Windows is finished as the "gaming OS"

>Linux is getting user friendlier than ever
>Steam is making ever more games playable on Linux out of the box
>Intels new GPU lineup is about to launch with heavy official Linux support and has been demonstrated to perform vastly better on Linux,
AND microshit is starting to crank up the anti-consumer sentiment in their OSes with shit like pic related

Attached: File-Explorer-640x353[1].jpg (640x353, 29.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/gaming/167253-gabe-newell-made-windows-a-viable-gaming-platform-and-linux-is-next
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

99.99% of linux gaming consists of using a windows interoperability layer so you gotta ask yourself if linux gaming would even exist without windows. the answer is no it wouldnt. btw i use linux

Yeah I'm sure everyone's gonna switch to linux because of a thing where you press "not now"

so you're saying windows was a mistake

>click not now
>never see the message again for the next 10 years of using the computer
whats the problem

Linux might have become that if Gabe hadn't made a viable gaming platform
extremetech.com/gaming/167253-gabe-newell-made-windows-a-viable-gaming-platform-and-linux-is-next

This
Windows are the consoles of PC gayming

can I consistently run JP ero games on linux? it is the only thing holding me back.

>2011+11
>paying to store your data on someone else's computer

Attached: storage.png (777x122, 10.57K)

yes most of them should work with WINE. at this point on linux the only thing you really have to worry about i think is DX12 and anticheat software for multiplayer games

>whats the problem
Slippery slope. You used to be able to just choose to not install updates as well. Now the best you can do is to post-pone them until they are forced upon you.

(Obviously talking about normal Windows installs here. I am fully aware that people can use powershell scripts to disable all that shit, but 9/10 people won't ever use that)

>he doesn't know that windows 10+ does the same

>You will own nothing and you will be happy.

I understand the ethos of cloud computing, but i will buy over renting. Renting is for brainlets that cannot go a year without buying the newest thing.

i know. microsoft's long term conspiracy jew plan is to actually axe support for win32 programs and have everyone use their modern WUP shit or whatever its called. at least on linux for now you dont have a million programs running to send your keystrokes and program usage telemetry to microsoft

Windows 11 removed win32 support so if you are using Windows 11 you are emulating just as much as the linuxfags are.

>Linux is getting user friendlier than ever

>need to fiddle with most games to get them working
>screen tearing in xorg
>wayland based compositors still in permanent beta with bugs and constant stutters
>GNOME foundation deliberately sabotaging linux desktop with retarded decisions
>very poor power management tools for both desktop and laptops
>lack of hardware acceleration in firefox

Software-as-a-Service is Microsoft committing suicide.
It will bite them in the ass.
t. on Linux since after trying Win8 for a month back in 2012

I recently switched to Linux and I'm enjoying it. Only games I tried so far that don't work are Gears 5 and renegade ops. Surprisingly, a lot of Linux native games didn't and I had to use proton with them.

Even if that were true, one has access to source code and the other does not. One runs on paid employees and the other runs on whether someone with autism is bothered enough to make a fix.

wow they are moving ahead with their plans much quicker than i thought they would

Call me when I can play all my pirated games on loonix.

Attached: true-master-race.jpg (853x720, 39.08K)

There is a compatibility layer but natively Windows 11 doesn't run Win32 programs.

I haven't tried fitgirl stuff yet but gog games, creamapi and emulation work fine.