This fight is designed to be a 1v1 of two warriors of EXCEPTIONAL skill...

This fight is designed to be a 1v1 of two warriors of EXCEPTIONAL skill. A climatic showdown between arguably the two strongest beings on the Lands Between. Her heal reinforces this, the fight is suppose to be a drawn out trade of blows, dodges, parries and blocks. It was never meant to be beaten by every player, the game tells you this by locking the fight into a completely optional area most players will never be able to access without a guide.
So it makes me seethe real fucking hard when secondaries manage to brute force their ways to Malenia's fight after every sign the game throws at you
"You're not skilled enough for this, turn back and finish the tutorial content, get your trophy and move on."
Then cheat a win by playing contrary to the spirit of the fight and have the gall to brag about """""""""""""""BEATING""""""""""" the Undefeated Swordswoman. You didn't beat her. You claimed a hollow victory by equipping crutch weapons and ringing a bell. You didn't gain any skill. You didn't gain anything. You purposefully robbed yourself of the satisfaction of playing her fight correctly for a quick hit of dopamine, or worst, to claim faux bragging rights for a boss you didn't even fucking beat.

Attached: 1619525599714.jpg (1920x1080, 584.64K)

tldr me and my mimic fucked her with hammers and it was funny lol

If it's supposed to be drawn out then why does she instant kill me with the anime attack instead of letting me off easy so the fight can keep going

based

>completely optional are most players will never be able to access without a guide
Gideon and the cripple literally tell you exactly where to find the other medallion piece

That attack should only connect fully your first few attempts during the strategy formation probe phase. After learning that move and it's year long telegraph you SHOULD be able to dodge it consistently. It's a brutal attack that's intended to keep you alert and engaged.

I like how her healing off of shields is never explained

Blah blah blah meanwhile I'm on my 3rd playthrough with my mimicbro steamrolling every one of these "bosses"

Attached: 1646671602526.png (1129x1193, 960.52K)

t. Malenia

>Everyone talking and memeing about how hard Melenia is
>Finally get there
>Expecting another Genichiro Where it is no where near as difficult as everyone says
>She is exactly as difficult as everyone says she is
Looking forward to trying to learn the fight.

hahaha
no
the attack is just BS. You need the bloodhound ash to consistantly dodge this bs attack. It´s bad boss design to change your loadout to beat a boss. Was never the case in any DS game.

she wasnt honorable nuking caelid. she doesnt deserve anything else but a full cheese rape

Why does it let you summon for it you dumbfuck

>she's at 50% health
>starts slicing the floor
>back to 100%
WOW

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I fucked her on my fourth try with my mimic bro, welding a moonveil in my right and a meteorite ore blade in my left.
Had 12 charges of my flask left as well
Took me in total less than 30 minutes.
Work smart not hard you monkey

Don't care.

I am gonna fuck her with my Giant Crusher and mimic. There is nothing you can do to stop me.

Attached: naaah.jpg (500x500, 26.82K)

Genichiro is only difficult if the combat hasn't clicked for you yet, whereas Malenia is just straight up hard

nah this entire post is a cope

Attached: 1647448894427.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

I do not care for your made up woman rules, her design is stupid and thus she will get the mimic

Attached: 1647072955184.png (481x657, 314.48K)

Malenia isn't even THAT hard if she didn't have that bullshit anime move.

Mimic does shit at her fight. She just uses him to regen hp.

Yeah that makes sense. people whined about the 3rd phase despite it being basically free if you know how to counter lightning.

Based chad who beat all bosses and have their remembrances to prove it.

sorry simp, malenia cheated in her duel already
now she gets gangraped by the mimic and me stomping

>i am sorry miquela, i finally met my match

Attached: 1647449930777.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

I don't want to respec to some bullshit build so just gonna skip her. I can't win against her rot and heal in second phase.

She isn't leeching HP from you, her lore clearly states she has a love for combat and a fierce spirit of resistance. The sheer act of being in a fight invigorates her and keeps her going.

I fucked her with my mimic bro and Bloodhounds fang in 3 tries and my steam achievements say I beat her fair and square

>I am undefeated
>but you fought Radahn, and he still has his rune
>U-undefeated. N-number one warrior

People keep talking about mimic, yet mine seems to suck against her. I think it heals her more than what extra damage I get from it.

..you sound like a total fucking faggot OP.
No offense

nah, healing through blocked hits is a dumb mechanic that completely invalidates playstyles and I have no qualms about summoning for that bitch

you dont need mimic or bloodhoundstep to kill the boss the flurry attack has 3 minute timer you just need to whack her few times then run back and forward to trigger the attack

Attached: 1647240208141.png (1484x1478, 1.7M)

>extra damage I get from it.
hes supposed to bait while you do charged attacks

>+9 flask
>AND 11 charges
You didn't beat the game.

Get over yourself, schizo. it's just a fucking game

>It was never meant to be beaten by every player, the game tells you this by locking the fight into a completely optional area most players will never be able to access without a guide.
It was a real jerk move to lock curing yourself of the Flame's influence behind winning it then.

