If you need to "read the wikia" and watch youtube videos explaining the story of a game...

If you need to "read the wikia" and watch youtube videos explaining the story of a game, this actually means the writing is shit. A good proper story should be self contained within the game

Attached: Screenshot_20220317-140741-327.png (1080x779, 219.64K)

Envy is hilarious.

I agree that lore is not story.

Doesnt make it untrue

western devs can't imagine a game having good story and lore

Go to bed, Sam and stop pretending like the story is why people play Borderlands.

And jap devs cant even materialize a good story

>want more stories like L4D where it's ultimately left up to interpretation and there are no clear answers because you take the view of survivors and not some super scientist looking for answers
>"NOOOO THAT'S BAD STORYTELLING"
I hate people that think everything needs to be conveniently explained to them by notes left behind by key figures in whatever the setting is.

But the wiki is populated with lore info from the game itself you idiot. It's literally all there in the game and other people are just connecting the dots for you. I get the problem of games being lazy and putting their story in outside resources and that's legitimate but souls games don't do that. Their problem is they're just retardedly cryptic and require checking hundreds of item descriptions and level design cues to make sense.

insane cope lmao

Badass post

zanzibar land... forgive me

Modern western devs can't imagine the story taking a backseat to the game-play

To be honest, a game series like Resident Evil has good storytelling even if the story is basically the plot of a B movie. I never had to read the wikia (wasnt even a thing back then) to understand what was going on

>Shazamtrannies are latching onto the words of a shitty writer in a vain attempt to continue their smear campaign
Move the fuck on already

>trying this hard to force a meme

>Dark Souls lore: 121 videos, 56 millions view
>Borderlands lore: 1 video in total
Its almost like mystery and secrets were interesting, and tiktok storytelling wasnt

The story is there for those that want it, it's simple but you have to look for it.
This is a better approach than anything the west have done lately, and if you disagree then that just tells me you are a subhuman american golemite that deserves to get nuked.
Simple as that.

>Pick up an item.
>Zanzibarts Anal Bead
>Read the description
>Find more items related to Zanzibart
>Read a bit more
>Fight Myrmidon of loss
>Oh shit
He is mad jealous.

Attached: Zanzibart....png (800x1400, 468.74K)

I don't know who he is but he seems to be a bit bootybothered that people can enjoy a game and its story without them being guided through a narrative. The story is there for people who want to find it, and the gameplay doesn't take a backseat to it.
Meanwhile OP proves he doesn't know what he's talking about by complaining about something the game he's criticizing doesn't do.

Fromdrones defense force are in going all out

wrong
story with ambiguity, different interpretations and a lot of details that can be missed and that can influence the interpretation of the whole are far better than linear and completely set in stone ones
latter gives a vibe of the story being intense propaganda and that you're missing something that's deliberately withheld from your gaze

Attached: pypgi.jpg (307x164, 5.61K)

All BLACKED Souls have shit tier writing. The only important thing about GAMES is GAMEplay