Is RE7 as good as 6 or even 5? I'm trying to decide whether I should splurge and spend ten buckies on it

Is RE7 as good as 6 or even 5? I'm trying to decide whether I should splurge and spend ten buckies on it.
Also why is "Biohazard" the subtitle when everyone knows it's the actual name of the franchise?

Attached: Resident_Evil_7_cover_art.jpg (250x370, 94.76K)

RE7 is the best in the series since RE4 and way better than RE5, RE6 and RE8; throw in all the spin-off games as well.

RE7 is both one of the best RE game and one of the best horror games in general.

it's miles better than RE6 and 5

RE6 is shit
And RE5 is only good with a friend

Thank fuck 7 changed course

RE7 is better than all of them

RE7 was the first RE game that I found scary
I didn’t even find RE2 remake that scary besides the lickers and RE7 creeped me the fuck out

One of my favorite RE games, up there with RE4 and REmake

It's one of the best games in the series.

It's better than both.

It's shit

Attached: 1547603653633.png (460x452, 202.23K)

RE7 is a boring ass slog carried by its fun boss fights, puzzles are repeated areas are tiny and uninteresting outside of the first house, 3 enemy types that all look the same, shitty slow movement that makes combat a slog, which also causes every enemy to slowly crawl towards you and a god awful final boss.

The Swamp DLC with Joe is Kino tho, 6/10, RE5 and 6 are miles more fun and have better peaks

Best villains in the entire series.

Attached: RE7_dinner_keyart.0.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 170.63K)

Can Capcom make an RE game with good puzzles ever again? Procedurally generated ones to be exact so casuals can get filtered even if they look it up online.

it rebooted that dead fucking franchise lmao, its arguably the best resi

The Bedroom DLC in RE7 had really good puzzles
And I also liked the Birthday puzzle in the main game too.

Great villains, atmosphere, and enviroments. Low points are the ship level and the fact that there's very little enemy variety. Overall, it's one of the best games in the series and more than worth the 10 dollarydoo asking price.

its on gamepass too

This
It's not perfect but it has so much Soul you forgive the flaws.

i only played like an hour of it so far, but i can say already it is GENIUS. the series took a turn for the worse at 4, but something happened at capcom and they successfully revolutionized their series with 7. it's actually scary again and first person is really scary. $10 is a no-brainer. i thought this game would be stupid to be honest but i'm blown away.

also the biohazard subtitle is for foreigners. this is the japanese art

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-03-17 13-34-50.png (271x125, 77.64K)

>the series took a turn for the worse at 4
Dude I like 7 but I am sick of fags like you pretending that RE4 is some kind of low point.

Attached: E6oyH0JXoAEvbgD.jpg (1755x2340, 884.18K)

Better than 6
Worse than 5

>good as 6
anything is better than 6, 6 is objectively the worst game besides RE3 2020.

don't misunderstand me, i had fun playing 4 and even 5 with a friend coop. but 4 is the turning point from survival horror to action horror. i would say 6 is the low point.

>Is RE7 as good as 6 or even 5?
Fuck no.
It is THE most embarrassing, predictable and pathetic piece of shit ever released with the "RE" name. Literally a movie game you're better of watching than playing, IF you really want to suffer through that.

t. got the game day 1 for 17€, and felt mugged afterwards.

my one criticism of the game so far is the shitty graphics. and jump scares.

Attached: unknown.png (656x397, 160.9K)

it's good but it gets kinda shit near the end. also it's called biohazard 7 resident evil in japan.

>Also why is "Biohazard" the subtitle when everyone knows it's the actual name of the franchise?
It's flipped in Japan. Pretty clever bit of branding.

Attached: bh7.jpg (1181x1748, 611.31K)

My beef are the god awful and boring gameplay that lacks difficulty, extreme hand-holding, extremely shitty script, same-face enemy design, generic first-person cutscenes, and no replay value.

7 shits all over 5 and 6, the two worst mainline RE games.

5 is good

5 is only somewhat decent in co-op, it's still a piss poor 4 rip off.

If you get RE7 you must get gold edition
this game has some of the best extra modes in any game I've ever seen

Attached: o4j1v1nfa0b51.jpg (1177x650, 94.73K)

>no replay value
yep. A 2017 game with unskippable cutscenes is unacceptable, and basically tells me to never replay it.

i wasnt a fan of the re2 remake extra modes even though people told me they were so cool and good. i think ill just stick with the base game.