew about Demon Souls because it was the highest rated game on PS3 back in 2009,

From who? All i remember about demons souls original reception was a lot of valid complaints regarding its jankyness. A fair criticism given its basically a prototype game but like all the other souls games is clearly unfinished.

Even this post admits that Any Forums is mostly discussing skyrim and ignoring DS1.

Niche. Only had generals where the same 20 people would comment. Check who tried to prove me wrong but only posted some fag in 2011 complaining that everyone is talking about skyrim and ignoring dark souls.

I remember the Souls series was gaining mainstream attention during the time leading up to Dark Souls 2's release.

Where do you think the term "artificial difficulty" came from?

lol

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 1.30.06 PM.png (1424x576, 326.55K)

>who tried to prove me wrong
I'm literally corroborating what you're saying you stupid double nigger