Heavy armor

what's the point? as far as i can tell, there isn't one
you take the same damage from all sources, and you can't poise through shit. what is the benefit?

Attached: 20220317_143213.jpg (1118x839, 1.03M)

none, welcome to dark souls games and their non existing balance and ton of useless stats and mechanics

yeah but this is way worse than before
i didnt play the gaystation souls games, but i think in dark souls 3 you did get some benefit from heavy armor. i dont think there is a benefit here whatsoever. very weird that they would design it like this

The point is to look like an absolute chad
nothing else matters really

Attached: 1628930812089.jpg (1232x1869, 705.58K)

>what's the point? as far as i can tell, there isn't one
>you take the same damage from all sources
>t. equipped armor that dropped off of one of the starting soldiers, called it heavy, and then tried to face tank everything with 7 vig
You can see your percent damage negation in your stats page. Going from 20% negation to 40% negation reduces a 500 damage hit to 375 damage. Going from 40% negation to 50% negation reduces a 375 damage hit to ~313 damage.
It's a significant increase to survivability if you're not a fucking retard who lets your other resistances sit at 2% and then assumes all of the fireballs and thunderbolts that are one-shotting you are just ignoring your defense.

i dont think so bro

>wear full armor
>take 40% dmg from enemy hit
>go naked
>still take 40% dmg from same enemy hit
armor is just pure fashion now

Meanwhile everything after Leyndell is designed to 2-3 shot you no matter your gear because they made it too easy to reach the 50% and 500 flat damage reduction.
Game has fuck all balance when it comes to physical shit.

there's no benefit, I had an easier time soloing Radahn while naked with my UGS since the iframes on light roll are busted compared to my armored build which had a medium roll. And I died in 3 hits in both cases. Why did they get rid of DS1 poise anyway?

You're bullshitting, OP. By wearing plate armor I was able to survive a hit from the death chariot in the hero graves. By combining the heavy armor with something like endure from a caestus, It only did about half my hp in damage, allowing me to chug through it.

>now

wish they let you equip only visuals, it's literally better to have no armor in these games

pvp fags were probably bitching about it idk

Roleyplaying as a fat, usless piece of shit that gets dabbed on by everything else.

You can't be a chad if you're not willing to make sacrifices. You have to level END and use an arsenal talisman.

I'm playing dark souls 2 right now with the guts greatsword and I've been fighting with the weight limit for the entire time.
Now I just gave up and just go around without a chest piece

Strange how there is zero video evidence of these claims

>pvp fags
They bitch about literally everything. In every game and genre, they're the biggest bitches.

:)

>i dont think so
You think wrong. There's really nothing to argue about. The difference between no armor at all and 50% damage reduction is reducing a hit from 1000 damage to 500 damage. That is simple math.

>everything after Leyndell is designed to 2-3 shot you no matter your gear
No, put better gear on, use talismans, or cast buffs. I had 90% holy resistance when I fought the Elden Beast, and he literally could not hurt me as I sat in his homing missile volleys.
>they made it too easy to reach the 50% and 500 flat damage reduction.
That's nice. Low numbers, though. Go higher.

bro i will test this now give me like five minutes

ok, i tested it and you are correct. it does work at least on the attack i tried it on

HOWEVER it isn't ever going to matter because in this game you are not dying from many small hits. plus this game sucks dick

Nigga, there is a mod for Elden Ring that literally down scales enemy damage. In one of the notes for the mod, it states that it reduced enemy damage scaling to 1* to 3.3* while the vanilla value goes from 1* to 7.9*. This is how inflated the damage is in Elden Ring. It's pretty clear that even if you put talismans and buffs, you'll still take obscene amounts of damage to the point those things feel mandatory and not optional.

I even recorded me sitting in his gay shit to help a friend who was getting fucked. Every point of defense is larger than the last, because going from 80% to 81% defense reduces the damage you were taking by 5%. Pump it as high as you can get it. Send your defenses to the moon and you can just sit in everything.

Attached: no_damage.png (785x336, 272.58K)