Attached: 1583766969947.png (400x266, 135.7K)

also, status building up like bleed through blocked hits is a retarded mechanic as well, I could understand something like frostbite but bleed is stupid and cucks you out of using a shield for a lot of enemies and bosses

Attached: 1647126484876.webm (1280x720, 2.36M)

I'm playing as a wizard, summoning shit is magic and costs me the same resource as using spells, and is so utterly kosher for a wizard to do that the wizard boss fight summons the same sort of creatures I do. "Boo hoo crutch weapons", she's using one too, faggot. I won, she lost, she's dead and I am balls deep in Ranni's perfect puffy porcelain pussy getting rope burns from her perfect doll thighs around my waist. Seethe, cope, and dilate with your Greatsword faggot.

Attached: yeet.jpg (1080x1240, 115.58K)

She's the only boss I've fought in the Souls-type From games where parrying is basically mandatory solo. The fight was impossible for me if I didn't parry.

My mimic was extra aggressive against her for some reason. I swear they were programmed this way. Sometimes they space out and just stand around but with her he comes in and starts swinging

I couldn't get her one my first playthrough legit. Finally came back and beat her last night on NG+3 with no summons or magic. Its finally over.....

>ctrl+f pasta
>0 results
Huh, would you look at that.
I'm taking my sweet time with the game, so I'm probably a ways away from being able to fight her, but I can't wait to see what all the fuzz is about.
I'll probably rip my hair out, considering how fucking bad I am at these games.

see
Secondaries seethe when a boss has a mechanic to it that actually has a net increase in difficulty. Can't wait for FS to add some "Malenia Hunting Spear" that stops her heal at the end of Millicent's questline so you faggots can have ANOTHER crutch to skip this fight with.

what a dumb bitch
there's lore descriptions of her "blooming a third time" and I swear to fucking god if she comes back again in DLC I'm just mimic cheesing her on all of my builds.

Attached: The Solution.jpg (560x488, 199.76K)

OR I could cheese her easily in like 10 minutes AND body you with broken meta weapons if you ever invade me. Seethe more Tarnished, the elden throne is comfy.

Dumb whore cheated against Radahn so I will cheat against her

>the fight is suppose to be a drawn out trade of blows
>have 40+ vigor but she kills you in 2 hits that land 0.005 seconds apart

Yep, it's Hoarfrost time.

third bloom is the giant flower when you defeat her. you can stop it by shoving the needle there

give him some big weapon and then the two of you just stagger her to death

my mimicbro fired off like 7 Blasphemous Blade weapon arts into her, ez pz

How do I cheese her?

I did it without mimic tear and I made it a point to do that.
After having finally won after I don't even know how many attempts, I can say that waterfowl is literally the only downside to the fight. It was almost my sole cause of death, if she had everything else except it, the fight would be 10/10.
Even keep how tanky she is, the scarlet rot and even the healing, amazing boss aside from one goddamn attack.
Yeah you can dodge it if you're in a good spot, but if you're not then get ready to eat anywhere between 50-100% of your HP.

My summon drawing her aggro while clobber her to Oblivion with my +10 starscourge greatswords counts as me winning the fight. Don't like it go play a game that doesn't allow cooperative gameplay.

I agree. I wouldve loved to see the amount of screeching if they just disabled summoning for this boss. still I only care about how fun it was to learn the fight and beat it by myself

Attached: 1245620_20220311200951_1.png (1920x1080, 2.21M)

Third bloom was against you to trigger her second phase. Bloom#1 is vague and the second was when she nuked Caelid while she was retard-wrangling rad dan

yeah but it's just a game man don't defend bad game design because you want to feel like an anime protagonist
a shit boss is a shit boss

>SHE NEEDS AN ANIME ATTACK, UNLIMITED STAMINA AND BLOODBORNE HEALING BECAUSE... UH OH SHE JUST DOES.
>You? You get to use this pity roll

Haha no, suck my bloodhound step dick, whore

I tried but that does nothing. She is too fast. I manage do stagger her once in whole fight for some pity extra damage. The problem is that she will heal it all back in next 2s.

If she heals solely through her love for combat why isn't she healing passively throughout the entire fight? And her great room allows you to gain HP from damaging enemies, she literally heals through hitting the player but can still somehow heal from hitting their shield or their corpse when they're in a death animation.

I am really holding back from not looking for a guide for finding Malenia, but is that possible (just killed the fire giant)? I have zero clues except she is in the second part of the snowy area, but I read that it's pretty cryptic.

based

>game is shit
>fromdrones make a bunch of excuses

name a more iconic duo

Do the fucking puzzle in the town of the snowfield, retard

You won't find her without guide.

Castle Sol

It's very hard to miss actually, unless you rush the ending. The second part of the snowy area only has like 5 locations and it'll be obvious which one leads to her.

mimic faggot

Waterfowl Dance is completely and consistently able to dodge through every time. Manage your resources better, learn the timings and dodge it.
Good on you for not enabling easy mode to beat her but I think calling it a downside is a weak take considering the purpose it serves in the encounter.

>tfw have 40 vig 30 end 40 dex 40 fai
d-do I summon the mimic? my only weapons are the halo scythe, scorpion sting, bloodhound claws, eclipse shotel and uchigatana. Am I fucked? Anything I can go get to help?

If she is allowed to use bullshit then why can't I as well?

Attached: 1647383879445.gif (440x305, 976.12K)

>thread full of coping Mimicfags
You didn't beat the game.