Why does Any Forums have a vendetta against gaming laptops? They're much better than they used to be

why does Any Forums have a vendetta against gaming laptops? They're much better than they used to be

Attached: gaming laptop.jpg (816x842, 130.89K)

Because this board is filled with out of touch b**mers.
Gaming laptops are fine for 1080p 60fps in latest games.

At least buy a nice monitor to go with it.

Poorfags.

the screens are tiny.

I don't have a problem with gaming laptops, I've just yet to see one that's good value for money.
>inb4 they are now
No, they're still shit value for money, but also desktop GPUs are even worse value for money. it might occasionally be the lesser of two evils right now, but it's still shit and would be better avoided until prices go back to something reasonable.

>you open it up and clean it once a year
>it still gets clogged with dust just after 2 weeks
>you don't know this and components begin to overheat and slowly die
>it stops booting after 3 years
time to buy a new laptop

Of course they're better than they used to be, but so are PCs.
The problem with gaming laptops is that in pretty much every case, you get much less performance, for the same price or higher, with the only benefit being portability.
So unless you're a fucking pilot, spending each night in a different hotel around the globe, why waste money on a laptop?

>gaming
>laptop
choose one

Attached: 1645394019904.png (480x480, 262.14K)

>until prices go back to something reasonable
so a week ago then

>j-just wait!

get the right laptop then retard, razer ones are easy-open easy-clean for example

take a shit keyboard, a shit monitor, and shitty components that die to overheating after 3 years, mix them all together and you have a lump of shit called a laptop
>m-muh mobility
if you need to game "on-the-go" youre a faggot

>gaming desktop with 30 series graphics card: $1000
>Razer laptop with 30 series graphics card: $2500

Laptop gamers are akin to Apple fans. You’re paying a shit load more for brand, convenience and aesthetics. I’d only get a gaming laptop if I was rich enough to replace them every 3 years, since you can’t even update the graphics card.

Zoomers only have phones. Boomers have money and buy a new laptop ever year and just let it collect dust.

die to overheating after 3 years

This.

I've had the same laptop since 2016 and it still works fine. I use it for general purposes and 4X games, other genres I almost always play on console

>Just buy more money bro

I have a gaming laptop and I wouldn't recommend anyone buy a gaming laptop if they can buy a proper pc

>you can’t even update the graphics card
just like desktops lmao

I've had a laptop since 2015 and don't regret it. sure I can't play the latest games but that saved me money and I was always fixing broken parts and the worst thing that has happened so far on this laptop is a failed harddrive

Don't have vendetta against laptops, just don't like using one. If you like then you like.
Got fairly priced used 2060 recently. It'll probably last me for sometime. Not too much of a graphics/fps fag

why not?I'm quite happy with mine.

Laptop have bad cooling systems and if you really want to play heavy games it would overheat and GPU will die in a few years. Thats it. I had a gaming laptop.

They're way better than they use to be. People still think like it's 15 years ago and you're paying for an underpowered toaster that will fry in a month.
If you can buy a desktop, it's a waste of money, but if you travel often it's a godsend.

>you can't upgrade desktop GPU
retard alert

Attached: 1646927559219.jpg (528x792, 65.62K)

The only thing you can really justify about a gaming laptop is the portability.
So if you aren't moving around you'll have better performance and longevity for the same amount of money spent on a proper pc