Mogs all medium shields and most of the greatshields in your path

>mogs all medium shields and most of the greatshields in your path

Attached: dxcfvg.png (200x200, 20.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Beast Crest Heater Shield
twitter.com/AnonBabble

eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Beast Crest Heater Shield
Wrong, half the weight with almost similar stats, if carry weight isn't a problem you might as well go greatshield.

I gave this one to my friend and he’s still using it 100 levels later
He also has two of the best katanas In the game
Fuck samurai

>12 less boost
>similar stats
It's a flat upgrade in every way and the carry weight difference is completely negligible.

Your friend is a faggot for using katanas.

upgraded my brass shield to 20, put barricade in and never looked back

This is the brass shield right? What’s so special about it?

>not turtle shield

pffffffffft shields

>upgrading shield so it does more damage
Why are people this stupid?

I really hate how it looks, just used the banished knight one for most of the game because I loved the look of it.

I used it until my endurance was high enough to use greatshields then never went back. Now I cheese everything with greatshield+barricade+antspear rapier w/bleed, I can effortlessly tank hits while simultanously inflicting scarlet rot and bleed on my foes, gg

High guard boost = I'm fucking invincible

it also increase guard boost and with barricade I can make it go to a 100
stoopid

Attached: 1647450959944.jpg (1024x724, 107.28K)

Based, the banished knight set is the GOAT armor for me. So stylish, so functional.

upgrades boost stamina reduction, but it takes 2-3 levels to get a single point usually. Complaining about the "UX" is kind of a meme, but this is one area where the game could be better

It boosts guard rate retard, with barricade you can tank everything in the game that is physical with your stamina not moving at all, in the most literal sense, you do not take stamina damage, or chip damage with the brass gold shield, with barricade when its levelled up.

Is bleed weapon scaling still fucked?

Ive never seen someone NOT have this shield in online. I dont know why From has to make 90% of shields worthless because it just leads to everyone using this one and it bores me.

t. midwit

Oh yeah, I wore that set the whole game through, actually fucking came when I found the alternate version of the helmet. Only the chest piece looked like shit, but putting one of the tabard chest pieces on makes it peak fashion souls

It's easy to get very early in the game, and has great guard boost and damage absorption while not weighing a lot compared to larger shields with often worst stats.

Does banished knight shield reach 65 guard boost at max level?

>he doesn't look at guard boost
>literally the most important stat for shield

NGMI

same here fellow WALL bro, i am laffin at bosses and their 15hit combo dances while i just block all of them kek.

Fingerprint is so fucking busted. I never thought my favourite weapon in a game would be a tablet of rock.

Don't think so, but not sure, I switched to a great shield later on when my carry weight allowed it.

>I used it until my endurance was high enough to use greatshields then never went back.
You probably save on resources using a greatshield, but upgraded the dorito shield becomes an honorary great-shield at like 1/3rd the weight.

I stopped using shields at all because my whole set kept evolving except this shield. There is no other option.

The greatshield ram move is underrated.

I'm using the distinguished greatshield. At +19 its got like 70 something guard boost. The golden greatshield is probably better but its also ugly. Distinguished is one of the best looking shields in a souls game IMO

Brass reaches 69 at max level, but at base it's 56 while the knight shield is 52. If it's only a four point lead, then banished Knight's shield hopefully reaches 65 at max level rather than lvl18 like with the brass shield.

I've been in many fights where a 2 handed r2 jump attack instantly guard breaks fools using the shield. Don't listen to op and his lies

For me its the Kite Shield
Maybe not as good
But looks cooler to me

Attached: kite_shield_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 17.69K)

The stam recovery is overrated. Grass crest/chloranthy were good in Dark Souls but it's not as useful in Elden Ring.

Can someone explain what is guardboost

Looks bad, sorry. It's like some decoration a tasteless noble would hang on a wall, not a proper combat tool. Use a real man's shield that has actually seen battle. Doesn't even need upgrade materials to make the best use of barricade.

Attached: Manor-Towershield.png (407x407, 130.96K)

Whats a good way to build the longsword Vagabond starts with?
I want to do a full knight in shining armor run.

Attached: 1473601809430.png (1231x2160, 2.97M)

Stability, how much stamina is spent when blocking with a shield or weapon.

AFAIK yes, I suspect it'll be fixed in the next patch since they've supposedly acknowledged it

Shield upgrades reduce the stamina you lose when blocking an attack. Usually by a small amount, but once you've found your weaponfu, what else are you going to use your stones on?

I don't think you'll want to be using medium shields anyway when you get more carry weight in the game, tying that to stamina, and the new ash of war system really made great shields better than medium one's.

>greatshield
>that one talisman that increases guard boost
>25 endurance
>fist weapon for fast guard counters

These bosses are nothing to me

Flextralife claims BKS reaches 64.48 boost at 25, so you'd still take stamina damage, but it'd be miniscule enough to be imperceptable if you used the shield art.

The more guard boost the less stamina drain when you get hit

Where is a shields guard boost stat shown? Never seen that

I hate faggots that use katanas alongside shields so much, respect the the nippon steel.

Under "Guarded Damage Negation". For example, this Zweihander has 36.

Attached: 20220310052126_1.jpg (3840x2160, 834.12K)

Wtf how did i not know

The ash of war that increases boost to max also acts as a block when you cast it and it gives the medium shield the properties of a greatshield for guard parries. Functionally turning a much lighter medium shield into a greatshield allows you to equip stronger armor or carry another weapon. Greatshields only advantage is not having to upgrade them as much.

going all in on a single weapon is a little silly considering that many enemies heavily resist either slash & pierce or strike

I really don't like how greatshields actually look when you use them. Maybe it's because of how your character holds them. It does not look like you'd be able to block shit with the way they're held. I much prefer the regular sized shields.

I haven't used a shield since my first DS2 playthrough.

Pump str/dex for quality

Japanese had shields, too, you know.

not with a full sized katana

>Levelling ARC when its actually broken and not scaling with any weapons
I guess you play a discovery build

Going to be rocking a great shield on my next playthorugh, best weapons to pair with it?

Attached: fingerprint_stone_shield_greatshield_200px.png (200x200, 18.9K)

I recommend Lordsworn's Straight Sword instead, it's a guaranteed pick very early on. Compared to longsword it has higher base damage, slightly better dex scaling and crit boost, so it'll fare better if you make it keen and level dex. You can leave str at your starting value of 14 and use banished knight's shield, it's good and very stylish.

The game is quite short on "shining armor" though, as most sets are dimmed, rusty and overall worn out. You might want to look at the basic knight set from the roundtable merchant, cuckoo or leyndell knight sets. Haligtree sets is also very nice, but it's a very late drop