Misunderstood masterpiece or piece of a shit?

Misunderstood masterpiece or piece of a shit?

Attached: zelda-skyward-sword-boxart.jpg (579x937, 235.57K)

>Anonymous
Its okay but felt like a downgrade from twilight princess.

This.

Misunderstood piece of shit.

Great dungeons.
Hit or miss bosses.
Somewhat interesting combat but not mind blowing.
Pacing is hilly.
Every complaint about the over-expositioned story is justified.

Big Zelda fan, but I never played this on the Wii for more than a few hours because I wasn't big on the motion controls compared to Twilight Princess Wii (I played both the GC version and the Wii version). I got it again on the switch and made if much further than my Wii file, but still ultimately put it down. The combat is too clunky no matter which controls you use. The game is fairly punishing if you swing the wrong direction but it's hard to get it accurate with either control scheme. I tend to avoid enemies rather than fight them because I don't feel like trying to get my swings accurate just to kill a stupid blocking goblin.

Well, it was the last traditional 3D zelda game.
Before the open world meme that is BotW.

Worst parts about it are
>fighting pic related 3 times got repetitive
>collecting the dragon song parts was needless backtracking to previous areas
>Fi is an emotionless forgettable companion. is also annoying about batteries

Attached: Zelda_Skyward_Sword_The_Imprisoned_3.0.jpg (1200x800, 89.72K)

Worst exploration in the series. It only appeals to the kind of retard who would play a Zelda game for the story, and the 6 people who weren't already bored with motion gimmicks by the time it came out.

The only real complaints about this game are:
>muh motion controls
>muh battery warnings
The second one is fair, the first one is bullshit.

You don't think the linearity, backtracking, and boring first segment are "real" complaints?

If you take both of those away from the game all you're left with is half of a mediocre 3D Zelda with egregious amounts of padding/reused content.

Unironically went and replayed BotW again before ever considering replaying SS

Not if you like Zelda. Those are common elements of the franchise and it's not even the worst of the bunch in that regard.

It would be as stupid as complaining that Metroid has "too much backtracking" or that Uncharted is "too scripted." It's kind of their thing to be like that.

Neither. Take your BPD meds. Almost nothing is an extreme or needs to be.

>[Skyward Sword] felt like a downgrade from twilight princess

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490.09K)

best combat and story in a Zelda with some good fights and puzzles
otherwise rated fairly

bad overworld, bad controls, flying is a pain, repetitive bosses and limited zones.

good dungeons and bosses. This doesn't make up for the other flaws imo and I'm never tempted to revisit it.

It's an action-adventure game that doesn't do action or adventure particularly well.

I really disliked it when I played it like 10 years ago. I wouldn't mind giving it a try again but I'm not paying anything less than 25 for that. So never unless new homebrew methods come out.

>backtracking
Going back to the same places for new content isn't backtracking, it's good game design. The only thing that would be better is if you could access any of the places without the linearity.

Only a couple places even come close to directly repeating and yet they still don't. Especially if you aren't a retard and opened the shortcuts so you can skip the beginning parts next time.

And that's really the only way the linearity is bad even. The dungeons are large enough and have different enough solutions for things they don't feel terribly linear. Especially on the first playthrough.

Best dungeon design in the series overall. Could be better. BotW proves this and still itself has great improvement to make, but as it stands the best.

It isn't either extreme. It's a fine Zelda game, no less railroaded with story focus than TP, but I liked those aspects more than in TP.

Very rough. Pacing is all over the place, areas feel much too linear. Sand Sea was kino while drowned forest was absolute ass. Dungeons and bosses are nice in spite of the waggle combat (even with motion plus thrust attacks were a pain). Graphically a smudged mess on Wii original hardware.

Neither. It's a fine game. Some things they tried just didn't work out as good as they should've.

Piece of shit that was an alpha for BOTW.