Are you hyped for Sanderson's game?

>I’ve been working on a video game for several years, and I suspect it will be announced this year. So, commence speculation! (Note: it’s not for one of my properties, but something new that I built with them. It’s a game company many of you will have heard of, but probably not the one you’re thinking about right now. Not that other one either.)
What studio do you think he worked with?

Attached: Brandon_Sanderson_-_Lucca_Comics_&_Games_2016.jpg (1958x2739, 1.14M)

>Are you hyped for Sanderson's game?
Not really, I enjoyed Stormlight Archives 1-3 (haven't read the 4th one) for the world building, the story and characters are 6.5/10. I'm currently reading Mistborn (starting book 2) and I have the same opinion of that one.

I've never really enjoyed Sanderson for his world building which is why I guess I hate Stormlight Archives so much.

this is the mormon dude who has every book turn into dragon ball z flying fights lol

>this is the mormon dude who has every book turn into dragon ball z flying fights lol
I was about to disagree but then I realized you're right. Every book does seem to have the characters flying through the air in an excruciatingly detailed duel.

Attached: catch the bunny pepe.png (1718x993, 766.99K)

If he's smart he took the guys from sony who quit and the ones that did gravity rush.

The game he has been working on is a mobile game. He said that he wants to build experience first working on a different medium before making something bigger.

Also no, not really. Apart from the neat world building in SA he's a terrible writer who should have an editor and not a yes man.

I loved Stormlight 1 and 2, but 3 really went full retard with the DragonBall Z super powers bullshit.

Not to mention the "NO JOHN YOU ARE THE DEMONS" level twist.

Having a disability is not a replacement for having a personality.

Wtf I need to read his books now

>Sanderson game
>Not Mistborn
What's the point?

What exactly is good about this persons writing? This is the 3rd 4th time I’ve seen this faggot and nobody can ever answer

4th stormlight really drops in quality (not like previous ones were masterpieces)
sequel mistborns are imo better than the original series.

he's fucking awful and only faggots and redditors like him

In a world where everyone is shit the person who is decent stands out. /spoiler/ above the crowd, even if I got to shout it out loud/spoiler/

Arkane. In the same vain as Dishonored and Thief.

Didn't this man just scam everyone off millions for a nondescript series of 4 books he isn't even obligated to actually deliver on? Shit, I wanna run a scam like that. Respect the hustle.

The Mistborn game was confirmed official vaporware years ago after going through three different developers.

>What exactly is good about this persons writing?
Not quality but spergs feel attracted to magic=science in his books. Also, people who only eat steak and burgers get fascinated by his world building

He's a good writer, in the sense that he knows how to effectively use the tools to create a story, but his stories are often never quite inspired, they feel more like a bundle of separate parts that he's welded together. He's not bad at that welding part, but it does make the stories feel a bit empty sometimes, and his characters (with a few exceptions) are extremely archetypical.

i think that user means, if he's making a new game and it's not mistborn in some way, shape or form, why even bother to begin with

His writing is extremely game-y. Stormlight's Szeth prologue feels like "that first video game level where you have all the abilities before you go to another area without them".

This would be good for Mistborn. Wonder what he'd do for a brand new IP though

Write the story or at least the worldbuilding.

>Are you hyped for Sanderson's game?
Not really. I tried so hard to like Mistborn, but it honestly felt like a fucking chore the entire way through. I did love Vin though, and that was part of the problem, actually. Like, these other viewpoint characters are okay, but they distract from Vin, who is far and away more compelling.

Mistborn era 1 has a grand total of like 4 interesting characters: Vin, Kelsier, Ten-Soon and maybe sort of Sazed. Era 2 is a lot better I think, on that front. Wayne is probably one of his best characters.