How did Sonic become associated with autism? It wasn't like this in the 90s where he was seen as this super cool mascot

How did Sonic become associated with autism? It wasn't like this in the 90s where he was seen as this super cool mascot.

Attached: D738DDC8-D313-4ED9-AB79-16D9E07D3E73.jpg (850x1200, 378.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21984201/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sonichu

Only the autistic take up marketing as their identity.

>Fucking dragon dildo on the cover
>BUT HOW DID IT BECOME ASSOCIATED WITH SPEEDRUNNING TRANNIES AND AUTISM

Attached: Untitled.png (755x743, 111.54K)

I think the autistic kids were more likely to get dreamcasts than SNES

My bet is on the comics, have you seen the shit that goes on in them?

Chrischan.
Gaming media successfully gaslighting everyone after the release of Sonic '06.

Attached: snopshat.jpg (1280x720, 118.41K)

Sonic Adventure and Sonic X, for some reason autists latched onto Sonic after those released.

Voice acting is what did it in. A cartoon is one thing, but when the characters in the games are saying stupid shit then it's all over.

Dreamcast kids were cool, 3D Sonic only became a catalyst of concentrated autism once it hit Gamecube, the perfect storm of kids with neglecting parents driven further into social outcastdom.

Sonic is cool again, thanks to the movies.

Attached: totem.png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

Because anything released after the original Genesis games fucking sucks and the only reason you would play it is because you're autistically obsessed with the characters.

Sonic was safe enough for your mom, but edgy enough to feel like an adult. Coupled with being easy to draw and express angst from spoiled latch key kids with access to deviant art you get a powder keg of autismos.

You post your OC online, your mom thinks its a sfae cartoon kids site, but shes not reading the texts exchanges between you and your friends shoving horse cocks up your butts and rods in ypur pee holes

this. He's made to attract only the most juvenile of young boys which just happens to correspond with the entire autism demographic

Wtf does that even mean? They’re two generations apart, and are actually quite similar in design, aesthetic and are both known for having colourful games. I would understand “Autists were more likely to get a snes or game boy instead of a genesis, but even that is a reach. Kids are just kids and get kids stuff. Fuck you, pal.

Nah, Sonic Adventure’s voice acting and dialogue is patronizing to even a 10 year old. “Wow, this is gay”

The Adventure era was extremely edgy by 90’s mascot standards. Anthropomorphic animals + some edgy stuff and worldbuilding sprinkled in is a magnet for autism.

Just look to MLP as another example of that.

I'm ESL and didn't understand English all that much when I played it and even I found the dub in SA1 and 2 hilariously bad.

Speaking as someone who grew up in the 90s, Sonic was for special needs kids who didn't watch Power Rangers (early 90s) or played Pokemon (late 90s).

Real talk: Autistic people tend to have one specific, narrow interest that they hyperfocus on over everything else, so the word 'autism' in this context is being reappropriated as an insult to mock Sonic fans' extreme, almost delusional fixation with the entire Sonic the Hedgehog franchise.

Attached: The_More_You_Know_0-0_screenshot.jpg (800x450, 28.56K)

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21984201/