What was the philosophy behind the voice acting/tone in dark souls one? All the npcs sound jolly and silly, almost cute...

What was the philosophy behind the voice acting/tone in dark souls one? All the npcs sound jolly and silly, almost cute, talking in soft whispers and saying “hmmm” and “mmmm” constantly. It’s a bit strange seeing as they live in an almost end of the world demonic universe. Is it supposed to show how everyone is going insane? I don’t see how it can be indicative of them being hopeful or something like that seeing as the crestfallen warrior is quite the cynical character and he talks like this to.

Attached: 5F0C4EE7-B8AE-4D25-BBCE-6893373C65B1.jpg (580x580, 59.75K)

crestfallen warrior being cynical is the point of his character

I know, that wasn’t my point. I’m asking why he and everyone else sound so strange. Did you even read my post?

I should elaborate. They sound almost cartoonish.

The same fucking plot as in all darksousl, gmae is in decay, they are all depressed faggots: omg chosen retard go fix it for us becuase we dont got the guts even tho we are better equiped than you and also inmmortal. Nobdy dooes enything or ends up disappearing or losing their mind then dying. you do it you fix the world the fuck up in some way, hooay you sit on a throne (DS2) or you can choose to destroy the world forever.

MIYAZAKICAN ONLY MAE ONE GAEEMM

Honestly I can see myself agreeing with you but that wasn’t the point of my post. I’m asking about the voice acting.

one of the ends of ds2 is literally the protagonist just saving himself from the curse and fucking off from drangleic and not sitting on the throne

They're genuinely going insane.

everyone has a depressing low edgy voice, its pathetic. Miyazaki is notably a depressed faggot. I hope he kills himself soon enough, his usefulness has run short.

Poeple are gonna make a cult shit aorund him after he dies but this is better than keeping him alive at this point.

budget voice actors, dont overthink it

>everyone has a depressing low edgy voice,
Who is Solaire? Who is Domnhall? Who is Andre? Who is Gwynevere?

That is the best endign ever made in any dark souls because it means he went out to research what the world cosists about and how to really solve it. Like Aldia Scholar of the First Sin did, but without failure.

>omg chosen retard go fix it for us
The only character who actually gives you the quest is dying/going hollow; Oscar the Knight. Everyone else is doing their own shit.

Everything in the game felt like a one trick pony but repeated until it became a dead horse. Honestly surprised I finished the game

That makes sense. I guess it works in their favor seeing as I like it. I personally like a bit of silliness in my games.

its a bait post, dont overthink it

>Who is Solaire?
Depressed faggot when he realized he will never find "his own sun"
>Who is Domnhall?
Depressed faggot when you dont fuck shit from him.
>Who is Andre?
retard that just upgrades and accends weapons, he has no character despite being amedieval backsmith re-appears for no reason other than fan service in DS3.

Miyazaki is a fucking HACK.

This is the opposite of the truth. Fromsoftware hires actual stage actors for their voice roles. That's why you get natural, human sounding lines that befuddle people like OP who were expecting ITS YOU! THE HERO OF KVATCH!

>Everyone else is doing their own shit.
which means being absolutely useless

It's made to sound surreal and unbelieavable like everyone is part of a dream. It's a critical detail for the atmosphere.

the best way to solve the decay of the worlds of Souls games is not to complete the game and go the fuck out dong experits like Adia did, who the fuck knows where thats gnna lead to but the faggot Aldia fucked up a lot with the flame of Chaos ad fucked himself in the process but he was onto something.

hmmm
mmmm even

esl retard and his incoherent posts

It feeling like almost a dream is a good way to describe it.

the mental states of the human fuks in that world are degrading by the hour there too becuase they are going hollow, like those mindless zombies you fight in undead burg eventually they become that when they lose all sense of aim, of what to do in their lives eventually the cressfalled fagggot does too and you just kill him. He drops nothing of value but his armor is dope you cna buy it from the undead merchant in Undead Burg.